Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Hi-Rez please take some consideration in banning the following gods in omnipotence

  1. #1
    New Member Cupidhead Dolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5
    4
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0

    Hi-Rez please take some consideration in banning the following gods in omnipotence

    I'm begging you, please hear me out:

    please ban the following in omnipotence:

    Loki

    Thanatos

    Odin

    Nu Wa

    Please take into consideration that these gods in the MOTD Omnipotence are dominating every other comp that comes to play in SMITE, Now I know you are gonna be like "but i won against that before," COOL BEANS BUT this is the most cancerous thing i've seen. I know i'm sounding biased and I just suck, but this is the worst. please anyone agree

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Somewhere lost in Time
    Posts
    18,117
    32
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    50
    Funny how you didnt mention chang'e
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

  3. #3
    Senior Member Honoured Zellun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    859
    2
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Change is like the worst you could possibly play against in omnipotence and Loki is easy asf. Just get a god like artio and spam her AOE stun.

  4. #4
    New Member Cupidhead Dolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5
    4
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    but I want to play gods that are fun not to be forced to play gods that counter, i want to enjoy this game and i want to pick any god that has potentional to win and that's not what hirez sees

  5. #5
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    12,326
    28
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    19
    MotD exists to be broken. If it were balanced, that'd take the fun out of it. Really, the only sensible change they could make to it is making it random pick.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.



    Please support my friend business plea and THANK

    Muh Concepts

  6. #6
    Senior Member Honoured
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    829
    4
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolm View Post
    but I want to play gods that are fun not to be forced to play gods that counter, i want to enjoy this game and i want to pick any god that has potentional to win and that's not what hirez sees
    And what about the people who think playing Loki is fun? You are literally saying they should be forced to play a different god. Besides, it is a blind pick mode. You literally don't pick to counter.

    You mention Odin because of his cage. Super annoying, blocks healing, but half the roster ignores it due to constant jumping and whatnot. Sucks if you aren't in that half, but still. Besides it is in a conquest map, there is a chance the rest of your teak handles him with you hardly even seeing the guy.

    Nu Wa because of her ult? It is pretty steady consistent damage if she spams properly, plenty of soldiers for tower pushing as well. She does well, so do many other gods.

    Loki always has his combo, not to mention decent minion wave control. As long as you have a bit of defense he can't burst you though and some ensure he can't get away as well(such as your previously mentioned Odin)

    I'm not sure why you even mentioned Thanatos. I mean he isn't any better than Kali... I suppose he has a silence, but Kali has a quick stun. And often has unkillable status.

    Chang'e is one of my favorites and she beats the majority of your list.

    Sol also beats the majority of your list.

    Aphrodite is the biggest pain to deal with in that mode, outside of trapping her in an Odin cage their is almost nothing you can do to her. And she gives that same survivability to one of her team mates.

    Depending on your opponents, bastet can be just as bad as Nu Wa. They have different weaknesses and strengths, but both have plenty in the summoned minion department for taking down structures. Bastet has a ton more mobility though, receiving a large boost during her leap back duration.

    If your thanatos was only on the list for executions, Ao Kuang does it better.

    He Bo is lacking in survivability but packs even more punch than he usually does. Water cannons every .6 seconds instead of every 2 seconds, yeah that is like a basic attack speed. I know chang'e is worse with the range of her attacks, but his does hit harder and he's got the other moves to back it up.

    Even just Kukulkan, ulting every other minion wave and having 2 tornadoes out at a time for superior zoning. Play him well and it'll usually take at least 2 enemies to take him down with all his zoning tools and he pushes lanes exceptionally. Just needs a bit more warding than others.

  7. #7
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Somewhere in the deep blue sea
    Posts
    3,444
    12
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,033
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    There's Draft Omni for a reason.

    All we need is for it to actually come back, that's all.
    How Much I Love Scylla: 9,789
    Status: Snow Bae Scylla <3
    Level: 117/160
    IGN: Eirá

    "For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

  8. #8
    New Member Cupidhead Dolm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5
    4
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    And what about the people who think playing Loki is fun? You are literally saying they should be forced to play a different god. Besides, it is a blind pick mode. You literally don't pick to counter.

    You mention Odin because of his cage. Super annoying, blocks healing, but half the roster ignores it due to constant jumping and whatnot. Sucks if you aren't in that half, but still. Besides it is in a conquest map, there is a chance the rest of your teak handles him with you hardly even seeing the guy.

    Nu Wa because of her ult? It is pretty steady consistent damage if she spams properly, plenty of soldiers for tower pushing as well. She does well, so do many other gods.

    Loki always has his combo, not to mention decent minion wave control. As long as you have a bit of defense he can't burst you though and some ensure he can't get away as well(such as your previously mentioned Odin)

    I'm not sure why you even mentioned Thanatos. I mean he isn't any better than Kali... I suppose he has a silence, but Kali has a quick stun. And often has unkillable status.

    Chang'e is one of my favorites and she beats the majority of your list.

    Sol also beats the majority of your list.

    Aphrodite is the biggest pain to deal with in that mode, outside of trapping her in an Odin cage their is almost nothing you can do to her. And she gives that same survivability to one of her team mates.

    Depending on your opponents, bastet can be just as bad as Nu Wa. They have different weaknesses and strengths, but both have plenty in the summoned minion department for taking down structures. Bastet has a ton more mobility though, receiving a large boost during her leap back duration.

    If your thanatos was only on the list for executions, Ao Kuang does it better.

    He Bo is lacking in survivability but packs even more punch than he usually does. Water cannons every .6 seconds instead of every 2 seconds, yeah that is like a basic attack speed. I know chang'e is worse with the range of her attacks, but his does hit harder and he's got the other moves to back it up.

    Even just Kukulkan, ulting every other minion wave and having 2 tornadoes out at a time for superior zoning. Play him well and it'll usually take at least 2 enemies to take him down with all his zoning tools and he pushes lanes exceptionally. Just needs a bit more warding than others.
    you're very wrong, loki has infinite stealth and one shots against people with protection, nu wa can push towers withouth minions and deal 600 damage late game every 15 seconds to 5 gods, thanatos can one shot ever ult and execute and throw his scythe to heal to full every 3 seconds, odin has in finite absorb and infinite damage, his cage with everyone i said is an instant kill, sol isn't op, she gets killed by the other gods i said no matter what and change should be banned which i agree sorry forgot that one, and bastet is balance as is

  9. #9
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    12,326
    28
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolm View Post
    you're very wrong, loki has infinite stealth and one shots against people with protection, nu wa can push towers withouth minions and deal 600 damage late game every 15 seconds to 5 gods, thanatos can one shot ever ult and execute and throw his scythe to heal to full every 3 seconds, odin has in finite absorb and infinite damage, his cage with everyone i said is an instant kill, sol isn't op, she gets killed by the other gods i said no matter what and change should be banned which i agree sorry forgot that one, and bastet is balance as is
    Loki doesn't one-shot you if you get defense. The math has been done on this. Nuwa needs her minions to split-push. Odin doesn't get infinite damage to any greater extent than the other gods, and he's easy as fuck to juke out. Omnipotence can't be balanced. It shouldn't be tailored to your salt.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.



    Please support my friend business plea and THANK

    Muh Concepts

  10. #10
    Senior Member Honoured
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    829
    4
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolm View Post
    you're very wrong, loki has infinite stealth and one shots against people with protection, nu wa can push towers withouth minions and deal 600 damage late game every 15 seconds to 5 gods, thanatos can one shot ever ult and execute and throw his scythe to heal to full every 3 seconds, odin has in finite absorb and infinite damage, his cage with everyone i said is an instant kill, sol isn't op, she gets killed by the other gods i said no matter what and change should be banned which i agree sorry forgot that one, and bastet is balance as is
    Loki's stealth isn't the issue, if he initiates with his ult than Odin's cage locks him in and a Zues ult or Poseidon ult or honestly a whole ton of mage aoe attacks hit the entire area. He doesn't one shot anybody who has defense, for the most part he just runs around picking off squishy stragglers. If he's good, he'll pick off squishies regardless of whether they are stragglers or not.

    Nu wa is good, never said she wasn't, but so are many other gods. Bastet also takes out towers without minions. Even bakasura can do that. They are all actually a lot worse at it than they used to be since their summoned minions won't reduce the towers bonus defenses anymore. Regardless, there is nothing wrong here. And while her ult gives her team some consistent damage, it is nothing every other god in the game can't handle.

    Thanatos has never one shot me with his ult. If you are talking about executing someone, they were already over half dead so I don't know how you could possibly consider that a one shot. His ult stuns if it doesn't execute, but I've NEVER seen it instantly kill someone. As I said before, in terms of executing people Ao Kuang does it better. In terms of running up to people and quickly bursting them down, Kali does it better. She also gets large heals for killing people too.

    Odin's cage doesn't even do damage, it definitely doesn't one shot people. Like seriously man what are you even talking about here. Over half the roster jump/teleport/dash or simply walk through his cage(Sol/Osiris). He doesn't have infinite damage, his damage is actually on the low end compared to others in Omnipotence and considering it is possible to kill him he obviously doesn't have infinite absorb. His ravens do give him some great defense, but it isn't anywhere near infinite.

    Sol isn't OP but she does have great damage, survivability, and self sustain. Have a good Sol player in Omnipotence and good luck stopping her. She also happens to be one of the better tower shredding gods despite being a magic damage character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •