Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: What's with the Smite match accept penalty?

  1. #31
    New Member Cupidhead nkilkippa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6
    1
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Im sure on PS4 there has been an increase in this lately, its terrible.

    I have no idea why anyone queues for a match then does not press confirm, I bet some people do it on purpose because thats just how 'SMITE' is, Its all to add to the SALT pile for everyone to get salty before the match even starts. I love salt myself, Once i am fully salted, Things get bad.

    I would increase the penalty, Bad enough that this person was about to ruin your game, hes also wasting everyones time.

  2. #32
    Junior Member Cupidhead Seitaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    10
    3
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    How its isnt true? You must understand that you are not hub of the Universe
    I never stated that it only happens to me, so the comparison to the hub of the Universe is completely out of place.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    other 9 players dont care if you must pick up a phone or go to grocery shop. Fact is that you ARE wasting ppl time at least by this 30 sec per person which is 4,5 minutes overall.
    That's like saying you don't care if someone has a heart attack just as they're about to accept the match.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    I didnt look at actual statistics, I exaggeration to show you that when you have more players then its much faster and easier to find balanced match.
    You also understated the popularity of Smite, making it sound like this is just small hipster MOBA. It is not. Smite is popular enough to have reasonable queue times.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    And honestly thats their games, I dont play it for multiple reason so why would I want to have smth that these games have anyway? Current penalty system in Smite is imo even too soft as I wrote in previous post.
    Are you trying to say that of all MOBAs out there, you chose Smite, because it has unique penalty system, and only for that reason?

    Also, if you claim that you haven't even tried playing other MOBA, then you have no right to claim that penalty system in Smite is too soft for MOBA game. I've played numerous MOBA and MOBA-like games and I saw how their penalty system works. So I can say it as a fact, that Smite has the worst penalty system I've ever seen

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    because during beta I (and I assume others) would queue up and let it time out, then queue up immediately after and let it time out... over and over - mostly because I'm a shit and I thought it was funny.
    If Hi-Rez really thinks that the best solution to this is immediately punishing player after one decline, then they should resign from any rights to this game, and hand it over to other company that can do it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Derajalen View Post
    BULLSHIT! Do you know how many Q's get dumped because of people like you or the kinds of people that can't even lock in a damn character.
    Please just uninstall.
    We're discussing pre-God select window, with only Accept and Decline buttons. If you don't understand that, then this thread isn't for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    So, I wrote that you should STOP queueing when you are AFK, BIG RED X BUTTON right to the queue timer.
    Also I didnt had literally ANY situation(1,7k hours of playing) where I must to dodge game by not hitting accept button, if I must go AFK I STOP queueing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    This is simple logic, There was a comment here that you ignored purposely because it made to much sense to you.

    But lets make it real big green and bold.

    If something happens and you need to get up, the fucking que. Then when you come back instead of facing a penalty you can just start it back up. SIMPLE.

    Others have told yo ass the same thing but you blatantly ignored it. It must be a reason behind you dodging matches then what your saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    None of that matters. It's simple, if you have to do something cancel que and do what you have to do. It's not fucking hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlasfailed View Post
    Its not really that stupid. If you allow one players negligence (because not leaving queue when afk can be called nothing but negligence) to waiste the time of 9 others than the impact of that one player on the player base is really big.

    For everyone one queue dodger, the impact of that queue dodger is multiplied by 9.

    So if 1% of the players queue dodge, then 9% of all the game queues get reset. If HiRez does nothing about this and queue dodging becomes more frequent, say 5% of all players queue dodge then almost half (45%) of the game queues get reset. That would mean that each players average queue time would increase by 1minute.

    So no thanks, just leave the queue if you have to go afk for whatever reason.
    It seems none of you nor Hi-Rez realise what time efficiency is.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,540
    6
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seitaro View Post

    That's like saying you don't care if someone has a heart attack just as they're about to accept the match.







    Also, if you claim that you haven't even tried playing other MOBA, then you have no right to claim that penalty system in Smite is too soft for MOBA game. I've played numerous MOBA and MOBA-like games and I saw how their penalty system works. So I can say it as a fact, that Smite has the worst penalty system I've ever seen



    If Hi-Rez really thinks that the best solution to this is immediately punishing player after one decline, then they should resign from any rights to this game, and hand it over to other company that can do it better.




