Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why don't pro's build crit?

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,033
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Higher DPS over time isn't necessarily a given with crit though. That is how it should be sure, but that RNG troll can really hate on you. Unless you want to go 100% crit chance and be full glass cannon, which while damaging isn't really a good decision....(though it is especially easy to pull off on Artemis, and isn't even that bad considering her already naturally low survivability)
    Over the course of 100 matches, Crit build outdpses Pen build.
    How Much I Love Scylla: 9,789
    Level: 117/160
    IGN: Eirá

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Over the course of 100 matches, Crit build outdpses Pen build.
    That isn't really how you should be thinking for building in a game though considering you should always adapt to each individual game...

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    That isn't really how you should be thinking for building in a game though considering you should always adapt to each individual game...
    In the long run Crit will always provide the highest dps.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Edited Crap, already made that joke. Where are my meds?

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    If you are talking multiple games maybe, still doesn't change the fact that RNG is never a given. (Hence the R in RNG)

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,447
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    The problem is it's also the long way and requires a lot of success as opposed to pen builds. Why else would gods like Jing and Artemis have inbuilt crit? To make sure they can stay relevant without having to invest too much gold and risk lagging behind the competition.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Achievements:
    If you are talking multiple games maybe, still doesn't change the fact that RNG is never a given. (Hence the R in RNG)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    The problem is it's also the long way and requires a lot of success as opposed to pen builds. Why else would gods like Jing and Artemis have inbuilt crit? To make sure they can stay relevant without having to invest too much gold and risk lagging behind the competition.
    I already listed RNG as a con of Crit.

Doesn't change the fact that Crit on average will do more dps than PenQins.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    I already listed RNG as a con of Crit.

Doesn't change the fact that Crit on average will do more dps than PenQins.
    On average, as in gathering data from all players and whatnot, yes(or at least it should, the odds of it not are extremely low). But that isn't what you said in your post directly previous to this one. You said it always provides highest DPS, and that simply isn't true. It SHOULD provide highest DPS, mathematically that makes sense. In practice however, this can be found to be false. Some people just don't have luck on their side, ever.... While it is extremely unlikely, it is possible(perhaps not feasible at how unlikely) for someone to play 2 hours everyday for 50 years always building 60% crit chance on physical gods and hitting enemies often(not just sitting in fountain or missing all their attacks) and not get a single crit in their entire smite career. Extremely unlikely, but technically possible.

I'm only trying to insist that it is not a given. It is factually unreliable. While it is usually a safe bet to go for crit to improve DPS, that doesn't mean it WILL improve DPS. You can always end up losing that bet. So, insisting that it is the only correct choice(such as stating it factually gives more DPS, when in practice that is not always true) isn't something I can support. It is a great option, and will usually outperform alternatives, but it is not a reliable option.

Achievements:
    Crit is unreliable, but math proves it to provide the highest dps over a period of time.

RNG is assumed to even out over a long period of time.

I never said it was the only correct choice. You're assuming here that the only correct choice is the one that factually gives more DPS which isn't true.

Crit has drawbacks and strengths. So does Qins.

Qins build is preferred by pros due to the reasons I listed earlier, which includes RNG.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Crit is unreliable, but math proves it to provide the highest dps over a period of time.

RNG is assumed to even out over a long period of time.

I never said it was the only correct choice. You're assuming here that the only correct choice is the one that factually gives more DPS which isn't true.

Crit has drawbacks and strengths. So does Qins.

Qins build is preferred by pros due to the reasons I listed earlier, which includes RNG.
    For maximum DPS, the option that factually gives more is the only option.(hence maximum) You are stating crit factually gives more DPS, which again is false.

In practice, neither build factually gives more DPS. Either side can win the DPS battle, it all depends on RNG. RNG is assumed to even out over a long period of time, however it is not forced to by any set intervals. In actuality, you can go on never getting a crit while others can constantly crit. It isn't a feasible outcome, but it is a possible one. Players do consistently experience less extreme versions of these outcomes often enough for RNG to be considered unreliable. Regardless, each game players should build for that game specifically, so you can't say crit WILL give more DPS in that setting(a single game). You can say it SHOULD give more DPS, but it doesn't make it factua.

Math doesn't really prove either build as giving more DPS within the timeframe of 1 game, it just gives an estimate of what to expect.(at least in this instance do to the RNG aspect, with pretty much everything else math will give precise results)