Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help me. Are all smite players massive dicks?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Please help me. Are all smite players massive dicks?

I have been playing paladins for a long time and really enjoyed it. Decided to download smite...... And everyone hates me I played through the tutorial and I dont get it. Then I figured "learn by doing" so I started up what the game said was the classic game mode. So I started it up and got matched with veteran players I was like *gulp* and naturally I pissed them off to high heaven they kept spamming "report report report" I was like Damn I thought i would play with newbies. Not guys like this. I'm so demotivated to play now. They kept saying do this and that and using abbreviations that I never heard of. Heck I didnt even now how to open chat for the first time! I have never felt so much hate with my first time experience in any game. I get items and relics help increase damage health etc. So I think I get that concept. But I know I died alot. I didn't understand anything they were saying to me it was all abbreviations. Then the guy sends me a message through steam ripping me a new asshole with a page long rant that I should get off and play call of duty....I don't even play call of duty! Then they all just agreed to surrender and says thanks alot man for "ruining my day" how awful sifting through the menus in the game was confusing too. Understanding the roles, getting the right items. I attacked the enemy players and it seemed like I wasnt even making a dent but they were shredding me apart! Its official screw this smite game. Its too Damn confusing and people are way too mean for me to learn it. I been looking at some of these other forums for help and it seems a majority of them talk about how they hate newbies. Keep the game to yourself then and let your community die . massive jerks.
    Last edited by OrbitalHQ; 12-01-2017 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Typo

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    In nutshell for you, Smite has the worst matchmaking in gaming history, and you will be paired even with pro players when you are newbie
    Win lane, lose game

Junior Member Cupidhead ThreatsofRomance's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    It’s alright, just keep on playing. You can play with me anytime!
    Player Since 2014

New account though, so feel free to add me!

Favorite Gods: Thoth, Artemis, Neith, Cupid, Poseidon, Bellona, Vulcan, Discordia, Nox, and Hel.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    You can also add such people to your Block list, I never see the 14 I have on mine after adding them.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Don't feel bad.. If anyone says report, just ignor it, just explain that youre new and tell them to give you advice. Some will

I would suggest finding a stream on twitch, I've been watching Wowy for hunter plays for awhile and you can ask questions etc. You can ask him questions like you ever headbutted the support for playing bad. He rips wubbn a new one sometimes

Join an arena game if you want to get the hang of characters. And don't join conquest for awhile

What platform do you play on? PC? Console? Find a group to hang with or a group for build advice. If you need advice you can always message me on here and I'll link you some vids or try help with build advice. But I play ps4

The smite community can be pretty harsh at times with even casters getting ripped to peices in games. Luckly they have the powers that be to get them banned seeing as they work for hirez. It's a hard game to learn too with everyone just doing there own thing in a team based game mean you lose, people cry and then leave etc etc.

I've watched hirez pon pon get called fake then other crazy stuff with the person saying " this guys using a fake account" to then have him swear and cuss at hirez during a game.. So really nobody is safe from the randoms. Just forget it and move on mate.

If you want help learning stuff then just message me. There's a help section in Reddit too if you want to check that out.
    Last edited by commandoo; 12-27-2017 at 10:22 PM.
    I like turtles

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Hi. I understand you. Been going through the same. Most pros surrender after 2 towers in different lanes are destroyed. I got hate comments from people alot. But i ignore it. Everyone starts as a newbie. You get better from time to time

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalHQ View Post
    Please help me.
    Hi. It looks like you started on Nov 23rd, 2017 on SMITE PC. I noticed you have been playing Female Goddess only (Discordia, Da Ji, Izanami, etc...), perhaps start by picking an EASY Goddess like Neith, a more suitable Goddess for a beginner like yourself. Ensure you enable "Auto Items" and "Auto Skills" in the Match Lobby. You seem to be having a lot of trouble identifying which items to buy. So for the time being, use SMITE's "Auto Items", its similar to "Auto Purchase" in Paladins.

You mentioned you are a long time Paladins player, so you ought to already know the followings:

- Voice Guided System (VGS), both Paladins and Smite have them, its almost identical VCC "Be careful!"
    - Press K for Skill Menu, it's the same on Paladins and Smite. Go read up the Skills
    - Press I for Item Store, same as in Paladins
    - Go check out builds at http://smite.guru/builds or https://www.smitefire.com/
    - There is a steep learning curve for MOBA, it will take some time and effort before you are good; you might want to practice in Co-op matches vs AI (just to get a basic understanding of the skills/items)
    - Hunters are similar to Damage Champions on Paladins. Keep your distance, avoid getting hit, use long range attacks. This should reduce your deaths.

There were only two matches, which your team were up against a Smurf (an experienced player on a lower level account). Don't they have Smurfs on Paladins? There isn't anything out of the ordinary for the rest of your matches (i.e. you weren't matched with Veteran Players for the rest of your matches). In my opinion, you picked the wrong Gods (i.e. too difficult for a new player, especially since you mentioned you did not understand the Tutorial) and you bought the wrong items (Auto Items will help until you get a better understanding of the Items/Relics; when you can manually buy items and counter build)
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 01-17-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Hey! I've been playing for a while now, mostly on PS4. There are some days I'm off my game, and I get flamed super hard: messages telling me they're gonna report me, get me banned, don't play the game if you don't take it seriously, uninstall this game, please kill yourself, etc. Other days I'm on my game, get tips after the match, party requests, etc.

Essentially, in my experience, if you aren't good, even just in one game, they're gonna roast you for it. I turned off the ability to receive messages through the game. in the end, it's a video game. Have fun with it. It's not like you're immediately jumping into ranked matches, so dickheads can suck it.

Until you get comfortable with whatever god you wanna play, try out Co-Op vs. AI. The AI gets repetitive after a while, but when you're still starting out, it's gonna be a challenge. Keep in mind that AI typically just pushes objective (I usually roll Joust), so they may not be as kill-obsessed as human players you'll play against later.

In the end, just have fun! Fuck those guys, man, seriously.

Junior Member Cupidhead NanamiMikage's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    ~looks at title~

No, but we all have.....

~looks down~

Oh wait, never mind.

I've had to self-teach myself this game, which is really hard for me, and I've likely ended up with a lot of errors in what I've perceived. Anyway, the only Smite Youtube uploader I can find who actively uploads informative content is CallMeMast. He is a jungle main in conquest, but he has the knowledge to play virtually anything being that he is in the top ten of GrandMasters in duel and currently getting offers from pro teams. Although for hunters, I watch a tiny Youtube uploader by the name of Acedustyy even though he rarely uploads.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BleuPrince View Post
    Ensure you enable "Auto Items" and "Auto Skills" in the Match Lobby. You seem to be having a lot of trouble identifying which items to buy. So for the time being, use SMITE's "Auto Items", its similar to "Auto Purchase" in Paladins.
    Highly disagree. Do not do Auto Items, or Auto Skills.

Dive straight in and level skills and buy items manually.