Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How is this the only game ever that supports and advances LEECHERS!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

How is this the only game ever that supports and advances LEECHERS!

I've been gaming for decades, probably longer than most of you have been alive. One thing has always been an issue in gaming. LEECHERS..

In every game I've ever played people have found a way to do minimal game play and leech a win or a "level up". In every game for decades they have been called out and banned.

Yet in this game it's almost PROMOTED. Someone can sit idle in the back of the fight, throw a skill and run away while their teammates pushing die. This game levels people that are "IN THE AREA" of damage instead of leveling based on damage or mitigation or crowd control.

I've been in Joust and since someone was idle at spawn and I was holding tower, they came out higher level since they had not died since they were idle, not in the fight at all, but had not died.

There has to be a fix for this. It's ignorance.

I've already tested this out and it's boring AF. I can sit idle in the back of a team and KS minions/gods and level way past my team. The sad part is in this game, they glorify you for it. They push, do most of the damage, I do last 10% of the damage and they glorify me. It's PATHETIC.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    just dock them DKP

Junior Member Cupidhead mastka123's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    What do you mean "promoted"?

If they never help out in fights and your team ends up losing, then its not promoted because they dont get anything out of it since you lose as a team.

As for sitting idle in spawn thats a whole different issue. Thats just AFKing or trolling

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    So you are telling me you want me a paper thin mage to go in the front lines and face tank like a guardian. I have several quations

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 414
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I agree. So many cowards in this game. It's frustrating when you want to start an attack but half your team starts running to their base as soons as they take any damage. I understand it works for Arena but it shouldn't be the case for any mode that where your lane pushing. Sometimes I feel I don't understand leveling at all. I've been in matches where we have 10 kills and they have only 2 or none in a match and yet the other team is same level as us and I've been on the other end where my team only has 2 or none kills and the other team is at 10 and they are 1 or 2 levels higher in which then the snowballing starts against us.

Personally i feel assists should count only if you contributed damage or cc to the dying player and experience should be the same. Like every competitive game that does this. (not sure about the other mobas. Mosty referring to games like COD and BF that have assist as a stat most all shooters)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 414
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by mastka123 View Post
    What do you mean "promoted"?

If they never help out in fights and your team ends up losing, then its not promoted because they dont get anything out of it since you lose as a team.

As for sitting idle in spawn thats a whole different issue. Thats just AFKing or trolling
    You started your sentence with an if then statement so you made it situational. The OP is right. You can just sit back, throw out a few attacks and run to base if the enemy targets you but as long as your alive your still getting XP that contributes towards leveling. In other words, better to stay alive at all cost, then risk attacking and dying and stopping the xp bar from filling up. It's because of this that it's promoted.
    The losing only happens when you have a mismatch of player's playstyle. In the OP's case, he likes to get into the fight while the other half of his team only wants to stay alive.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Er...what? How does this game promote KS'ing or not participating in teamfights?
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead mastka123's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by the_M3xicn View Post
    You started your sentence with an if then statement so you made it situational. The OP is right. You can just sit back, throw out a few attacks and run to base if the enemy targets you but as long as your alive your still getting XP that contributes towards leveling. In other words, better to stay alive at all cost, then risk attacking and dying and stopping the xp bar from filling up. It's because of this that it's promoted.
    The losing only happens when you have a mismatch of player's playstyle. In the OP's case, he likes to get into the fight while the other half of his team only wants to stay alive.
    So thats a problem of miscommunication between teammates not with the game "promoting" going "idle in spawn" like OP suggested.

As for your previous post: this isnt a Team Deathmatch shooter, its a MOBA. Its about farming lanes, NOT getting the most kills, so the game rewards you for doing exactly that by giving more exp for efficiently farming( which includes getting kills when you can but also playing safe and last hitting minions and camps)

But at the end of the day, what OP said is flat out wrong. You cant win a game JUST by playing safe and never fighting. You have to win teamfights in order to be able to capture objectives like FG, pheonix, Titan, etc. So no, they dont promote never fighting and "sitting idle in spawn".
    Last edited by mastka123; 12-02-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    The reason someone idle in spawm leveled faster than OP in JOUST is because of the xp spoiling for that mode. If you are constantly dying, you aren't getting the xp from spooling. Typically speaking however, even in joust, you will get more experience by staying close to enemy death(including enemy minions) than someone only getting xp from spooling.

As for people advancing through 'leeching', that is literally any team based game. If your team wins, regardless of how little you do as an individual, you still win. And since when do you get banned in ANY game for not playing like a professional?

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    SMITE
    PROMOTING LEECHING
    its been said already, you obviously have no idea how leeching works at all