Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: low damage as athena

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 823
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    please don't listen to the garbage advice, so with your match the enemy support well he is a damage support kind off, his not viable in higher skilled matches, his whole kit is base damage, the build he went, well your team did not punish him for it, that shit won't work verse good players he also could of snowballed so he can do that, athena can go damage if she is ahead but she shines as a full tank, your not suppose to have damage, cdr is your thing, and set up your 123 level common bruh, you don't know one of the best supports kit? your whole goal is to have your taunt on cooldown in fights all day

dash em 3 then 2 or if you need a quick taunt dash 2 then 3, if your versing a hunter with escape you want to dash 2 , if its amc you can dash 3-2

Junior Member Cupidhead carlisle4111's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Have to agree, full tank Athena is hilarious and pisses people off. 12 games yesterday and 2 losses with her. I build travelers boots, sov, heartward, spirit robe, mantle, then get rid of my starter item and pick up pys piece or stone of gia. She shines as a full tank.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    All you need to do good damage is Void Stone and Pen Boots.

Dash, auto, 2, auto, 3, auto, bodyblock them within your 3.
    I think ideally you want to Dash, 3, then 2 them back into the second hit from her 3.
    Both hits from 3 with void, pen boots and such is very powerful.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    The only supports that should really be building full support are Ganesha, and (arguably) Ares (and by support, I mean Auras) because he gains power from them due to his passive, but you generally want to get your CDR online first.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    The only supports that should really be building full support are Ganesha, and (arguably) Ares (and by support, I mean Auras) because he gains power from them due to his passive, but you generally want to get your CDR online first.
    Full support yes, but using Auras is smart regardless of the role - some items are just uber on some Gods. Sovereignty is great from a front liner like Kuzen, and Rod goes well with any Guardian that has self heals from items or abilities.

You haven't really partied yet until you land 3 chains on one God with Spear of Magus, Pythagoreans and Rod of Asc lol.
    #facemelts
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 905
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    Since Athena really likes to get into the middle of everything while team is behind her defensive auras are not always the best choice on her. Void stone though is core I think as it buffs the combo when you taunt with ure mage. Some games HW or Sov is to good to pass up though, depends on their damage dealers and how they will take the fights. So long as you are tanky enough to go in, taunt and survive, its all that matters. Athena can ez build selfish tank due to how she works, like BoV, Pesti/Bulwark combo as he baseline def items.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Some1Guy's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    In arena its like this.

Support athena wins by making a decent team better.

Full tank athena wins games by saving lives.

You wont get kills but your teamates will get less deaths.
    You might even have a negative k2d ratio, but your entire teams death count will be lower.

Get damage items ?
    What are you then realistically ...

1) Food for a hunter.
    2) In need of constantly being saved by a squishy (now you are a guardian who needs to be guarded).
    3) Useless.
    4) A subpar mage with no range.
    5) Praying you have a better team so you can do something riding on there backs.

Take your pick.
    Last edited by Some1Guy; 09-17-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Some1Guy View Post
    1) Food for a hunter.
    As opposed to going full tank and having at LEAST 36% of your prots being completely negated because lel Executioner?

Hunter's will melt you in 0 seconds flat irregardless of if you stack on a ton of phys prots (Also, anti-hunter items like Witchblade and Midguardian Mail).

How you stop being food to Hunters is make them not want to attack you. Which is best done by nuking off 50%+ of their health with your dash > partybois > taunt with a couple of damage items (Since each hit of your 3 is 50% scaling. Meaning that combo has a total of 150% scaling! Not including additional damage from weaving passive proc basics)

2) In need of constantly being saved by a squishy (now you are a guardian who needs to be guarded).
    Same as if you're full tank. You constantly need a squishy around to do... Anything. Since you'll suck at clearing waves, you can't solo kill anyone, you can't take buff camps... All so you can live like a femtosecond longer in a teamfight?

3) Useless.
    The only useless gods are aurabots who think they're so useful standing around providing a whopping 25 all prots to a team and maybe a CC once per 20 seconds because they went full "Support" so they have no damage, no pen, no decent CDR... Meanwhile, allied squishies who now have like 50-60 total prots are still getting melted if they're focused...

Bruiser builds on Guardians/Warriors are so much better than full tank or full "Support" since you become a threat that makes people want or even NEED to focus on you, letting your squishies do what they need to (While also alleviating their need to be ALL the damage).

It's not like you need to build full damage, you can still get some decent prots and health built up, thanks to efficient items like Thebes, Urchin, Mantle and Spirit's Robe giving large amounts of both prots for few item slots. Allowing you to pick up some power and pen to boost typically high base damage and surprisingly good scalings (Mostly, some Guardian's have awful scaling and mediocre base damage, such as Sylvanus and Sobek)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Are you kidding me? I seen really good Athena players have 30-50k damage when they play her! Use Void Stone, Rod of Tahuti, and Celestial Legion Helm. If played right, she can even beat Tera's and Ares' dps.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Coming back with an update after I started this thread a few months ago:
    I got 102 conquest matches while playing Athena and my damage is still pretty low. I think much of that is to do with my play style I usually build very tanky and try to set up, peel and body block instead of going for damage. Playing like this, I don't feel like I am letting my team down even if I have low damage.

However my win% for Athena is at 48% which is about the lowest of all my most played gods. Some of that is because Athena is my go to god to try to save a team composition (say my supp is a ne zha and my solo is a loki and I'm stuck with jungle so I go guardian jungle so we at least have some peel/tankyness).

I think the most difficult thing on athena is, and thats something I am still struggling with, is to coordinate the taunt with your teammates. Say you get a good taunt off but your scylla isn't ready or you see the scylla in ult and low health enemies nearby but your taunt is still on CD.