Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The stats that matter, and their order of importance, in your opinion?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

The stats that matter, and their order of importance, in your opinion?

It varies by game mode, to be sure.

But some folks are fixated on stats, versus the outcome of a game. I have always thought that k/d, gold earned, and damage taken were the key stats to be top of the list at the end of a match, for any God.

k/d (kills vs. deaths) - are you earning tickets or losing them?
    gold - how much did you contribute across the entire match? This takes God kills, minions, objectives, into consideration so can be a key stat for understanding how effective and involved you were as a teammate.
    damage taken - quite simply, some roles should soak damage, and some should avoid it at all costs. This stat matters contextually, so if you don't know the first thing about God roles in each mode, you probably won't read the metric correctly.

Generally speaking you want to have low damage taken as an assassin, mage, or adc hunter, and can accept higher amounts as a bruiser or tank warr/guard (again, depends on mode - in CQ those God classes have specific roles that don't always translate to my priority list).

Yours?

Postscript ... I know people say 'damage is king, HA look at your damage, UR DAMAGE SUX BRO' but honestly I think it's one of the least helpful stats to gauge performance in SMITE. 'Damage' suggests the other 2, 3, or 4 teammates are doing their job in a way that makes sense for your battle. I usually dismiss damage outright, unless k/d and gold are in high rank at the end of a match. Then I pay close attention to it. High damage is awesome, we should all hope to do it. But it's not a stat in SMITE that is reflective of the context of battle.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I mean, sure you may say this stat is more important than this one, but actually it doesn't really matter, you may have done enough damage to kill players through the match, but imagine you just keep damaging players, but not enough to kill them or to back, so in the first situation you didn't do as much damage as the second, but you were more useful and in that case the damage you did was more important.

The same happens with other stats, let's say damage taken as a tank, in one situation, you get hit by everything and have a lot of damage taken, but you didn't help anyone, you lost a lot of health and it forced you to back, etc. In another situation, you may have low damage taken, but you tanked what was needed, you helped your team, you could stay even longer, etc.

So, stats don't really matter, maybe the only one that could really show how good you were in the match could be the gold, but even then.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I look for things like:
    - Assist to kill ratio, in this case the total kills. So if entire team has say 40 kills, and you play frontline and have 38 assists, that suggests a high teamfight presence.
    - Damage out and Damage mitigated. Higher than average Damage mitigated as a frontliner while inflicting decent Player damage.
    - The less deaths the better.
    - Number of wards bought.
    - Aura items eg going Pythagorem's Piece instead of usual Bancrofts Talon
    - Recognizing and getting antiheal as soon as possible against high healing comp eg any comp with Hel
    - Number of kills is the last thing I check.

Things that are not reflected in the stats:
    - Number of saves eg helping a low health teammate get away successfully while also not getting killed in the process.
    - Number of setups leading to deicide

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    I mean, sure you may say this stat is more important than this one, but actually it doesn't really matter, you may have done enough damage to kill players through the match, but imagine you just keep damaging players, but not enough to kill them or to back, so in the first situation you didn't do as much damage as the second, but you were more useful and in that case the damage you did was more important.

The same happens with other stats, let's say damage taken as a tank, in one situation, you get hit by everything and have a lot of damage taken, but you didn't help anyone, you lost a lot of health and it forced you to back, etc. In another situation, you may have low damage taken, but you tanked what was needed, you helped your team, you could stay even longer, etc.

So, stats don't really matter, maybe the only one that could really show how good you were in the match could be the gold, but even then.
    This. Nuff said.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    Even gold is not a very good indicator. It shows how fast you can farm, but the game is more complex. Maybe you continued fighting instead of rotating causing your team to lose an important fight.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    damage taken - quite simply, some roles should soak damage, and some should avoid it at all costs. This stat matters contextually, so if you don't know the first thing about God roles in each mode, you probably won't read the metric correctly.
    I wouldnt consider this stat as viable to judge X player cause you can have the highest by constantly being out of position and dying for nothing. Also in other hand you can have 0 damage taken as Hunter which mean you didnt contribute to fights at all(or you are a god).
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    I wouldnt consider this stat as viable to judge X player cause you can have the highest by constantly being out of position and dying for nothing. Also in other hand you can have 0 damage taken as Hunter which mean you didnt contribute to fights at all(or you are a god).
    On it's own no, agreed, but that's why k/d matters so much, as does role, when considering mitigated. That's what the point I made about context means.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Nice discussion, here are some points I think may be somewhat relevant (sorry if it's a tangent to the main topic):

1. Generally if you team up and have somewhat decent synergy with your team, the stats will always be much better as a whole; people playing together as a team, who share XP, help eachother with important objectives, etc. generally have a much easier time getting decent stats than people without synergy. Succeeding as a team is so much more important than one individual gods' stats.
    2. When reviewing stats, it is important to keep in mind that some gods are more or less hard counters to others (especially solo lane), and thus some times there isn't that much that can be done to prevent falling behind in farm for instance (though of course there's almost always room for improvement, learning how to play from behind, etc.) .
    3. People being top damage/kills/gold tend to snowball so they get an increasing lead in kills/damage/gold, so it's important to be aware of this throughout the game and play accordingly when behind/ahead. (It's also less impressive when someone already far ahead continues to increase the lead and then berate the others for doing less damage, etc.)
    4. With some gods, it's much easier to deal huge loads of damage (like with zeus or ah puch or ne zha in assault).
    5. Like mentioned above, many things are not reflected in stats, like good setups/zoning/CC/objective securing (tower damage doesn't cover it).

Generally though, if I play, say, an ADC, and have comparable farm/kit/team support as my opponent and he/she get far ahead in damage and less deaths I care quite a bit. Off the top of my head, I guess I'd say the stats important for the different roles may be somewhat like this:

• Hunters: Farm well, deal damage to other gods & objectives; don't die. High damage/death ratio, also good GPM important.
    • Assassins: Go in at the right moment, kill secure and get out. Know how to farm jungle well. High kill/death ratio, decent GPM from navigating jungle optimally important.
    • Guardians: Setup kills, peel & bodyblock. Tank objectives. High assist/migation/damage taken/zoning important.
    • Warrriors: Be another frontline, maintain consistent damage. Decent damage/damage migated important
    • Mage: Decent damage, good zoning, decent cc. Decent damage/assists/kills/zoning important.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 905
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Depends on mode but I value assists highly.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    wards placed...