Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please help me. Are all smite players massive dicks?

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalHQ View Post
    I have been playing paladins for a long time and really enjoyed it. Decided to download smite...... And everyone hates me I played through the tutorial and I dont get it. Then I figured "learn by doing" so I started up what the game said was the classic game mode. So I started it up and got matched with veteran players I was like *gulp* and naturally I pissed them off to high heaven they kept spamming "report report report" I was like Damn I thought i would play with newbies. Not guys like this. I'm so demotivated to play now. They kept saying do this and that and using abbreviations that I never heard of. Heck I didnt even now how to open chat for the first time! I have never felt so much hate with my first time experience in any game. I get items and relics help increase damage health etc. So I think I get that concept. But I know I died alot. I didn't understand anything they were saying to me it was all abbreviations. Then the guy sends me a message through steam ripping me a new asshole with a page long rant that I should get off and play call of duty....I don't even play call of duty! Then they all just agreed to surrender and says thanks alot man for "ruining my day" how awful sifting through the menus in the game was confusing too. Understanding the roles, getting the right items. I attacked the enemy players and it seemed like I wasnt even making a dent but they were shredding me apart! Its official screw this smite game. Its too Damn confusing and people are way too mean for me to learn it. I been looking at some of these other forums for help and it seems a majority of them talk about how they hate newbies. Keep the game to yourself then and let your community die . massive jerks.
    Pvp is still pvp.

You just have to start familiarizing yourself with the different enemy gods, their abilities, their ability rotations. Then you will start to read player behaviour and quickly recognise when is a good time to attack (eg when a specific god ability is on cooldown), when to defend, when to gank, anticipating ganks/enemy ultimates/baits and ambushes etc.

Learn about how damage is calculated and the kind of crowd control you face, along with the items to counter the CC.

https://smite.gamepedia.com/Attack_a...and_Mitigation
    https://smite.gamepedia.com/Crowd_Control

You can look up god guides, but do note that the builds apply only to Conquest. In the other Smite games modes like Arena, Assault, Joust, Siege, Clash, you will have to tweak the builds accordingly.

I personally avoid Conquest due to player toxicity levels. Stick to other game modes like Arena before going into Conquest.

Patch 5.1 introduces a bigger Conquest map so you will learning along with other players as well since not all people have the time to log on to PTS.

Perhaps you can ask your fellow Paladins players to logon to Smite to shorten the learning curve for you.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    Dive straight in and level skills and buy items manually.
    These are the items he bought (manually). And frankly, I am not surprised he died that many times with these items and his team members weren't too happy about that.

- No shoes or not even the correct shoes
    - Incomplete items (Multiple Tier 1/Tier 2 items instead of completing the to Tier 3)
    - Items purchased in an order which is not recommended (Late game/ Very expensive items are bought too early)
    - Items which are not ideal for the said God
    - Missing "Core Items"

He mentioned, he does not even understand the Tutorial. Until he reads up on guides/builds and knows what to buy and in which order, might be easier he just use the Auto Item function. He may get some decent items; not the best items or situational items to counter enemy Gods, but at least he has shoes and some basic items for that said God.
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 01-23-2018 at 10:41 AM.

New Member Cupidhead twentyPho7's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    Highly disagree. Do not do Auto Items, or Auto Skills.

Dive straight in and level skills and buy items manually.
    Or use god builder, I have found that it makes quite a big difference for me, saves me a lot of time.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I find Smite.gg to be a good resource, better than smite.guru.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Or you just find another game.

I hit my limit when an enemy Herc trolled with emotes our whole team.

Have not touched Smite in days even uninstalled, only here because I just got emails from 3 different issues I reported several days ago so decided to drop by forums.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Hey man. I play on PC and I'm quite new too. If you ever want to party up, I'm up for it. I can also give you some basic training (from a newbie perspective), as once you're far advanced in the game, people tend to forget where to start for the newbies.

Hit me up any time you want. My IGN (In-Game Name) is Pfaradox. I also stream on Twitch sometimes @ https://twitch.tv/pfara. Feel free to stop join or ping me.