Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [SPOILS] 4.23 PTS Datamining: Lower Back Pain Edition

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    What exactly did I say that was away from the point? And again him looking hideous was the point. And is what many is trying to say to you.
    You missed the part about him only being hideous because of poor model quality, not by design.

Quote Originally Posted by S1itz View Post
    Exactly, he looked unique. Now they made him look like 60 other "realistic" looking gods, aka boring.
    If by "boring," you mean "actually decent," and by "unique," you mean "terrible and creepy," then yeah.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    You missed the part about him only being hideous because of poor model quality, not by design.

If by "boring," you mean "actually decent," and by "unique," you mean "terrible and creepy," then yeah.
    That is what I responded to. Bachus was meant to look cartoonish. It was what made him unqiue. Now with the changes that made him look more realistic he loss a ton of weight. And it all took the spirit away from the god. That is what we are all trying to explain to you.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I'm curious if Nidhogg will actually be a new god. Also, I've heard that Nidhogg is sometimes described as a snake, so maybe the 'test snake' is somehow linked to Nidhogg?

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    That is what I responded to. Bachus was meant to look cartoonish. It was what made him unqiue.
    "Cartoonish" clashes with the game's art style. That's not a good thing.

Now with the changes that made him look more realistic he loss a ton of weight. And it all took the spirit away from the god.
    Except it didn't because, as I've already explained, the key visual elements are all still there. He's lost a little weight, but he's still fat and he was already pretty brawny. His model is just actually decent now.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Swoonis's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    New Bacchus is just too pretty for my liking. Yes, he's supposed to be the epitome of youth and beauty in the mythology (like nearly every greco-roman god/goddess was), but the original smite design was a classic. I liked the drunk uncle look.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoonis View Post
    New Bacchus is just too pretty for my liking. Yes, he's supposed to be the epitome of youth and beauty in the mythology (like nearly every greco-roman god/goddess was), but the original smite design was a classic. I liked the drunk uncle look.
    He still maintains the "drunkle" aesthetic.

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Not sure what game you playing, but SMITE art style is cartoonish. From characters to map design, everything is cartoonish.
    Except it didn't because, as I've already explained, the key visual elements are all still there.
    As I've already explained, they aren't. They are different characters with the only common thing being color pattern of their clothes.

Achievements:

Except it didn't because, as I've already explained, the key visual elements are all still there. He's lost a little weight, but he's still fat and he was already pretty brawny. His model is just actually decent now.
    Uhh im not sure of your playing smite but smite is cartoonish. Bachus isnt morbidly obese now. Before he had 0 muscle mass. Now he looks like a very strong man who has a beer belly. And they gave him a more serious look. That in it self took away the despicable nature away from bachus.

Again we are not arguing with you that he doesnt look drunk anymore he clearly does. Were telling you the changes done to him took away the nature of bachus. What is still there isnt what is being questioned.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by S1itz View Post
    Not sure what game you playing, but SMITE art style is cartoonish. From characters to map design, everything is cartoonish.
    Including the semi-realistic character models which comprise almost the entire god roster and nearly every NPC design?

As I've already explained, they aren't. They are different characters with the only common thing being color pattern of their clothes.
    I've already gone into detail about just how many details were translated into the remodel, and quite a few were.

Uhh im not sure of your playing smite but smite is cartoonish. Bachus isnt morbidly obese now. Before he had 0 muscle mass. Now he looks like a very strong man who has a beer belly. And they gave him a more serious look. That in it self took away the despicable nature away from bachus.
    Actually go back and look at old Bacchus's limbs. He was both fat and muscular, though the poor texture and model quality left a little ambiguity. Bacchus does not actually look more "serious" now, and this is evident if you actually look at his animations. He wears a stupid, tipsy grin, and he's struggling to stand up.

Again we are not arguing with you that he doesnt look drunk anymore he clearly does. Were telling you the changes done to him took away the nature of bachus. What is still there isnt what is being questioned.
    Well, you're still wrong, because everything that was objectively good about old Bacchus is still there. The remodel is an improvement. He looks like an actual human being now. Everything that needed to change was changed. Beyond that, only minor details like the position of the grapevine on his arms were altered. His gold card says it all.

Last edited by SirKeksalot; 12-06-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Including the semi-realistic character models which comprise almost the entire god roster and nearly every NPC design?

I've already gone into detail about just how many details were translated into the remodel, and quite a few were.

Actually go back and look at old Bacchus's limbs. He was both fat and muscular, though the poor texture and model quality left a little ambiguity. Bacchus does not actually look more "serious" now, and this is evident if you actually look at his animations. He wears a stupid, tipsy grin, and he's struggling to stand up.

Well, you're still wrong, because everything that was objectively good about old Bacchus is still there. The remodel is an improvement. He looks like an actual human being now. Everything that needed to change was changed. Beyond that, only minor details like the position of the grapevine on his arms were altered. His gold card says it all.

Everything that is being debated about is what was changed. Not what wasnt which is what you keep comenting on like him being drunk. What was changed took away his cartoonish look. Which is supported by smite. Hades is a prime example.

And last bachus model was not muscular he was morbidly obese. His beard was changed his head was changed his legs were changed his figure as a whole was changed. What is still there wasnt changed.
    Last edited by Zellun; 12-06-2017 at 11:55 AM.