Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can Vamana get a little more range on his ult?

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    As i said your example is flawed. Your position to the target is gonna play a big role on if the target is gonna run away from you. Like i said Using his dash and slow to claim your spot and position to use his ultimate is all you need to stick with vamanas ultimate. the change that you are asking for will make no difference in how he should be played. Which means he can stick weather your change would happen or not.
    How exactly is my example flawed. Instead of saying " you can work around it by using even more slows" how about you acknowledge that there is indeed a difference between his normal form and his ultimate's available AA range.

If I run up to an opponent and slow them with and ability, and then keep only using AA while they only run they will never get away from me. If I do the same exact thing, only this time pop my ult and they do the same exact thing due to the increased slow they MIGHT not get away(in reality they'd eventually get away regardless since the duration on the slow from his ability will wear off fairly soon)

If however I don't use any abilities at all and my opponent just runs without abilities they still won't get away from me. If I pop my ult, they WILL get away from me.

How do you not see that there is a clear difference here. Whether you can get around it with excessive slows is irrelevant, you can land pretty much every attack in existence with enough slows. However, being a giant which augments his AA with cleaves, it should be EASIER to stick to an opponent with only AA not harder(you have increased width on your basics). Everything points to it should be easier, but in practice it has the opposite effect.

Junior Member Cupidhead dragonblade2045's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    A targeter for hit Ult's hit box (a la Fenrir ult) would be nice, but unnecessary. What it does need is a SLIGHT range boost. I'm talking 16 units vice 12. That's the same distance as all the other extended melee fighters (Bellona while 3 is up, Awilix, Cu Chulain). It makes sense considering he transforms into a freaking Giant.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,186
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    It could just get a buff to deal damage in a 20 unit radius instead of 16 range basic, but considering how Vamana gets ridiculous as all hell after getting Hastened Katana he'd have to get a nerf to his power.

But seriously, the guy has worse problems. He has beta mana costs that pretty much hinder him badly compared to other warriors. His passive forces him to invest in more physical protections than magical protections to get the most out of it, which isn't bad but when Osiris was also recently buffed to have magical damage mitigation and gods like Bellona, Tyr, Herc with both kinds of protections in their buffs, then what the hell?
    Last edited by Enigmatisty; 12-13-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post

But seriously, the guy has worse problems. He has beta mana costs that pretty much hinder him badly compared to other warriors. His passive forces him to invest in more physical protections than magical protections to get the most out of it, which isn't bad but when Osiris was also recently buffed to have magical damage mitigation and gods like Bellona, Tyr, Herc with both kinds of protections in their buffs, then what the hell?
    That is sorta like saying Ares is forced to build aura items. If I want magic defense, I'll usually build dual defense like spirit robe or mantle of discord just for that little bit of extra power compared to plain magic protection, but I don't feel forced to. On the contrary, I simply already prefer those items since they also give CDR.

He definitely benefits more from just physical protection items, so if your matched up against all physical enemies he gets a pretty decent advantage but that doesn't mean you are forced to build him that way just like Ares isn't forced to build auras.

I agree that he could use some adjustments, but I'd rather have a niche passive than have it apply to physical and magical protections but give drastically reduced power to make of for the existence of dual protections. That'd just make it feel even more forced to buy dual protections than it already does.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    doesn't matter how big he gonna be during his ult, there is a line you can't cross: melee god should stay melee.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    doesn't matter how big he gonna be during his ult, there is a line you can't cross: melee god should stay melee.
    You clearly don't read threads, if all you do is read the title and respond then I get how you might be confused but I'm not saying make him a ranged god. I don't want all his attacks during his ult to be like SWK 1s or anything, I just want his available range while small and while large to be equal.

In other words, I want his range increases by half the size of his avatar size increase (not talking about height)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ketsie's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Fix vamana ult... 20%-30%movement speed buff while in ult, add fatalis effect and presto a viable threat. or at least better than he is right now.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,186
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    That is sorta like saying Ares is forced to build aura items. If I want magic defense, I'll usually build dual defense like spirit robe or mantle of discord just for that little bit of extra power compared to plain magic protection, but I don't feel forced to. On the contrary, I simply already prefer those items since they also give CDR.

He definitely benefits more from just physical protection items, so if your matched up against all physical enemies he gets a pretty decent advantage but that doesn't mean you are forced to build him that way just like Ares isn't forced to build auras.

I agree that he could use some adjustments, but I'd rather have a niche passive than have it apply to physical and magical protections but give drastically reduced power to make of for the existence of dual protections. That'd just make it feel even more forced to buy dual protections than it already does.
    You have a point. But if that's the case, his ultimate might as well give 10-50 physical protections and 10-30 magical so he gets a stronger advantage with his passive while using it.

