Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Adventure: Is the Draugr too hard now?

  1. #1
    Member Worshipper ZodiacZer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Posts
    411
    4
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2

    Adventure: Is the Draugr too hard now?

    So the Draugr's whirlpool was recently 'fixed' so that there are no safe spots on the ship and you have to tank the whirlpool. As well as lifesteal on bosses got reduced so now you don't heal as much.

    I will admit, i'm not the greatest player but I used to be able to take the Draugr nicely with Tier 3 items, since the patch: I've only took him once. That one time we defeated him we actually made it to Surtr and surprise: Surtr was actually easier than the Draugr.

    I decided to try out normal adventure, got a team that had only tier 1 items, that's ok they have to grind too. They didn't last seconds in the whirlpool. Considering how much damage it does I ask this: How the hell are new people or people who don't have good items yet supposed to do this?

    Before this patch, you could actually beat him with tier 1 items, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all anymore considering t2 and higher can't even take it sometimes.

    What do you guys think? Is it too hard or is it a git gud situation?
    Last edited by ZodiacZer0; 11-24-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running



    Buff Artio

  2. #2
    New Member Cupidhead Fortyseven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4
    2
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Draugr was always too hard, the only reason I was able to get past it on normal was fully geared people helping out.
    If lifesteal was nerfed, that would explain why its been so much harder recently.

    Games are supposed to be enjoyable.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Honoured
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    829
    4
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    1
    I don't know about any change, I'm on console so maybe that is a patch I haven't received yet? But the whirlpool does more damage the closer you are to the middle. Tanking the damage from the edges(while still taking damage) has never been difficult...

    Honestly his roars when you break his fingers and his own regenerative abilities have always been a much more legitimate threat to me. I'm usually playing a healer so his self sustain is too much for me to solo him.(i cant catch all the moss by myself) If I'm playing DPS, cruddy team mates can kill me purposefully with the roars. He is not the easiest boss to solo....

    I'm under the impression the whirlpool is actually a bunch of whirlpools layered on top of each other considering the center does so much more damage.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,519
    6
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I don't know about any change, I'm on console so maybe that is a patch I haven't received yet? But the whirlpool does more damage the closer you are to the middle. Tanking the damage from the edges(while still taking damage) has never been difficult...

    Honestly his roars when you break his fingers and his own regenerative abilities have always been a much more legitimate threat to me. I'm usually playing a healer so his self sustain is too much for me to solo him.(i cant catch all the moss by myself) If I'm playing DPS, cruddy team mates can kill me purposefully with the roars. He is not the easiest boss to solo....

    I'm under the impression the whirlpool is actually a bunch of whirlpools layered on top of each other considering the center does so much more damage.
    Console doesn't have it yet.

  5. #5
    New Member Cupidhead NarrowLedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2
    1
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes its quite annoying... It should be a challange, but no safe spot, I mean cmon?? Didn't even try nightmare mode, since the hard mode is difficult as it is.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,084
    6
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    I managed to beat draugr on hard several time after the patch and my response is that the whirpool it's now more of a menace when you screw up the finger part.
    Also, don't try bodyblock him anymore: he will push you away and reach the center of the ship anyway, adn what you'll earned is free damage on you and a very dangerous placement way too close to him.
    I can be a guardian angel

    or a rampaging demon

  7. #7
    New Member Cupidhead Oddyseywasnt balanced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Rep Power
    0
    I think its gotten to hard this is supposed to be for people with tier 1 items and maybe some tier 2 all its done is just made the slow grind at the start so much worse this game mode is straight up depressing without t3 lifesteal. Even going into normal mode with a fully stacked hunter only Cern has managed to do the whole thing. It sucks how they keep forcing players to play basically the same 3 gods with these changes. The last PvE event was so much better because basically every god was viable(depending on items) in the normal mode and you could still have a variety in hard but in this event its basically Cern, Anhur/AMC and Hel/Aphro only.

  8. #8
    New Member Cupidhead NarrowLedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2
    1
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddyseywasnt balanced View Post
    I think its gotten to hard this is supposed to be for people with tier 1 items and maybe some tier 2 all its done is just made the slow grind at the start so much worse this game mode is straight up depressing without t3 lifesteal. Even going into normal mode with a fully stacked hunter only Cern has managed to do the whole thing. It sucks how they keep forcing players to play basically the same 3 gods with these changes. The last PvE event was so much better because basically every god was viable(depending on items) in the normal mode and you could still have a variety in hard but in this event its basically Cern, Anhur/AMC and Hel/Aphro only.
    Yep couldn't agree more. I'll have to think long and hard if the grind is worth it ...

  9. #9
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Wildstreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    74
    1
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    1
    Draugr became more and more like the Nightmare Worm from Master x Master.

    After seeing that YouTube video saying which are the best gods to finish this adventure and how it said you had to play to a certain point then quit, restart with a different god list so often to beat the next part, I just stopped doing this adventure. Odyssey is so much more rewarding.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Honoured
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    829
    4
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Draugr became more and more like the Nightmare Worm from Master x Master.

    After seeing that YouTube video saying which are the best gods to finish this adventure and how it said you had to play to a certain point then quit, restart with a different god list so often to beat the next part, I just stopped doing this adventure. Odyssey is so much more rewarding.
    I don't understand, you can't pick up where you left off so why would which gods you can beat the mode with change? In the end, whichever team you want to beat Loki with is the team you want for the entire adventure....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •