Thread: More Female Gods, please?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

More Female Gods, please?

First, let me say this will matter absolutely not at all to many people, and for them, great, glad you're happy. For those of us to whom it does matter, see the below:

------

Just finished taking Izanami to diamond, so moving on to my next hunter to take to diamond, and, for female hunters, I'm left with Skadi and Art, (neither of which have escapes) and Medusa, which prompted me to look at the gender balance in the various roles in the game. Here's what I came up with:

Hunters - 17 total, 6 female, 11 male, (35% female)
    Mages - 27 total, 11 female, 16 male, (41% female)
    Guardians - 16 total, 3 female, 13 male, (19% female)
    Assassins - 18 total, 7 female, 11 male, (39% female)
    Warriors - 14 total, 3 female, 11 male, (21% female)
    --
    Total - 92 total, 30 female, 62 male, (33% female)

Now, granted, some / much of this is due to the male bias in gods vs goddesses in these pantheons, (notable especially in Warriors and Guardians) but when not even one category is at 50/50, I think it at least fair to ask for some further attempts at balancing the scales when and as opportunities arise.

That's all I'd ask. Don't have to go nuts, but when looking at adding a new god, would love if you could also think about whether there's a goddess in that pantheon that might be as, if not more, interesting, than the god being debated.

Thanks.

-------

Note: trying very hard not to bring viability also into this discussion, (i.e. how many male gods vs female gods are viable / often picked) but I'd be dishonest if I said it wasn't also a factor.

Knowing that tierlists are inherently biased, did look at three of them from Smite.guru, (Borneblood) and Incon & Weak3n on Youtube, and if I look at only the "strong" gods, (i.e. A+ and above) I get the following:

Borneblood - 7 female, 30 male, (19% female)
    Incon - 5 female, 24 male, (17% female)
    Weak3n - 13 female, 29 male, (31% female)

If we presume most folks will try to pick A+ and above, where possible, it makes the situation even harder.

Again, just food for thought.
    Last edited by MissHap; 11-30-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added tierlist stuff

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    You have to take into account, making a God is not easy.

If we look at the Pantheons that we have today, there are 4 that stand out as troublesome in their own right.

The first 2 are the Greek and Roman Pantheon. These Pantheons are rather similar for Gods. You either have the God with the same name and minor trait(1) differences, or completely different Gods with the same traits(1). (1)traits in this instance meaning what the God is a God of.

Next you have the Hindu Pantheon. The Hindi religion is still widely worshipped, so Hi-Rez takes extra caution and care to make sure the Gods are lore accurate. They have received (and continue to receive as far as I know) backlash from the religious community over this Pantheon.

Lastly is the Celtic. The Celtic Pantheon is spread over 4 different regions, each having their own Gods/Legends/Myths/Heroes/etc. Some of which are known by only name alone and nothing else.

I am not saying you are wrong, far from it. We could use more diversity in the roster of Gods.

But give Hi-Rez time, as they have a constant updating list of Gods to "possibly" add to the game.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Achievements:
    In total agreement. I know the lore tends to constrain some of the opportunities and do want to be mindful of sensitivities around the depiction of gods and goddesses in the game, (i.e. I do remember there were complaints about how Kali and Nu Wa were depicted, and am sure there have been many others).

As I said, was just giving voice to an over-time aspirational so that 5 years down the road or so, (presuming Smite's still around) the balance is better than it is today - that's all.

-----

Oh, and if you really want to go for bonus points, if those female gods could come out with fewer boob windows, plunging necklines, or side bums sticking out, also good - don't have anything against sexy at all, but now and again, "vaguely battle appropriate" might be nice - y'know - to mix it up.* ;P

-----

* Credit certainly to Amaterasu, Bellona and Nike - yes, there's still some boob plate, but directionally, there's progress, and at least they're not "Tassels of Intimidation." ;P (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8)
    Last edited by MissHap; 12-01-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Last time I checked Kali has more clothes in Smite than in her usual form how she is viewed. Usually she is having her tits hanging out with barely any cloth anywhere but w/e I guess.

I never understood this thing that SOME (not all, people don't get triggered for no reason) females have some sort of breast hate. COVER THE BOOBS!
    Artio, Bellona, Amaterasu,Nike,Scylla. Now I mean, you can ofc go check how gods were seen and you might be surprised that they are... usually naked. But then again It does not matter that most guys in smite have absurd steroid million packs

I can't remember a time when there was guys saying "hide the abs from guys"

And female gods balance wise are super strong, I have no idea what you are trying to imply saying that they are not?
    All in all just another rant post without actually any meaning behind it expect "EVERYTHING MUST BE 50/50.. or 80/20 as long as its in my "favor".

Once again I must post this.
    Win lane, lose game

Achievements:
    Thanks for entering a calm, respectful thread with your opinions.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    When the time calls for serious stuff, we shall respond in accord (with some possible minor goof around comments because we are gamers...it's par for the course).

Scylla is a weird gray area. because many in the community view her as Smite's Pedo Bear.
    If you do not know who that is, please go look up League of Legends and find Annie, you will understand.

With that out of the way, to address part of your comment Derled, Kali now, is much different than original release Kali.
    Hi-Rez changed her looks and kit, not sure exactly when.

MatPat of Game Theory actually did a theory video on Smite, though it was about if the Goddesses in the game were too sexy.

Now I will freely admit I don't know where Hi-rez gets all the information about a God. What little of my own research shows that the male to female ratio in Gods is not an even 50/50. I can't say for sure about percentages but it ranges from 60/40 to 80/20 male to female in most pantheons.

Does this mean we will get more male gods than female ones? Most likely, because they are the most numerous or the most notable in that pantheon.

Going on the Gods that are in the game, we pretty much have most of the well known Gods for each pantheon (baring some allotments [see my statement concerning the Greek and Roman Pantheons]).
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack