Thread: Why Are People So Mean?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Why Are People So Mean?

So I recently got done with a game with 3 premades (Ah Puch, Da Ji, Thoth) and an Artemis who was using her brother's account. During the entire game the Da Ji and Thoth spammed "you rock" and "cancel that" towards me and Artemis. Then at the end of the game they told everyone to report me(Bellona) for "afk" even though I was never in base for more than 5 seconds, and they told everyone to report Artemis for "account sharing". The Artemis only played 1 real game(which was the one she went 2/5 but did the third most player damage) and I know that because I ran into the Artemis in Bots a few times before we were placed on the same team in Solo Queue. Me and Artemis did our best to help out and defended portal as much as we can, and yet the Thoth and Da Ji were still harassing us. I understand if sharing accounts is a bannable offense but does it really make it right to report someone who wasn't trolling, didn't do all that badly, and never "harass" back? So they troll reported me (aka false report) and reported Artemis even though she did nothing wrong and she simply wanted to get into SMITE. I understand the Thoth and Da Ji were good players but that is no excuse to act like degenerates towards other people for no reason. How exactly are these 2 douches not banned yet? What exactly is their mentality and what exactly is Hi-Rez's mentality on topics like this?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,190
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    If we could answer that question, we could probably find the meaning of life. The reality is, people are irredeemable dickheads. There's nothing we can do about it but mute them.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Cause they dont know love.

Anyway good players dont behave like this. Just mid range elos who think they are good.

Junior Member Cupidhead ThreatsofRomance's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    People are rude for no reason. It’s best to ignore them. I’ve also dealt with a lot of mean SMITE players in the past. Keep your chin up and keep on playing. It may seem like everyone is toxic in a community, but that isn’t just true.
    Player Since 2014

New account though, so feel free to add me!

Favorite Gods: Thoth, Artemis, Neith, Cupid, Poseidon, Bellona, Vulcan, Discordia, Nox, and Hel.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    In addition, put them on your Block list, seems you never get matched with them again.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I guess the reason they're not banned yet is because so many people are mean on Smite and if everyone who is mean gets banned Smite barely has any players left. But yeah, whenever people are like that, just report them so maybe one day they will actually get banned. And DO block them, cause you probably don't want to get teamed up with them again.

Junior Member Cupidhead NightWolf592's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Cause they dont know love.

Anyway good players dont behave like this. Just mid range elos who think they are good.
    Heh... hehe.... Yeah... Good players don't behave like this... Hahahaha....

Honestly, Smite, and most, if not all, Online games can, and WILL be frustrating to an extent, and some people simply can't handle frustration. I honestly hate people who are toxic, but I can't say that I haven't been toxic myself. I try my best to do the "FURIOUS. But quiet" Kind of thing.

Sadly, this is something that will always be in the game, regardless of your skill level, because every single human can be toxic, and about 50% can't (Or doesn't want to) Control it.

Just try to be nice yourself and mute those who attack you for dumb reasons.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Its MOBA...
    Mute button still exist.

I dont know why ppl are mean but it may be because of few reasons, like for example they have stressful job or care too much about game.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Or don't care at all.
    I have met a few who are toxic in online games outside the game, some brag about how they just do not care what others think and believe themselves to always be right. Some of these few will create alt accounts just to troll others and even the company for reasons.