Thread: Why does this matchmaking happen?

New Member Cupidhead ProllyXing's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Why does this matchmaking happen?

https://gyazo.com/a267e343d0dbc18017fe579662968b6b

How is that even remotely fair? Elo is drastically different, one team has 0 parties, and the highest leveled person on one team is the lowest on the other. The sub Lv. 60s aren't even in the same ELO bracket.

I understand maybe at 150 acct level 4k ELO matchmaking may be limited, but pulling lvl 15s? HiRez Pls

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead articlink's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    damn they fluffed that team. it isn't like they could have equaled that out by separating the two high ranked teams on one side oh w8 that totally would have been a easy fix

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Because matchmaking is garbage. You HAVE to que with friends or you get ganked and unloaded on every game.
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The matchmaking is a real garbage. I almost only play with friends. We are around level 100/125 (I'm currently 113) and together we are unstoppable but when I am alone, lord help me, I'm with people under 100, and sometimes even under lvl 50. And when I look at their ELO I just wanna cry.

New Member Cupidhead SmiteAddict's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    I dont have any friends that play Smite lol, no big deal to me. I play with randoms all the time and Ive notice how terrible the matchmaking can be. Its like a 50/50 chance of getting a decent game. You can either just deal with it or meet new people and team up
    Level~ 27Nub
    GT~XXMIINIIXX
    ~Current Favs~
    Bellona #1
    Nu Wa #2
    Terra #3

I love Chicken Wangs

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 671
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I've been wondering the same thing...

For a few months now, match making is god awful. I've been playing since Season 1, and match making always had its up and downs. Worst periods been where half the games where total garbage. But for the past few months, 9 out of 10 games are absolutely trash. 5 minutes in and you know what's gonna happen.

And I'm not alone. I used to play with 5-10 friends (most of them play as long as I do) on a steady basis, usually between 5 and 20 games played per day. The last few weeks I'm either solo queueing or in a 2-3 man party cause they don't even bother to login for daily rewards anymore. And if we play, nowadays we usually just go /quit after 1 or 2 games.

If nothing changes I am just done with this game, thousands of hours, hundreds of euro's.... Such a shame. Hi Rez doesn't seem to give a rats ass as they havent bothered fixing match making for several seasons now. They don't seem to even try to match you up with people of similar experience. There's hundreds of ELO difference between me and my teammates and the enemy, there's dozens or even more than a 100 level difference between me and my teammates.

I'm not that good of a player, but when I start carrying most matches.... something is wrong.

And the toxicity level has been steadily growing in Smite ever since it launched on Steam.

I think expanding goodwill will do a great deal, if I stop getting queue'd up with toxic assholes I'm certain it will solve a lot of issues. I am sick and tired of everyone being more busy with VELspam rather than fucking playing this game. Every kill people make has to be VELspammed, every action done has to be VELspammed.... Unless you're Rama, stfu. I know there's mute, but it's goddamn ridiculous you have to mute the enemy team each and every game just to have a decent-ish experience. Doesnt help that every end game lobby consists of the same typical "I'm much better than you are" trash talk. What is wrong with having some sportsmanship? Why is being sportsmanlike not being rewarded? The game rewards you for being a total jerk though.

Not only that, but Hi Rez is not putting any focus on the teamwork side of this game. With the patch chances this season supporting this. Smite is barely about teamwork anymore, it's rather 5 solo laners doing whatever they please as the only thing that matters is having top kills and top damage. Supported by Discordia's wonderful passive, where the "best player on your team" is the one doing the most damage.

Maybe put more emphasis on teamwork oriented actions, supports saving their teammates, healers healing them, junglers ganking lanes , mid or solo laners rotating... (come on, it's not that much of a challenge to code)... There's so incredibly much stats and events they can use to "determine the best player". But nah, damage is all that matters. Which only promotes selfish play, in a teamworkbased game... something doesn't add up.

But more importantly, why on gods green earth am I constantly being matched up with people either miles below my level, or miles above (the better players and teams with teamwork are usually in the enemy team, If I happen to get 1 good teammate, it has to be compensated by 3 people who haven't got a clue (huh buffs what are tthose? jungle camps? no need, laning? rotating? why fucking bother, wards? never heard of them).

Can I expect to be matched up with people that at least know the basic conquest drill?

Queueing with friends doesn't help very much, unless you're with 4 or 5 full premades, as your party of 2 or 3 will be canceled out by matchmaking's wonderful system "Your ELO is 2000, enemy team has one with ELO of 1800, to compensate your teammate their ELO will be negative 300".

I think it's partially caused since Hi Rez thinks matchmaking should focus a 50% win rate. Which is the most ridiculous and most basic form there is. Which is fueled by the fact that Hi Rez does fuck all to keep games entertaining. Being a toxic asshole goes unpunished. Being racist is okay as there is no penalty to it (the dude I reported last week is still playing), or flaming your mom, family and your dog is all perfectly fine. So is feeding on purpose (going 0-20 in the first 5 minutes with a chat that supports the guy was feeding, he never got any actions taken on him except the loss of goodwill... oh no!?!?!). Ragequitting multiple games is perfectly fine... And worst is, I get if Hi Rez is more lenient to the casual game modes. But people absolutely ruining goddamn ranked games don't even receive any negative actions from Smite or Hi Rez, besides possibly losing their goodwill if they reported often enough (automated system).

Oh and reporting does nothing but remove people's Goodwill. It...does...nothing. I've been observing this dull system ever since it was implemented. And it really does nothing but remove goodwill, give it a go. If 9 people report 1 toxic jerk, chances are you get the notification while still in lobby, just so you can meet up with the jerk in the next game unless you don't queue for 5+ minutes. And considering the toxicity level has been rising (helped by Hi Rez by implemented the most toxic as shit emotes you can think off, what the hell is wrong with Hi Rez? Is the team made up by 14 year olds?) wont be long or Smite will be as toxic as the rest. No more GL&HF by all your teammates at the start of the game. But rather the same shit you see in the typical MOBA's, people just constantly bitching and flaming at one another.

It is a vicious cycle into the pits of hell. People keep playing bad games, they get annoyed and pass that annoyance on towards their teammates, just to increase the chance of losing more... so people get more upset, lose more games, get more upset...etc.etc.

But I guess Hi Rez is way to busy with their side projects rather than Smite.
    Last edited by Nardman; 01-02-2018 at 07:42 PM.