Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please, improove the bots!!

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 372

Please, improove the bots!!

please, new smite players like me or some people I know dont want to go on a normal game to be flamed / bad treated just becouse the bots are so bad and cant be enjoyed at all... is not funny even for practicing.

- Being qeued WITH bots to play against bots is just terrible man, at leats let the counter go on a little longer to try to find a human or 2 so u can actually feel u r playing an online MOBA.
    - If u say that I have to invite friends to play so I can fnally have human teammates -_- .. cmon ,, new players always start alone, or maybe with a friend but wont be online always at the same time than u.
    - why friendly bots are always running around doing nothing (not even killing minions) or going all 4 full HP to base to do nothing while everithing is under attack? or just going 1 vs 5 to die time after time to fed enemy bots? ... then when u got 4 bots 0/10 1/15 2/12 2/10 fun is over, u loose and also u cant practice while beeing raped -_- ..

I.ve met people that dropped this game just becouse of this reason, they hated not being capable of practicing and going to normals is just to have a terrible time getting raped and flammed.

This game have so much to offer, but the basic thing is to convence new players to stay, just take a look at League of legends, their bot system is friendly to new players, the AI is efficent, they apply the meta of the game in general, and overall u can play and enjoy learning in low levels becouse u got people (human) teammates u can ask or learn from.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Actually they could create separate areas for Solo and Co-op play, I know at least one other MOBA that does that.
    Bots do need improvement though.
    It seems like allied Bots play worse than enemy ones, that is why I never play Co-op Conquest or Clash. If you wind up being the only human, you have to do all the work that becomes harder if you choose a Guardian.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    The reason why is because if a bot takes the place of a player, the bot is on easy difficulty. Extremely obvious considering bots always use the same build. There is an easy bot build and a medium bot build so you can tell them apart.

If you want to practice with bots but can't stand easy ai on your team, you can make a custom game and set all the bots to medium.

Personally, I like having my bot allies on easy. I'll even do custom conquest 3v5(gotta have someone in lane or I won't be able to cover such a large map, at least not at lv1 1500 gold)

But that doesn't really prepare you for real games anyway, just for pubstomping

Achievements:
    Didn't know, never tried Custom, thought it was not for Bot use, thanks for the info.

I do think some of Co-op does not prepare you for Normal.

1 - Enemy team does not work together as well as a stack human team or some good PUGs.
    2 - With allied gods set to a lower level of skill than enemies, humans in Co-op have to carry more that can give someone the wrong idea on how good they are.

Seen this in other games.
    They should make some effort to improve AI Bots like other developers such as Paragon and there is also those videos on YouTube of at least one other MOBA using that OpenAI program that is said to be so good, it challenges high ranked, skilled players. OpenAI has its faults and has been beaten but nowhere as easy as most Bots in games like Smite.

A couple examples of AI.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbDmxEOj9OY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkdkW3y0-YA

I also have seen vids about Google's Deepmind.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Biggest problem with smite bots is the way they target an opponent. Go within their radius and they target you and ignore everyone else. It is way too easy to exploit this and have them mindlessly go after a single opponent while everyone else beats on them. Only thing that makes them stop chasing is getting too far away from the bots minion wave or the bot going below an HP threshold.

Aside from that, bots are completely blind to telegraphs. A bot will never try to dodge a Ra ult or avoid walking through or even just standing inside a kukulkan tornado.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    What are you saying?? Do you want this game to go straight to hell? Improving the bots will increase the amount of bots in nomrmal games too XD

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,499
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Don't the bots have different difficulties? I could imagine that it will spread out the playerbase. Add the fact that probably not a lot of people play those co-op modes.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    What are you saying?? Do you want this game to go straight to hell? Improving the bots will increase the amount of bots in nomrmal games too XD
    Bots aren't in normal games, they are co-op only(unless you are talking about 3rd party bots, in which case improving our in-game ones don't affect that at all. Besides, people using such 3rd party software get banned)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    Don't the bots have different difficulties? I could imagine that it will spread out the playerbase. Add the fact that probably not a lot of people play those co-op modes.
    They have 2, Easy and Medium.
    Whenever I am playing Smite, I can find a Easy level Arena match with at least one other player or more better than any other mode, Normal or Co-op.
    Except at night during the week, that's when I wind up in matches with higher skilled people.
    Clearly more people prefer just easy deathmatches.
    I have wondered if my Blocked list keeps me out of matches with those people.

Back to bots though, they can still use improvement.
    In modes that need it, they never ward or jungle thus never getting jungle buffs.
    They only rotate lanes if a Phoenix gets destroyed.
    No comms.
    Hardly ever Ult.

Easy Arena mode appears to be used as a farm Favor method of getting new gods for people and maybe testing certain things but it can also mislead people especially new players into thinking their skill is A when it is B.

Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Bots aren't in normal games, they are co-op only(unless you are talking about 3rd party bots, in which case improving our in-game ones don't affect that at all. Besides, people using such 3rd party software get banned)
    I do believe Glorfindal is being sarcastic though I do not know the user personally.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 372
    I.m really glad people do read and care about this issue .. and I really hope It gets better so we all can get more new pple to like it and enjoy this game at all levels =)