Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking has gotten better?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

Matchmaking has gotten better?

I saw an article stating Hi Rez improved matchmaking with this patch. Has anyone noticed a difference today?

(In Solo Q)

My teamates have been garbage with absolutely terrible builds. (No boots, starting poly Kukulkan, Triple stacking Double stack AMC with no boots, ect.

And still betting matched against premade teams. If not a whole team, two teams of 2 and 3.

What is this?
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I've played 4 matches joust today, and every game my team sucked and we lost. Thing is they weren't low level accounts, just lots of ragers who ruined to game for everyone by spamming 'you rock' and some just seemed to be almost intentionally feeding.

Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I have over 2k hours in the game. Never ever seen so many people not build boots.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    No. It hasn't. Its gotten worse.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    I have over 2k hours in the game. Never ever seen so many people not build boots.
    Boots don't really do much in adventures. Also, if you are building 2 non-boot movement items you don't really need boots. Not that boots are bad when you have other movement items, they just aren't necessary.

I never build boots in adventures myself, at least not anymore. In the last adventures I tried out using 6 tier 3 boots just to see what it was like but the diminishing returns left it very underwhelming. Didn't feel like that much of a boost at all really. You're much better off with a little speed and just using buffs.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Boots don't really do much in adventures. Also, if you are building 2 non-boot movement items you don't really need boots. Not that boots are bad when you have other movement items, they just aren't necessary.

I never build boots in adventures myself, at least not anymore. In the last adventures I tried out using 6 tier 3 boots just to see what it was like but the diminishing returns left it very underwhelming. Didn't feel like that much of a boost at all really. You're much better off with a little speed and just using buffs.
    I'm not talking about Adventures fool. Lol. I don't play that. I'm saying starting with Poly and second item Soul Reaver is not the play. Especially not when the opposing team is a pre made and competent team.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    I'm not talking about Adventures fool. Lol. I don't play that. I'm saying starting with Poly and second item Soul Reaver is not the play. Especially not when the opposing team is a pre made and competent team.
    In that case, for specific characters it is fine to not buy boots as first item. Usually you'll still pick them up 2nd or 3rd even on such characters, however if you are building other movement items such as hastened katana and heart seeker then you really don't need boots.

Poly and then soul reaver is pretty bad, soul reaver early is always bad as your opponents don't even have a lot of HP for its proc yet. I can imagine an Ao Kuang doing that trying to rush his build... Both of those aren't really worth much until at least 3rd item though.

However, building Thoth or warlocks 1st item on a mage/guardian isn't all that bad. Warlocks usually isn't that great as 1st since you'll be lacking in damage for building stacks though, usually best to save it for 3rd or 4th as well.

Sometimes I don't build boots on Ra, typically if I'm being more passive. He gets the same amount of speed as boots from his passive anyway.

If a guardian is building winged blade and rod of asclepious such as Sylvanus or Terra they won't need boots either. They may even choose to get the stupid movement starter item to cover their speed until getting both items online instead of boots, though personally if not building rod 1st I'd probably just go ahead and get boots and sell them for winged blade later on.

Achievements:
    Well yeah, I know its bad. Not buying boots at all and building that order is terrible. That was my point. And he was Russian. I can confirm that. How am I getting matched with a Russian player in my server?
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Build doesnt matter in casual game cause it can be mode for testing new things. Ppl dont try hard in this, so its normal.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Build doesnt matter in casual game cause it can be mode for testing new things. Ppl dont try hard in this, so its normal.
    [Mod Removed[

builds do matter in casual, especially if you dont play the toxicity that is ranked.
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 12-07-2017 at 06:05 AM.