Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Improving Builds

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Improving Builds

In the few months I have played, I have learned to improve builds in certain ways that improve my performance.

Since Assassin has been the hardest class for me to do well with, I figure I will start with that one.
    Best I have gone is even KD with Fenrir using the following items in order.
    Breastplate of Valor
    lifesteal item (Asi or Devourer's Gauntlet)
    Warrior Tabi
    Heartseeker
    Executioner
    Titan's Bane

If the opposing team has more Magical users, Breastplate gets replaced though it would be nice to fit one item for each protection.

I am also thinking of ditching Titan's Bane since it gets built last and (along with Obsidian Shard) does not have its Pen show up in the Item Builder, a problem I did report to Hi-Rez.

Unlike some other classes, building a Starter item is not helpful either.

I know common practice is building Boots first or second but that never seems to work for me on Assassins, seems one good Protection and one Lifesteal have to come first,

The Consumables and Relics are not always built, I will click one once in a match then use the right side to choose one not shown that fits based on enemy team at times.

Below are the images of how I set up Fenrir's Item Builder. Ignore what is in the bottom left corner, I forgot why those 3 items are there but that is not how I build him.

Let the criticisms commence if you wish.

Thanks.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Exe+Titan's is generally a poor choice because Titan's only gives under 20% pen after Exe is factored in, so unless your target has upwards of 100 prots, it's not worth it. Also, Fenrir is mostly ability-based until late-game, as are many other assassins, so build him for power first, then an AS item or two late. Instead of (or perhaps in addition to, if need be) BoV, consider Discord, Urchin, or Spirit Robe, as magical gods can instakill you if you get no magical prots.

Starters are always helpful. Since you're probably gonna be jungling, you wanna start with BS and Bumba's. Trust me, it's a huge difference.

What specific assassins do you play? Individual gods are easier to give advice for rather than general playstyles.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Like Kek said, Fenrir is ability-based and really strong in early game, so you might want to more damage and cooldown reduction during early game, that with some attack speed items is fine. And unless you plan to build two defensive items, one for magical and another for physicals, it's better picking an item that gives you both, like Discord or Spirit Robe, and if you buy it early, Urchin.

My build usually is:
    Bumba's mask + Bluestone pendant
    Warrior Tabi
    Jotunn's Wrath
    Hide of the Urchin
    Asi
    Hastened Katana
    Masamune

Sometimes I change the order depending on how the match is going.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,466
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I have no idea why you're going a lifesteal item on Fenrir. He gets a whopping 35% of it at all ranks of his 2, 10-15% more than all lifesteal items in the game. He's pretty set on sustain in and out of teamfights if allowed to roam and farm. Assassins usually do not need lifesteal at all.

Exe+Titan's isn't a good choice unless you have two or three people on the enemy team going full tank. Their pen doesn't show in the god builder because it isn't pen that's given to you like flat pen; it works like a Debuff in that it ignores 30% or 33% of an enemy's phys or mag protections.

Starter items are helpful on EVERY class, assassins included. They need Bumba's to jungle extensively and can also get another item like Bluestone for early kill potential, DT for sustain (which is pointless), or simply go t2 boots for a quicker power spike.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    keep in mind exec only gives full benefit after hitting someone 3 times. Titans is needed on fenrir, exec only for some special games.

As for def items, shoguns is good, gives cdr and nice AS that works well with his 2.

Other then that fenrir is really flexible and how to build him depends somewhat on what kind of game it is. In some games you will have time to get some autos off, you can even build crit for that but in some games landing autos in enemies will rarely happen and just go full cdr with pen and some def and 1 ms item works better.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Breastplate of Valor
    lifesteal item (Asi or Devourer's Gauntlet)
    Warrior Tabi
    Heartseeker
    Executioner
    Titan's Bane
    1) Assassins doesnt need lifesteal, especially Fenrir
    2) Exe and Titans Bane in one build is never an good idea

I build him this way:

-Warriors Tabi
    -Jotuns
    -Transcendence
    -Titans Bane
    -Breastplate
    -Urchin

220 power without buff
    max CDR
    very high physical defence
    some magical defence
    infinite MP
    some HP

Sometimes I change Urchin for Discord cause it was heavily nerfed and Breastplate for Spirit Robe, but problem with this is that you lost 550 MP which is converted to 16,5 power thanks to Trans.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    What specific assassins do you play? Individual gods are easier to give advice for rather than general playstyles.
    I only own 3 right now and have been avoiding the class for a bit until recently.

I am working on getting good with 1 Assassin for now so I will have at least 1 God per class from my small group, I have 2 each in the other classes I can do well with.

I started this topic the way I did so I could discuss one God at a time and focus on improvement then move on to the next one, right now it is Fenrir.

I also do not get to play Assassin or certain other classes (Mage, Hunter) often because they are so frequently chosen by other players in the modes I typically do (Arena, Clash, Joust). I usually wind up going Warrior or Guardian.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    brawler fenrir is still my fav
    warrior
    jotunns
    bulwark
    mantle
    TB

random item usually for hp like mail of renewal, thebes, or sheld of regrowth.

I've been liking relic dagger cuz it benefits the must have relic of blink, and the short CD of the ulty. if your good can switch out bulwark for regrowth cuz late game u can basically gaurentee sumone dies with a max rune blink ragnarok. I just like bulwark with mantle cuz of the hit 30% stun, cc immune and shield proc together, and u should never die then lol.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    errrr mail of renewal not regrowth derp

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    I build him something like

Tabi
    Urchin
    Ancile or MM
    Bane
    Ancile or MM
    Situational
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*