Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please, improove the bots!!

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    What are you saying?? Do you want this game to go straight to hell? Improving the bots will increase the amount of bots in nomrmal games too XD
    omg man, I didnt even know pple cheat using bots on this game, thats horrible D= ... (but of course I am reffering to bots to play against, not the cheaty type =) .. )

Junior Member Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviro View Post
    Please, improve the AI bots.
    Agreed

I don't mind having AI Bots (Approved) on my team, vs other AI Bots (Approved) in Co-op matches. In Smite, Co-op vs AI matches, we have two bot difficulty (Easy and Normal) for 5 modes (Conquest, Arena, Clash, Joust and Assault). Our Smite bots:
    - Don't kill any Jungle Camps for buffs (but they will buy Bumba's Mask (specific for Jungle monsters) and other starter items
    - They don't know how to sell their starter items and buy something else at the later stage of the match
    - They will buy their default Relics and not Meditation Cloaks in Assault (Most players will get Meditation Cloak in Assault)
    - Never seen them use any of their Relics
    - Having a Ymir AI Bot in your team is most annoying, when you are pursuing an enemy with less than half HP, your Ymir will put up an ice wall. WTF: which team is he on?
    - Most of the time, I see them just rushing towards the enemy bots
    - To win, I find myself having to carry the team, I have to do 20 kills to compensate for my team's AI Bot's poor performance

Compare with other MOBA
    Leagues of Legend LOL: Summoner's Rift equivalent to our Conquest mode with 3 Difficulty Levels: Intro, Beginner or Intermediate
    DOTA 2: Practice with Bots with 5 Difficulty Levels: Passive, Easy (Default), Medium, Hard, Unfair
    Heroes of the Storm HOTS: Co-op versus AI with 5 Difficulty Levels: Beginner, Recruit, Adept, Veteran, Elite

In my opinion, DOTA 2 has the most interesting AI.
    - The Bots will farm for buffs
    - They will kill Jungle monsters for XP/Gold
    - Bots in your team will let you know what they are doing/or planning to do like in ours VGS Attack Middle Lane, Falling Back
    - At the start of the match, they will say Have Fun, Good Luck
    - At the end of the match, they will even say GG Good Game
    - The bots will call out for Missing Enemies (Enemies missing Middle, etc..)
    - They will respond accordingly, if your Left Lane is being attacked, they will rush to defend it
    - If you are fighting a monster/enemy player, and if your team's AI bots are nearby, they will assist and join the fight
    - You don't need to carry the team to victory. The AI bots are perfectly capable of getting kills themselves
    - They often coordinate their attacks together as a group
    - They do all these with the difficulty setting of EASY. EASY is really not that easy.

In SMITE, the quests we are given like Get 3 Wins of the Day, Kill 1 Fire Giant, Play 3 Matches as a Greek God, etc... all these quests can only be achieved in NORMAL or RANKED mode (i.e. Player vs Player). There isn't much incentive to train/practice with AI Bots (Co-op), some of us are lured to join NORMAL mode before we are really ready for it. In LOL, there are players lvl 30 happily fight against Co-Op AI Bots, while completing their quests; taking their time to learn the game.
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 12-01-2017 at 03:56 AM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Yeah bots are pretty bad.

Id advice playing assault if you are noob. I think its the most noob friendly mode.

Junior Member Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean for SMITE to copy everything of LOL or DOTA2 or HOTS. While the rest have Nexus (LOL), Ancients (DOTA2) or Core (HOTS), we have Titans, which can move about and attack/counter-attack; which is so much better than just a building with lots of HP.

Simply improving the AI BOTS wont be enough, it will cause other issues:
    - Newer players might decide to stay longer in Co-op AI matches, this might cause shortage of players in Normal matches; causing even more complaints due to longer waiting time
    - There are already 5 Co-op AI modes, and 2 difficulty levels. That's 10 queues at any given time; sure if there are insufficient players queuing, the system will add AI bots. But players do prefer playing with other players given the chance; are there enough New players queuing to form parties of 5 Players vs 5 AI Bots?
    - If you decide to take out less popular match modes, certain die hard players might start protesting vehemently

Everything is kinda interlinked.
    - How to increase player population to reduce queue time?
    - How to better match players, creating fairer and more equitable matches; giving a greater sense of pride in winning by their own skill rather than being carried, one of the player in the other team disconnected creating a 5 vs 4, the other team has a new player who just joined while your team is full of season players, lvl 100+, (the current MMR isnt working)
    - How to keep new players interested to continue learning more about the game in a conducive atmosphere (not being constantly harassed, told to uninstall the game etc...) and graduate to Normal mode matches, and for those seasoned players lvl 100+ to progress up to Ranked matches without inhibition

in short, there will need to be improvement in other areas as well, not just AI bots. SMITE 2.0?
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 12-01-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    In my opinion ppl in casual modes need to grow more respect for new players. One way could be to display team mates account level in game. As it is now you couldnt tell the difference between a noob and troll. Level needs to be not shown for enemy team and in pre game lobby for reasons

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    They should add a co-op mode for siege too, I want the option to add bots in my siege custom games