Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Vamana get a little more range on his ult?

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Can Vamana get a little more range on his ult?

I think it is because his ult makes him so big, but even while building frost bound AND hastened katana I've got people just walking away from me during his ultimate.

I believe this is because his own body is taking up the majority of his attack range, preventing you from oppressively squishing yourself to your target so they can't escape like other melee characters would do. Effectively shortening his attack range(technically the same from the center of his body, but since his body is bigger and characters can't walk through each other there is smaller available range on his attacks).

Another way of fixing this issue, and what would likely be considered too OP of a change, would be to allow him to walk through enemy minions/gods during his ultimate(so he can literally stand on top of his targets). Though if they were to implement that, they'd also need to adjust his attacks to being circular AoE so people can't just walk through him to stay behind him the whole time.

Either way would be sufficient, as is his range is just too limited even with it being a cone attack.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    a giant unstopable piece of shit, who hit like a truck and can be stoped during his ult only if you kill him. sure, lets give him more range...

how about actually read god discription? at least you can see "melee" there.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    a giant unstopable piece of shit, who hit like a truck and can be stoped during his ult only if you kill him. sure, lets give him more range...

how about actually read god discription? at least you can see "melee" there.
    This "unstopable piece of shit" cant do shit if you got a brain and wait 6 sec while running away from him. Even if he buy Fatalis(which is just a very bad item for warrior) or Frostbound(which got nerfed from 2 -> 1.25 sec of slow) enemy can just pop up sprint and focus other targets in teamfight.

Vamana ult is just another saving life ult, same weak as SWK ult. You save your life sure but you will do nothing else.

If somebody doesnt have problem with hitting AA in Vamana ult then he playing against much weaker player.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    And honestly I'd say SWK ult is even better than Vamana's, you can use it to save his life but you can also use it to tower dive safely and deal some decent damage.(when his clone takes the tower hits it won't attack you, same with arachne spiders and junk)

I'm not saying it should be a ranged attack by the way BakaCircle, just that they increase its range so it protrudes from his avatar the same distance it does when he isn't using his ult. You know, make it so its AVAILABLE range stays the same.

For an example, look at Ratatoskr. He has the same range as all the other melee characters aside from the few with slightly longer range(chuchulainn, Bellona, I think there was a 3rd but I can't place it right now) but he has one of the tiniest avatars. It is incredibly easy for him to stick like glue to people because of this.

Vamana CAN stick like glue as well, if he isn't using his ultimate. As soon as you turn giant though, suddenly you can't stay on top of people anymore.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I hear you. I really don't like his Ult, it feels like the weakest part of his kit to me. This thing should give me a feeling of becoming a powerful giant (see Ant-man/Atom) but it doesn't. Hopefully it's something that Hi-Rez will iterate on after season 5 starts. I personally wish it gave him a set of new abilities to use while in the form. We will see.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I say it needs a targeter. It's a little hard to tell where it's going to land. That said, it's already a really good ult. I don't think it needs an outright buff, I just think the god himself could stand a little more utility and a less specialized passive.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I say it needs a targeter. It's a little hard to tell where it's going to land. That said, it's already a really good ult. I don't think it needs an outright buff, I just think the god himself could stand a little more utility and a less specialized passive.
    His ultimate needs a rework they need to change it to this

Vamana is healed for every 1.5 seconds and receives a 10% heal increase and 5% speed and health increase for every God *adjustable* distance around him. These buffs will count as stacks and will be maxed at 5. Based on his stacks a certain amount of his basics will cause the enemy to be taunted and attack him (This includes his splash damage as well). 7/6/5/4/4 basics. His ultimate will be active based on his percentage of health. Once he reaches below that certain percentage he will be brought back to his normal self in critical condition at 10% health. The percentage will be based on stacks. 60%/65%/50%/45%/40% health.

This seems bloated but balanced by counter play.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Uh.... It doesn't really need a rework....

Honestly, even leaving most of it as is but removing the avatar size growth would be fine with me(that way he still cleaves, and his range isnt wrecked from an increase in avatar size).

The only issue is his available range decrease. There are several ways to fix that, as long as they pick one I'm happy with the way it currently works.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Honestly, even leaving most of it as is but removing the avatar size growth would be fine with me
    So, what, he just starts glowing? That's lame. The whole point of the ability is that it's a callback to his lore, wherein he transforms into a giant. An increased hitbox doesn't affect his range.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Uh.... It doesn't really need a rework....

Honestly, even leaving most of it as is but removing the avatar size growth would be fine with me(that way he still cleaves, and his range isnt wrecked from an increase in avatar size).

The only issue is his available range decrease. There are several ways to fix that, as long as they pick one I'm happy with the way it currently works.
    Uh....either that or half his ultimates cooldown. Every decent player knows what to do when vamana pops his ultimate. run and keep distance for 6 seconds. His ultimate is literally depended on a dumb ass hitting him.