Quote Originally Posted by ketsie View Post
    Fix vamana ult... 20%-30%movement speed buff while in ult, add fatalis effect and presto a viable threat. or at least better than he is right now.
    How to break Vamana 101: give his ult what makes it so cancer from the start
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    You have a point. But if that's the case, his ultimate might as well give 10-50 physical protections and 10-30 magical so he gets a stronger advantage with his passive while using it.

How to break Vamana 101: give his ult what makes it so cancer from the start
    Vamannas ultimate is trash and has been for a very long time.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376
    I main vamana dude. in my opinion its far better to play him a tank. doesn't need range. I get he's not technical just a tank. yet I often end games with no deaths and have more wins then most people I see with diamond. its very possible to max him out in both magical and physical def. id throw the running relic on him and just focus minions... its really not needed vamana is already a solid character. I get you can play him offensively or maybe a mix. yet trust me dude just tank the damage for towers and max out his defensives...keep on them minions. kills will come but not deaths if you play like your dude. I mean I get 3 and 0 isn't too great but vamana straight guarantees the win as long as he has a good team. I mean its not call of duty bros. be proud of your damage mitigation and how good you hold a lane. if you want a damage role I suggest a hunter...most would say assassin...but most cant play assassin. plus hunter is more vital...like I said its not cod. you got to hold and push lanes...at the end of the day the kills don't win the game the team work does. most don't even run tanks as soon as they see vamana jump in the game. I know I main him, so sacrificing a tank role for a damage role is going to leave your team at a disadvantage. which means you have to be on your best. don't count what I got to say off I have never seen a better vamana then me. I have not watched any professionals but I have played 4 5 years now. last vamana I saw that did ok as damage was like 6 and 1 and we won because he let the minions through the lane while acting like an assassin jump from jungle. i got you a build though...mantle of discord, spirit robe, bulwark of hope, hide of urchin, hide of the nemean lion, pestilence...relics heavenly wings (first), then greater meditation...consumables both chalices. make sure you use every thing at your disposal every advantage helps. this is the best build for vamana. i have him diamond and over 150 (don't care to check prob rounding down) wins 330(the same rounding down) kills and way over 2200 assists. most games i just don't die, most games i win...less randoms feed. my scores would be higher but i also got diamond bachuss my second main trying for ah mu...went 13 and 0 one day with him. actually he's my best hunter though I'm a far better support. oh and i got diamond cupid which was literal hell.

i get you can build him as a offensive character. you may even rock it and destroy face. yet it makes more since to build him as a tank. do to how he has a heal, a run and close range attacks. throw a second run on him and all the def. then you got an unmovable tank. most the time I'm killed its 3 or plus enemys. personally i think increasing his range would make him far too op. don't go messing with the characters that are well balanced. build my build then tell me he needs tweaking. I'm not gonna say i never die...but if you do this i never will.

it may sound like boasting yet I'm being honest. i am a very good vamana player. he is perfect the way he is (though he looks like the last air bender with a stick in his ass...i prefer midget vamana cuz midgets are cool and you cant take that away from vern) build my build, don't play dumb, push minions, run half health, wait half build push tower with a hunter. play your role. then when its over if you did good. your gonna want to look for a few things. first deaths, i try and keep it 0 but every game cant be a winner. 2 or 3 deaths isn't gonna hurt your feeding ass team. next your gonna wanna look at your damage mitigation. if you body blocked, pushed minions, tanked towers...it should be massive. ive ended games 50,000+ damage mitigation. this build maxes out both ways...so no need to fuss with it. then the most important part for a tanking role. minion kills. i try to get top cuz i don't go for kills unless its a sure thing. so killin 50,000 minions proves you did your part...honestly hunters and every one should always push minions...but mostly hunters. yet hunters need a tank to body block.

i wish you good luck. this is my greatest build. so its pretty sweet of me to give my secrets to the community. so please do me proud. be proud of your tanking role. support is not easy to play that's why most go for kills. jumping in at the end is far easier then knowing how much to tank and when to run. the hurd goes assassin, so its pretty special if you don't. secret is assassin aint all that... my 13 and 0 was against 3 of em. i was ah mu too. often a well balanced team wins over a useless or just good enough assassin. if you are going negative with an assassin...don't play assassin. if you are nutral assassin...don't play assassin. if your deaths are half your life don't play assassin. most assassins don't even push minions. minions push lanes. kills don't win less your in noob arena. just cuz you can get kills in arena don't mean you can support a team as an assassin. oh ive even had assassins destroy me...and still won the game of clash. assassins cant hold lanes do to low health. so if you don't hold your lane and you don't get any kills you are useless. no i don't mean with a team behind you. i mean if you need to cover an empty lane. chances are you may but will have to go to fountain...or you will feed. no range, little health...you cant avoid any damage.

any way I'm done ranting about how assassins would be better off not being assassins...hunters rather. don't get me wrong 1 in conquest maybe clash is needed. other then that we could all just do with out. id rather you push minions a hunter and get no kills rather then not an assassin and get no kills. minions though small do win games.
    Last edited by random; 12-18-2017 at 04:28 PM.