Thread: In Dire Need of Discordia Tips

Member Worshipper CallousSapphire's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

In Dire Need of Discordia Tips

Hey all,

I asked for some tips in the "Wtf Discordia" thread, but I'd rather make a new thread. As it stands, the tips I got have helped a lot. I'm usually in the top 2 damage dealt on my team. As per a Reddit post, I go 4-1-3-2, but, honestly, I barely ever hit her ult at all. I abuse her 3 as much as I can if I'm able to, but I find myself missing my 2 A LOT. It might be because of ping or because I'm using it at max range, I have no idea.

My build is: Pen boots, Chronos, Spear, Ob. Shard, Tahuti, E. Staff. What would be some good defence items on her for when they have a Loki or when you're getting focused hard? I feel like if I get touched I'm dead. I've been mostly playing her in Arena, Clash and Siege. I feel like I could do SO much better with her, but I feel like her squishiness and her inability to move are holding me back sometimes. If anyone could help, that'd be great. I'd love to get some more tips if anyone has them!
    Somehow I'm now a Discordia main, even though I'm terrible at her..

Forever stuck playing Support because I'm awful at every other role...

Clash/Arena/Siege player. PSN: CallousSapphire.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,499
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    If you ask me her combo is 2+4+1+3. Your 2 is your CC, used to confirm both your 1 and ult. The ult is rather lengthy to hit, as the best time isn't during a 1v1; it's when a teamfight is happening. You want as much chaos to be happening so you can throw your ult and have it spread to multiple people with their inability to resist or react fast.

You should never always abuse the 3 especially early on because it is also your escape/juke ability. Be sure that there's no one who can intercept you, and if you're going in for the kill on a single person then you can leap to them and 2+1 them in the face, using 4 for good measure.

Your build is fine, but there's really no point in getting Spear along with Shard; just get Desolation instead of Spear. I don't really like going defense items on mages unless they have no way of escape, so I usually combine two health items like Ethereal+Book of Dicks.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Member Worshipper CallousSapphire's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    If you ask me her combo is 2+4+1+3. Your 2 is your CC, used to confirm both your 1 and ult. The ult is rather lengthy to hit, as the best time isn't during a 1v1; it's when a teamfight is happening. You want as much chaos to be happening so you can throw your ult and have it spread to multiple people with their inability to resist or react fast.

You should never always abuse the 3 especially early on because it is also your escape/juke ability. Be sure that there's no one who can intercept you, and if you're going in for the kill on a single person then you can leap to them and 2+1 them in the face, using 4 for good measure.

Your build is fine, but there's really no point in getting Spear along with Shard; just get Desolation instead of Spear. I don't really like going defense items on mages unless they have no way of escape, so I usually combine two health items like Ethereal+Book of Dicks.
    I actually did mean Desolation and not Spear of Magus, that's my bad.

What would I replace to make room for Book of the Dead? I've never actually used that item before. But I'll try using your build order and see what it does for me. I am super eager to play more Discordia since they killed my Terra. I'm just struggling with her survivability and hitting her combo. I had her 2 on instacast, but I feel like it'd be better on quick cast.
    Somehow I'm now a Discordia main, even though I'm terrible at her..

Forever stuck playing Support because I'm awful at every other role...

Clash/Arena/Siege player. PSN: CallousSapphire.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Pen boots, Chronos, Spear, Ob. Shard, Tahuti, E. Staff
    Ethereal staff is bad for mages, you dont need 5% max HP damage when you deal 800. Soul Reaver and Staff are mainly for bruisers who have low scaling.

I would recommended you Warlock but you playing only Casuals so Book of Thoth is better since you dont need stacking that badly to get full potential of it.

Breastplate of Valor instead Chronos is also good trade.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,850
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    I max her abilities in order 1>2>4>3 as for my build its

Book of Thoth
    Pene Boots
    Chronos Pendant
    Obsidian Shard
    Poly
    Tahuti

Its just full yolo dmg cuz i really prefer her just to play full yolo dmg and from 19 games i have been in like 15 games top dmg by far also if physical gods are a problem for you then id say go BoV/Discord with Warlock and E-staff wich helps alot

Also moved to Strategy & Gameplay
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 12-05-2017 at 06:49 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Member Worshipper LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Just keep in mind, while you have a solid build right now and the health from Estaff is a good start, the only way to mount a good defense is if you have BOTH protections and health. Having just protections doesn't do much for you, and having just health (against most mages and assassins anyways) barely does anything to deter them, just gives you an extra second or two to react.

If you want to end up tanky while still doing damage, find a way to stack warlocks and buy a Mantle of Discord. In arena/assault, you have to rely on your team more then your items so just go full damage there. In conquest, Warlocks should be enough of a defense in 90% of situations. While I prefer to stack Thoth on nearly every single mage with a few exceptions, Warlocks has its time and place, and that is if you are ahead and ONLY then since it takes a really long ass time to stack and to get the power curve out of it.