Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What's with the Smite match accept penalty?

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Ok, so:
    -The first time you don't accept the match accept it's two minutes, probably you missed another and didn't even realize.
    -You queue because you are ready to play, if you have to do something else, cancel the queue, it isn't that hard.
    -You do waste the time of other people when you don't queue, just because you haven't experienced long queues it doesn't mean they don't happen or that they are rare.
    -Once again in case you didn't read: You queue because you are ready to play, if you have to do something else, cancel the queue.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Seitaro View Post

That's like saying you don't care if someone has a heart attack just as they're about to accept the match.

I guess they don't need to worry about the smite Q then...

You also understated the popularity of Smite, making it sound like this is just small hipster MOBA. It is not. Smite is popular enough to have reasonable queue times.

I've sat in queues for 25 minutes just to have someone not accept. then I've had to wait another 20 minutes. Not 30 seconds.

Are you trying to say that of all MOBAs out there, you chose Smite, because it has unique penalty system, and only for that reason?

Also, if you claim that you haven't even tried playing other MOBA, then you have no right to claim that penalty system in Smite is too soft for MOBA game. I've played numerous MOBA and MOBA-like games and I saw how their penalty system works. So I can say it as a fact, that Smite has the worst penalty system I've ever seen

I've played other MOBAs but I've never seen the penalty for not accepting. Because I accept my games. Smite is Smite it may be a moba but it isn't the same moba. Things are different than other mobas and the penaltys are too.

If Hi-Rez really thinks that the best solution to this is immediately punishing player after one decline, then they should resign from any rights to this game, and hand it over to other company that can do it better.

If you make someone who waste people time have their time wasted, you should just stop fucking existing. I didn't know this wasn't a logic train of thought.

It seems none of you nor Hi-Rez realise what time efficiency is.

I don't think you realise what it is. If a single person waste the time of NINE other people. They should be punished.

Hirez does this by wasting their time...

since when does the time of one person who waste time for 9 other people, matter more than 9 other people?

You logic is flawed...

I don't think you even understand what you are saying
    Smite Name: Jihadned, Steam Name: jjadned. Sponsored by Flextape.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I believe that OP has had numerous answers, explaining everything from why not accepting queues is wasting other players time, through the penalty time all the way to some solid advice on what to do/not to do when queued up.

At this point there is no reason to keep the thread open any longer, could someone close it please?

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    5 Minutes and a reset to 0 of good-will which means if you get reported with no Good Will, you could get automatically banned especially in a lobby full of children who do not call roles or anything.

So far Hi-Rez has not don a very good job at solving the toxicity problems with Conquest Mode, The support ticket response time, even dealing with the Real Toxic players who harassment others, solicit reports that stuff needs to go from Smite, but its allowed to stay while people who get reported by toxic kids who are salty, or upset about something get banned for no reason especially if all you do is conquest.

If you do arena a lot or just anything except for that chances are you don't run into this issue, but Riot, and Blizzard do their games right Hi-Rez even with Paladins seems to do nothing to address the complaints or issues and I have not hear from anyone yet in regards to what is really going to be done to solve the issues which is really quite simple to randomly assign roles, or people required to call them, or role selection like in League.

Edit: You see I have a screen-shot of a Hi-Rez employee saying that harassing others in chat is allowed when I brought up the subject (People should not be allowed to ask for reports) on other players or solict reports because its toxic and harassing, they said players are permitted to do this pretty much.

And the problem with the report system is people can gank up on users or harassment them just because they don't follow a specific meta, play a god they agree with or like, or just because they are newbs or use a build another doesn't agree with if this happens to you with zero good-will in 1-2 games after you likely get suspended 3 days.
    Last edited by KatarinaX; 01-06-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    5 Minutes and a reset to 0 of good-will which means if you get reported with no Good Will, you could get automatically banned especially in a lobby full of children who do not call roles or anything.

So far Hi-Rez has not don a very good job at solving the toxicity problems with Conquest Mode, The support ticket response time, even dealing with the Real Toxic players who harassment others, solicit reports that stuff needs to go from Smite, but its allowed to stay while people who get reported by toxic kids who are salty, or upset about something get banned for no reason especially if all you do is conquest.

If you do arena a lot or just anything except for that chances are you don't run into this issue, but Riot, and Blizzard do their games right Hi-Rez even with Paladins seems to do nothing to address the complaints or issues and I have not hear from anyone yet in regards to what is really going to be done to solve the issues which is really quite simple to randomly assign roles, or people required to call them, or role selection like in League.

Edit: You see I have a screen-shot of a Hi-Rez employee saying that harassing others in chat is allowed when I brought up the subject (People should not be allowed to ask for reports) on other players or solict reports because its toxic and harassing, they said players are permitted to do this pretty much.

And the problem with the report system is people can gank up on users or harassment them just because they don't follow a specific meta, play a god they agree with or like, or just because they are newbs or use a build another doesn't agree with if this happens to you with zero good-will in 1-2 games after you likely get suspended 3 days.
    Telling team mates in chat to report someone isn't always bad. For instance, if a player puts up a surrender vote but it gets denied and then that player just sits in fountain the rest of the game spamming emotes, your team should be reporting that player as they've stopped playing the game(regardless of whether they take baby movements so they don't DC or not) and you want to get your team to help take some responsibility for the community and report such players.

If they are saying to report someone simply because they aren't skilled, aren't doing what they are told, or aren't following 'meta', there is no reportable offense.... In those cases it is closer to flaming but I don't know if I'd really call it harassment considering they aren't talking to you. I'd just ignore that myself.(probably use the mute button)

If they are actually harassing you directly, telling you you are awful or something and they are going to have your account hacked/banned whatever, then you can report them for harassment.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 839
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    why penalty exist? its simple: some jerk que and goes afk, game find a match, ppl wait for him to accept, he doesn't, game instanlty que him again and same shit happends over and over. with penalty such ppl can't do this.

if they would make game not placing ppl in que instantly after they didn't accept, there is still the case when this guy do it on purpose - because he is asshole and he likes it.

"oh, who cares, game will find another match for you in 30 sec", it could be like that if there would be like 5-10 of those jerks... but there are THOUSANDS of them.

without penalty to punish such ppl you would NEVER find a single match ever.

P.S. also, without penalty, this que system can be used as some sort of DDOS attack...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel