Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hate how skins are done...

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points 7 days registered

Hate how skins are done...

I really dislike how some skins are "limited" and will never be available ever again, or how "exclusive" skins are hidden behind ridiculous loot chest schemes. Why can't there be a way to accumulate points somehow to pick and choose the skins you want to unlock, regardless of availability, like how Heroes of the Storm does it? Players who spend a lot of time with the game should be rewarded in some way by giving them a chance to unlock something they want.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    I really dislike how some skins are "limited" and will never be available ever again, or how "exclusive" skins are hidden behind ridiculous loot chest schemes. Why can't there be a way to accumulate points somehow to pick and choose the skins you want to unlock, regardless of availability, like how Heroes of the Storm does it? Players who spend a lot of time with the game should be rewarded in some way by giving them a chance to unlock something they want.
    They are limited skins cause players who start playing earlier and promote game should get smth more than players who just get started when game is already popular. This is how game rewards regular customers.

Chests system however is just good element of business. Ppl from their own will wasting huge amount of money to get this specific one skin which for me its crazy but I dont mind when HR doing this.

Remember one thing: skins are only cosmetics which give you nothing in combat.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    I hate that generation that thinks they should be able to get anything they want, its gonna be the doom of society as we know it. Nothing is for granted in this world, healthcare, food, housing, we are all spoiled as f and most people do not realize and just want more.

Did you think about the players that spent 4 years with the game already? What kind of reward is suitable for them? Limited skins maybe?
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Did you think about the players that spent 4 years with the game already? What kind of reward is suitable for them? Limited skins maybe?
    While I do hate special snowflakes demanding everything handled to them, it's the same mentality what you described. What makes you special in the situation, that you played the game a bit earlier then the rest? I'm not talking about pre-order or Beta-testing, I mean after release playing.

People need to stop thinking they are 'owed' anything. People who have been playing since 4 years are playing since they love the game, aren't they? If someone 'needs' rewards to be a regular customer, then yeah, they have some serious problems about their mentality.

After all said... Some exclusive and limited is okay. What Hi-Rez does is bullshit. Like, how many direct purchasable Ares skin we have? One, which is a glorified T2? And how many other? 7? All locked behind ridiculous paywalls?

Low-Rez really need to get their shit together, the whole chest and exclusive thing is getting out of hand.
    What's the matter, afraid of the dark?!

Mind you give me some chips with that ammount of salt you have?
    Mmmmm... So good!

Official Kuzenbo cultist, reptile nerd, snake lady lover.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Achievements:
    now lets calculate how much cupid have direct purchase skins...0? oh xD

p.s. but anyway we still have chance to get smth for free by free gems, free chests, fp quests...so well if we will close one door, hi rez will open another for compensate it, or game will no longer exists i nthe future
    Grömün

STFU , my grammar is perfect

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    While I do hate special snowflakes demanding everything handled to them, it's the same mentality what you described. What makes you special in the situation, that you played the game a bit earlier then the rest? I'm not talking about pre-order or Beta-testing, I mean after release playing.

People need to stop thinking they are 'owed' anything. People who have been playing since 4 years are playing since they love the game, aren't they? If someone 'needs' rewards to be a regular customer, then yeah, they have some serious problems about their mentality.

After all said... Some exclusive and limited is okay. What Hi-Rez does is bullshit. Like, how many direct purchasable Ares skin we have? One, which is a glorified T2? And how many other? 7? All locked behind ridiculous paywalls?

Low-Rez really need to get their shit together, the whole chest and exclusive thing is getting out of hand.
    Then dont buy it!
    Honestly I dont complain how expensive is Ferrari, I just dont buy it.

Skins in Smite arent first-need article and Smite isnt P2W so I dont see literally any problem here, its HR problem that they can or not earn money from this and yes they can cause Smite servers are still online.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Then dont buy it!
    Honestly I dont complain how expensive is Ferrari, I just dont buy it.

Skins in Smite arent first-need article and Smite isnt P2W so I dont see literally any problem here, its HR problem that they can or not earn money from this and yes they can cause Smite servers are still online.
    I'm not buying a single retarded chest. That doesn't mean I can complain as a customer. Right?

Mmmmm... So good!

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm not buying a single retarded chest. That doesn't mean I can complain as a customer. Right?
    You aren't adding anything to the problem. You are saying chest are scams and such, doing nothing to help the problem.

You are throwing water at an electrical fire. Your intentions are true but ultimately it doesn't help.

Ranting about chest isn't going to help anything. Hi-Rez is improving the chest system slightly with the pick 3. Although they did raise the number of things in the chest but you can pick the best skin out of the three.

Its probably a slight improvement overall, but it probably favors Hi-Rez more than us depending on RNG.

But I would rather get 6 good skins before the skin that I want than 4 crap skins before what I want.

Call me gullible or whatever, I like Hi-Rez and will continue to support them and their games until I feel they don't deserve it anymore.
    Smite Name: Jihadned, Steam Name: jjadned. Sponsored by Flextape.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihadned View Post
    You aren't adding anything to the problem. You are saying chest are scams and such, doing nothing to help the problem.

You are throwing water at an electrical fire. Your intentions are true but ultimately it doesn't help.

Ranting about chest isn't going to help anything. Hi-Rez is improving the chest system slightly with the pick 3. Although they did raise the number of things in the chest but you can pick the best skin out of the three.

Its probably a slight improvement overall, but it probably favors Hi-Rez more than us depending on RNG.

But I would rather get 6 good skins before the skin that I want than 4 crap skins before what I want.

Call me gullible or whatever, I like Hi-Rez and will continue to support them and their games until I feel they don't deserve it anymore.

I only buy direct purchasable skins. I'm doing something, but I doubt it will make an impact.

Mmmmm... So good!

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I only buy direct purchasable skins. I'm doing something, but I doubt it will make an impact.
    If you feel it is unfair and you are boycotting the system, say changes that you would like to see to the chest system to make it where you would buy them. "Complaining" about it won't help anything.

I feel like the system could use some improvement.

saying a lot of angry words with no substance won't help. (that is what the rant thread is for)
    Smite Name: Jihadned, Steam Name: jjadned. Sponsored by Flextape.