Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Remove Fenrir's New Ult Cone Targeter!!

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

Remove Fenrir's New Ult Cone Targeter!!

This new template was added, supposedly, to make it easier for players to grab people, but it's not just unnecessary but worse... Much worse. I don't know about you people but I never had any trouble to grab people with Fen's ult. Well, now I have. And I think mine is not the only case because I've seen friends, other players and youtubers complain about it.

Before they could juke your bite, but it was part of it. I particularly enjoyed of it, but it was easy to see your target and recognize when you could grab it. Now it's not. That damned cone make it harder to see them and it's not working properly. It doesn't even forfeit its mission that is to clearly specify when you can ult somebody, but it just shows when someone is at range, not even perfectly positioned to get bit.

Please, leave the ult like it was before. It was an unnecessary addition.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,059
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Tbh the cone made my life harder for the Odyssey quests.

If two people are in my cone I have no clue which one I'd grab. Before the cone I'm guessing I could have specifically aimed better for the right person.
    How Much I Love Scylla: 9,789
    Level: 117/160
    IGN: Eirá

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    The cone was absolutely needed. It was rather ambiguous before whether someone as in range or not because the animation contradicted the hitbox. The targeter should be updated to highlight whoever you'd grab, but that's it.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Nobody was complaining about it so it was unneeded.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Tbh the cone made my life harder for the Odyssey quests.

If two people are in my cone I have no clue which one I'd grab. Before the cone I'm guessing I could have specifically aimed better for the right person.
    Yeah, having no targeter made no difficulty to grab people. I had no trouble until now...
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    The cone was absolutely needed. It was rather ambiguous before whether someone as in range or not because the animation contradicted the hitbox. The targeter should be updated to highlight whoever you'd grab, but that's it.
    Dude you could find the template better but from I've found from my research and as you can see here, most of the people dislike it and think it make it worse. This was an unneeded change and, like another user have said, nobody asked for it.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Because players didn't care about it doesn't mean it was fine. I didn't care about it too much until they changed it, but I can remember many times when I thought I grabbed someone, and I tried again and again, and no, I did not grab anyone because, like Kek said, the animation contradicted the hitbox. As much as you hate it now, some kind of fix was needed. Personally, I like it.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by NervousCrysis View Post
    Dude you could find the template better but from I've found from my research and as you can see here, most of the people dislike it and think it make it worse. This was an unneeded change and, like another user have said, nobody asked for it.
    Just because nobody was asking for it doesn't mean it wasn't needed. I can promise you that it was throwing people off. I'm one of them, and I've found other like-minded individuals. The change has helped me quite a bit. So, no, it's not an unnecessary change, and having more details shouldn't throw you off. That makes no sense. It just means you don't spam the grab until you hit paydirt, you wait for someone to be in range.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,059
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Tbh cone is a good idea, just make it absolutely clear which god will be picked up if multiple are in the hitbox.
    How Much I Love Scylla: 9,789
    Level: 117/160
    IGN: Eirá

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    In a point in time like this words often get thrown off of there real definition. need- require (something) because it is essential or very important.
    Fenrir's ultimate before wasn't even a topic, at all. before nobody complained about it. So it wasn't needed. his ultimate changing was not essential or very important.

So no it was a unneeded change. Just because it helped does not mean it was needed.

This is my home