Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: The stats that matter, and their order of importance, in your opinion?

  1. #11
    Junior Member Cupidhead dragonblade2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    USA, specifics change
    Posts
    28
    1
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Wards placed is a huge thing for me in Conquest. Nothing more frustrating that face stomping with my ADC and then get 4 dude rotate on me and I don't see them because my wards ran out before I could back and no one else wards or calls.

    As far as Damage, depends on the role. High support damage when the team is doing poorly to me means the support isn't peeling well 7 times out of 10. If the jungler isn't top minion damage, they're not rotating through the jungle effectively.

    Gold, don't care too much, just keep ahead of your respective opponent and if you can't, help someone else get way the hell ahead so they can pull you along.

    I put little stock in KD past the first 10 mins of a game. After that, it's all KDA and kill count contribution to me. What are you doing when a team fight goes down. How many of the team kills have you had a hand in? Unless you're a split pushing ADC, there's no reason to be in on less than 50% of the team's kills by the end of the game.

  2. #12
    Member Worshipper MemphisMiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    290
    5
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Magethender View Post
    Nice discussion, here are some points I think may be somewhat relevant (sorry if it's a tangent to the main topic):
    Thanks! Loved your input.
    M3mphisM3les

    We named the dog P0eP0e ...

    Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Fafnir, Thanatos
    ~~~


  3. #13
    Member Worshipper MemphisMiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    290
    5
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonblade2045 View Post
    I put little stock in KD past the first 10 mins of a game. After that, it's all KDA and kill count contribution to me. What are you doing when a team fight goes down. How many of the team kills have you had a hand in? Unless you're a split pushing ADC, there's no reason to be in on less than 50% of the team's kills by the end of the game.
    Agree on your point about wards, that's a great one to track. However, around team kills and fights, if you have a teammate feeding, or in terribad position regularly, team fight participation isn't always a good metric to tell a story with ... if someone's feeding and I run in to make it 4v2 vs. 4v1, and we both die, our team does worse with my teamfight participation. Context is key.
    M3mphisM3les

    We named the dog P0eP0e ...

    Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Fafnir, Thanatos
    ~~~


  4. #14
    Junior Member Cupidhead TorturesRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    13
    2
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    In my opinion the stats don't matter at all. One insistence in one encounter can change the whole game. What I look for in players I consider playing with is tower dives.

  5. #15
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TorturesRevival View Post
    In my opinion the stats don't matter at all. One insistence in one encounter can change the whole game. What I look for in players I consider playing with is tower dives.
    Stats is your footprint in a match, everybody does something different so everybody has a different footprint. Skill, role, coordination etc. Effects your footprint. So stats matter.

  6. #16
    Junior Member Cupidhead TorturesRevival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    13
    2
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    To be clear then, the only stat that matters is wins. The unquantifiable stats that matter for winning that aren't on a "footprint" are target selection (minion, player, tower), relic usage, game awareness, zoning, baiting, ability/item countering, positioning, strafing, call outs. With so many different options for ways to beat an opponent. You can do 0 player damage and win. Or zero tower damage and force and f6.
    Last edited by TorturesRevival; 01-05-2018 at 09:59 AM. Reason: phail spellcheckrr

  7. #17
    Banned Honoured
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TorturesRevival View Post
    To be clear then, the only stat that matters is wins. The unquantifiable stats that matter for winning that aren't on a "footprint" are target selection (minion, player, tower), relic usage, game awareness, zoning, baiting, ability/item countering, positioning, strafing, call outs. With so many different options for ways to beat an opponent. You can do 0 player damage and win. Or zero tower damage and force and f6.
    A hunter can't do 0 player damage and win, a assassin can't do 0 player damage and win. A warrior can't do 0 player damage and win. A support can't do 0 player damage and win.

    What you are confused about is all of what you listed are used to make your footprint. As I said before roles play different, players play different, therefore your footprint will be different. This rule is clear in duels. When somebody wins a duel. The player that wins always has more of a major stat the enemy doesn't. If it's not kills its objective damage. If it's not that it's both. Or gold. Or player damage. And that is what all you listed comes in to play, strategys, methods or mechanics used to determine what your stats will look like. Stats will always matter.

  8. #18
    Banned Chosen Gromun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Россия Матушка
    Posts
    2,014
    8
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    player damage in fact very flat, you can deal 100600 damage but dont kill a target/s or deal 1 damage and kill, what of this damage will be usefull for you/team? ofc this 1 dmg wich gave exp and gold, removed an enemy from the game for revive time. Assists? u can stand and do nothing and get this assist, kill? same, u can do nothing whole game but come and deal this 1 dmg , grab exp and gold and continue be useless and contribute nothing strategicaly to the win. same with others stats, for me the msot important is death , death is shows what u gave to other team and it cant be good for yr team , grab from enemeis and dont give anything to them back this is my logic, but i feeder so it can sound strange from me xD

  9. #19
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    94
    2
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonblade2045 View Post
    Wards placed is a huge thing for me in Conquest. Nothing more frustrating that face stomping with my ADC and then get 4 dude rotate on me and I don't see them because my wards ran out before I could back and no one else wards or calls.
    In this case you can see on your minimap that your wards are expired and that you have no vision on the jungle. You should realize that without that vision you are taking a big gamble to be anywhere besides under your tower. The best course of action would be to back off even if you have pressure and maybe its not fun to give that up and go back and ward.

    If you are not in a premade with good comms you should expect that other players will not call missing and that you need to play more careful.

    Instead of expecting that random players will call missing and be pissed when they never do this.
    Expect that they won't call missing and be happy when the occasional random player does call out missing.

  10. #20
    New Member Cupidhead Ranar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    9
    1
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    All the stats are just indicators but are not the most important thing of the game. Of course it also heavily depends on the game mode. Of course you can't win games with 0 player damage, but you can easily lose with high player damage.

    A Warrior can have a really high K/D ratio and still be awefull, because he was never there during team fights to help his comrades not die and just ran in late to make the kill.

    A mage with little kills and assists but lots of damage might have caused the enemy team to constantly retreat and thus the team's objectives could be secured more easily.

    A hunter with little player damage (compared to the team) might have pushed the objectives by taking down towers, phoenixes or bosses, while the comrades kept the enemies busy.

    A Guardian can have 0 deaths, lots of assists and even lots of damage mitgation and still be bad, because he always recklessly engaged team fights and had to leave those fights first.

    Of course these are examples of extreme situations and more often than not, if someone is playing bad, you will see some kind of a reflection of behavior in his stats too. But don't make the mistake of taking the stats as granted.

    For me the most important thing about other players is team presence.
    Did he help his team out.
    Was he fullfilling his role.
    Was he listening to calls and at least making basic calls himself.
    Was he counter building to an obvous advantage/disadvantage of the enemy team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •