Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gladiator's Shield Nerf

Senior Member Honoured NervousCrysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

Gladiator's Shield Nerf

Gladiator's Shield, another early-game item that you often won't sell late-game cause it keeps being really good. Recently, it got its base stats nerfed, and it probably will keep getting those stats worse and worse till nobody wants this item in late, early game or gifted, just like Ichaival (xD I usually bought this item and now I even had to search its name). Hi-Rez strikes again. From the creators of buffing strong or overperforming gods and items, it comes: I want an item to be just good early game and not core but deny to nerf its main strength that synergizes so well with other items late game (pretty long tittle).

As usual, Hi-rez can't target the obvious problems of broken things and make odd changes. 5 less prots is not going to make the difference, until it gets so many nerfs to be useless, what's not the goal and usually comes to happen. This is how I see it: If Gladiator's is a bridge item, why its passive sustain scales with percentage health and mana? Why an early game item can increase its effectiveness late game and you are still missing the problem? My suggestion is to change the percentage scales for flat values + an X bonus per level. This way, you can take better control of its potential and it will stop being core on characters who can make good use of it and transcend well into late game just by building up health.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 2,962
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    I see them just removing it.

They never fix bruiser items when they become meta without crippling them.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    I see them just removing it.

They never fix bruiser items when they become meta without crippling them.
    Or almost anything xDDD. They know broken or useless, balanced sound odd to them.
    We are not here to entertain you. We are not here to get entertained. We fight, but we are not here to win... Or lose. We are here... To feed.

Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Honestly all of their T2 items were bullshit or weak.

Draining Blade back in OB was broke; eventually removed from the game.
    Ichival was busted; as a t3 it was useless, after nerfs its useless fodder.
    Gladiators Shield is busted.
    Heartseeker/Doom Orb were busted; after nerfs were useless fodder.
    Dynasty Helm was stupid for a while; was useless as a T3 item.
    Asi is completely outclassed by Devo Gloves; never was finished from Draining Blade in OB.

They just need to abandon this system as a whole, it doesn't work. The only item now really looked at as a T2 right now that isn't a busted item is Doom Orb. Doom Orb works like this because buying it is a high risk/high reward gimmick. But with items like Ichival and Draining Blade, they were never just fine, they were always heavily outclassed or meta defining.
    Last edited by Goobis; 12-02-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Achievements:
    Well, the idea of putting yourself into the risk of getting an item you will have to sell and lose money later to try and take an advantage with it doesn't sound bad to me, but you're obviously doing things wrong when those items has features that justify to keep it later. They need to better target the main assets of these items for better balance. As I said before, in the case of Gladiator's they definitely need to take a look at the passive. And they sure know, the problem is they already killed many items like that and they're afraid of touching it, but that shouldn't happen with the proper arrangements. Reducing 5 prots is a very shy attempt from them. I guess they want things to be the same way until world championship is over and they make the necessary swifts because they know that change is pretty irrelevant and it feels more like an intent to chill people than balancing the item. Also, there are items that feel like a feeling of space more than anything. Who thought that anybody would buy into Atalanta's in default of Fatalis? They couldn't believe that for real...

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Gladiator Shield wasnt that good how everybody saying and surely wasnt for every god, I never use it so far because of its poor stats, this healing isnt always that good how 20% CDR from breastplate or jotuns along with better power spike or defence.

Overrated
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,499
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Gladiator Shield wasnt that good how everybody saying and surely wasnt for every god, I never use it so far because of its poor stats, this healing isnt always that good how 20% CDR from breastplate or jotuns along with better power spike or defence.

Overrated
    Gladiator's was strong because of the fact that it gave some cdr, sustain, and phys protections at a difference of 500g compared to BoV.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Gladiator's was strong because of the fact that it gave some cdr, sustain, and phys protections at a difference of 500g compared to BoV.
    Its have stats of Tier 2, sustain require hitting gods so you cant sustain from air. I dont say its bad, I say its overrated and overused by too many players.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Its have stats of Tier 2, sustain require hitting gods so you cant sustain from air. I dont say its bad, I say its overrated and overused by too many players.
    Its used a lot because the sustain it give is just plain out retarded.

"In this patch we want to bring it down only slightly to ensure diversity in Warrior builds."

Now, what the fuck are they talking about here? clearly shows they have no god damn clue whats going on. It is not some "diversity item" It is a god damn core and MUST have item on pretty much any solid solo laner currently.
    Win lane, lose game

Achievements:
    It has the stats of a T2 but it has a % passive as well as CDR, letting it stay relevant later in the game.

Putting % passives/stats on cheap items designed to be for early use is no bueno. It completely ruins the point of the purpose of the item and allows them to scale when in reality they should be falling off. Sands of Time also has the same issue.
    Last edited by Goobis; 12-05-2017 at 09:09 PM.