    Nobody knows why someone doesn't hit accept. Maybe their internet disconnected, or they suffered a blackout/brownout, had a heart attack/stroke, a fire broke out in their home, the went to answer the door, use the restroom, grab a bag of chips, purposefully dodged etc etc. It is all irrelevant, that is why the bane doesn't start at 24 hours or some other unreasonable ban length. So when people leave due to an event out of their control, they aren't severely punished for it.

    That is not a fact, it is an opinion. It doesn't matter how many MOBAs you have played, different people have different opinions on which penalty systems are worse.

    If you have issues with the developer team to the point you don't want to play a game they design, don't play. You can stick to MOBAs by developers you deem capable. If you really want to play Smite, then obviously they are plenty qualified to run their own game. There is no reason they should ever be forced to hand it over to another company.

  4. #34
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    7
    This is such a ridiculous thread.

    2 minutes is a more than acceptable penalty for missing a 30-second long match accept.

    Deal with it.
    What do I put here now?

  5. #35
    New Member Cupidhead Duryodhana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    8
    2
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    I just logged in first time to reply to this. This is one ridiculous thread. The amount of reaction he gives for a 5 min deserter eventhough its 2 min the first time is too much. Hirez should give the company to others because u got a 5 min deserter? Goodness.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Chosen ZetoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,660
    9
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    I never stated that it only happens to me, so the comparison to the hub of the Universe is completely out of place.
    Sure, it can happen to everybody but only you complain about this. Maybe other ppl actually think that they deserve for penalty after wasting ppl time?

    That's like saying you don't care if someone has a heart attack just as they're about to accept the match.
    So you want tell me that guy who will get heart attack during accepting the game would care about 5 min deserter in online game instead his own life???

    You also understated the popularity of Smite, making it sound like this is just small hipster MOBA. It is not. Smite is popular enough to have reasonable queue times.
    I dunno dude how you but I playing with these same ppl at least once per 3 matches.

    I've played numerous MOBA and MOBA-like games and I saw how their penalty system works. So I can say it as a fact, that Smite has the worst penalty system I've ever seen
    You probably would say that you shouldnt get cash penalty for parking car in the middle of the street while blocking trams and busses cause you must go smoke ASAP so screw you ppl in public transport. Thats exactly this same logic if you compare carefully.

    It seems none of you nor Hi-Rez realise what time efficiency is.
    I know what it is but when you queue you should stay on computer, you dont want then you should play single player games, thats all.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

  7. #37
    Member Follower IcYWoLf82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    124
    5
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seitaro View Post
    Why Smite is the only existing MOBA that punishes players the very first time they don't accept match? I simply don't understand the logic behind this and why Hi-Rez thinks it's good idea, when all the other MOBA developers only penalty players after they declined joining the match lobby several times.
    That option was removed back in season 2, in the beta and season 1 there used to be the option to decline a match without penalty. It wasn't actually a big issue at the time, and if anything it looks like people are dodging match ques almost as frequently today

  8. #38
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    32
    1
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    I think the first drop in a unaccepted match in a day should be a freebie. After that you should get penalised. There are a number of things that can grab someones attention for 30 seconds, and the game itself can glitch. There's also the possibility of a team lead starting a que before the whole team is ready to go.
    That said, the penalty is so minor it isn't worth getting upset over. Especially when the person who got penalised literally wasted at least 30 seconds if not more of 5-9 other peoples time. Complaining about a minute ban when you wasted at least 150 seconds of other peoples time is hilarious.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Honoured
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    825
    5
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seitaro View Post
    If Hi-Rez really thinks that the best solution to this is immediately punishing player after one decline, then they should resign from any rights to this game, and hand it over to other company that can do it better.
    I'm sure Hi-rez disagrees. You've also spent more time arguing about this nonsense than you would have spent legitimately waiting for the queue to reset after the rare exception that you "needed" to miss it. The first penalty is only 30 seconds or a minute or something and the penalties "wear off" over time. How many "rare exceptions" do you need? If you really needed to dodge the queue then you shouldn't even be here 30 seconds or a minute later anyway - you should be off doing whatever the fuck you needed to be doing that caused you to miss the queue... right? Right.

  10. #40
    Member Follower Tree45PeecN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    140
    2
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    This is such a ridiculous thread.

    2 minutes is a more than acceptable penalty for missing a 30-second long match accept.

    Deal with it.
    I agree with this person.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •