Thread: Saving Multiple Builds

New Member Cupidhead LatentPotential's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Saving Multiple Builds

Been out for 3 years. Making a return to smite (since Paragon failed me).

I cannot believe you are still unable to save a separate build for each game mode. Why is this? The game already has a "build" saved for Arena and CQ, and only allows you to save one custom one. Come on. I would use the following builds on my tank/bruiser classes: Arena, Joust, CQ and Siege.

Please add this?

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    if you save a custom build, when you go into the store, that build is there.

granted so is the rest of the store, so that if someone counters you a little, you can tweak your build.

your custom build should be showing up in every game mode...not just 2 of them.

this sounds more like a bug and I would recommend sending Hi-Rez a ticket.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Draemich's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i think what OP means is that you should be able to save multiple custom item builds for the same god. it would make sense because alot of gods can be played differently mostly depending on your role and game mode and therefore multiple builds makes sense. for example 3 separate cabrakan builds for jungle, solo and support.

New Member Cupidhead LatentPotential's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemich View Post
    i think what OP means is that you should be able to save multiple custom item builds for the same god. it would make sense because alot of gods can be played differently mostly depending on your role and game mode and therefore multiple builds makes sense. for example 3 separate cabrakan builds for jungle, solo and support.

Exactly this. I main guardian, and they can be played very differently depending on the map/mode/team. etc.

Achievements:
    I know you can have enough items in the custom build thing for 2 different builds.

but while your idea has merit and sounds interesting...it may be undoable due to design limitations.

now I know nothing about Hi-Rez and how they make/tweak stuff in the game. I could very well be wrong.

Honestly I've never had the problem you are talking about, and I'm not sure how many other players have the issue.

If I need to tweak my build, the store is rather easy to navigate, and I will do so while I'm dead, or we are ahead and I can afford to sit in base for 5-10s.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Draemich's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    yea maybe for you the custom item section is enough for 2 builds but for others thats not the case. especially not when you play bruiser or guardian and therefore have alot of items you potentially wanna buy depending on the context of the match. i dont see the issue with hirez allowing you to save say 3 builds per god if you wish to do so. just because you dont have this issue does not mean its the same for everyone else. especially when its an easy thing to implement that will only be positive because if your fine with 1 custom build then no need to use custom build 2 or 3. it does not affect you.

Achievements:
    I get what you are saying, but you have to understand, as I stated this might not even be possible.

Now I am by no means 100% sure about this, I am not a game coder, and know nothing on how Hi-Rez tweaks their game.

The only thing I can think of that might be an alternative, would be for them to add Load Outs into Smite, and I'm not sure how well that would go over with the fan base.

Smite is a unique entity. Making it so you can choose between load outs make it feel more like other games on the market.

Granted this could still be limited to what the custom item builder for Gods currently has, but it would allow you to have multiple builds saved up.