Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What's with the Smite match accept penalty?

Junior Member Cupidhead Seitaro's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

What's with the Smite match accept penalty?

Why Smite is the only existing MOBA that punishes players the very first time they don't accept match? I simply don't understand the logic behind this and why Hi-Rez thinks it's good idea, when all the other MOBA developers only penalty players after they declined joining the match lobby several times.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Don't Que if not gonna play, click accept if you going to play, pretty simple. Wasting peoples time should be punishable
    Win lane, lose game

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Don't Que if not gonna play, click accept if you going to play, pretty simple. Wasting peoples time should be punishable
    It's not wasting anyone's time, but mine. All the people that were queued for this match that I dodged are just gonna find next one in the span of 30 seconds. Meanwhile I have to wait 5 more minutes, because I went AFK when the game was searching for the players. You seem to not understand how the queue and lobby in MOBA games work, and neither does Hi-Rez understand that

And since when being AFK when match accept pops ups equals to being AFK the whole game? Explain that

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Seitaro View Post
    It's not wasting anyone's time, but mine. All the people that were queued for this match that I dodged are just gonna find next one in the span of 30 seconds. Meanwhile I have to wait 5 more minutes, because I went AFK when the game was searching for the players. You seem to not understand how the queue and lobby in MOBA games work, and neither does Hi-Rez understand that

And since when being AFK when match accept pops ups equals to being AFK the whole game? Explain that
    Its not always the next 30 sec span of time. I assume u have never had +10m ques.
    Win lane, lose game

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,441
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    It's not wasting anyone's time, but mine.
    That's quite the disregard of your fellow players.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,040
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    If it takes you 30 seconds to find a match then why did you go afk in that short amount of time.

Now realistic it probably took you a few minutes to find a match and you went afk. Sometimes another one pops right away and other times it doesn't. And if 9 people have to wait an extra 30 like your example because of one.Then that equal about 4 1/2 minutes which is about equal to a 5 minute deserter penalty which is more then fair.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Why Smite is the only existing MOBA that punishes players the very first time they don't accept match? I simply don't understand the logic behind this and why Hi-Rez thinks it's good idea, when all the other MOBA developers only penalty players after they declined joining the match lobby several times.
    Because you make 9 other people waste 4-5 mins of their life.

Besides, the penalty for queue dodging is only 2 mins for the first time.

Meanwhile those 9 people who waited 4 mins total 36min wasted.

IMO not accepting queue is only fine when a technical or Smite issue stops you from accepting it IE queue pops but you can't accept because the screen darkened but the queue window isn't showing.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 12-09-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiXzero View Post
    If it takes you 30 seconds to find a match then why did you go afk in that short amount of time.
    There's are a tons of reasons why I had to get up from my PC and go somewhere and sometimes they just come up unexpected. It's called personal life, and one can never expect it if there's gonna be knocking at the door, an important phone call or any other circumstance right at the moment the game finds players. That's why leaving for such a short period of time only to find out that I've been penaltied to wait another 5 minutes is completely unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Because you make 9 other people waste 4-5 mins of their life.
    No I don't. They get immediately requeued for another match and don't have to wait for anything. Only I waste more time because of this stupid penalty system

Besides, the penalty for queue dodging is only 2 mins for the first time.
    The first penalty is always 5 minutes, so I don't understand what you're saying.

Meanwhile those 9 people who waited 4 mins total 36min wasted.
    How exactly according to you a person can waste 36 minutes in a queue, simply because someone declined to join the match lobby? Those numbers don't add up no matter how you try

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    There's are a tons of reasons why I had to get up from my PC and go somewhere and sometimes they just come up unexpected. It's called personal life, and one can never expect it if there's gonna be knocking at the door, an important phone call or any other circumstance right at the moment the game finds players. That's why leaving for such a short period of time only to find out that I've been penaltied to wait another 5 minutes is completely unfair.

No I don't. They get immediately requeued for another match and don't have to wait for anything. Only I waste more time because of this stupid penalty system

The first penalty is always 5 minutes, so I don't understand what you're saying.

How exactly according to you a person can waste 36 minutes in a queue, simply because someone declined to join the match lobby? Those numbers don't add up no matter how you try
    The first time offense penalty is 2 mins.

At least on PC, idk it may be different on ps4/xbox.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    The first time offense penalty is 2 mins.

At least on PC, idk it may be different on ps4/xbox.

Maybe if you own the paid version of Smite with all of the gods unlocked.

I play on the free one, and it's always been 5 minutes