Thread: Telkhines ring and Zeus

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Telkhines ring and Zeus

The other day in Arena, mind you, I was screamed at and ridiculed (and promptly muted the fool, but still) for building Telk on Zeus.

I find this silly, given that stack items like Thoth take so long to build a power spike if you can't own the lane, and in Arena you frequently can't. Whereas for 2400 w. Telk's you get:
    • 10% movement speed (fairly helpful on the least mobile mage besides anubis)
    • 130 Power (when 3 stacks in place, which is frequently on zeus, since his shield landing, and static charge both proc)

I've found it a fun piece to build early, especially if you plan to stay back line, and need to be ready for assassins to come for you. Just wondering why everyone poops on Telk's ring, it feels like a nice item if you are running an ability-based mage in the right mode. In a mode with a lane to own like CQ, Siege, Clash, Joust, I understand how Thoth rules.

Anyone else like it?
    M3mphisM3les

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Fafnir, Thanatos
    ~~~

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,176
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Telks is a great item for combo mages like Raijin for some cheap power. I only really use it outside of CQ because you'll need the secondary benefits that stacking items provide, like Thoth giving mana and and Warlock's health.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    In a normal game zeus is and disadvantage in that he needs a team to protect him form the assasin dive/snowball meta

Zeus is an easy target in a random team and i think items like this will increacse his survivability

That is unless they have a fenrir, daji or serq, then your gonna die 100% guarantees every 10sec when their combos is up

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Telk is fine on arena zeus to bad it aint get AS anymore though. However if u got it over smth like obsidian and enemy had tanks then yeah not the best choice

Member Follower
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The problem with telkhines ring is shamans ring is just better. The magic power + movespeed items for burst mages are nice though - get two move items and you can sell your boots. Hence it makes something like winged blade (to escape cripple + slows) instead of boots much more viable as you can build a magic power move item as well to keep movement speed.
    Last edited by DeathByDribbling; 11-28-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathByDribbling View Post
    The problem with telkhines ring is shamans ring is just better. The magic power + movespeed items for burst mages are nice though - get two move items and you can sell your boots. Hence it makes something like winged blade (to escape cripple + slows) instead of boots much more viable as you can build a magic power move item as well to keep movement speed.
    yeah and couple winged with gem and u are a tank. Mages are really flexible I like speedy mages myself, that is why I also got hasted on agni back in the day. I usually get shamans on zeus but I could totally see myself getting 1 or 2 more ms items on him just to bring back old memories if nothing more, to bad the fatalis ring ain't great, but telek+shamans why not if you can afford it.
    Rocking the boat

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Wait, is that a thing now?

Instead of boots get shaman + telk?

That could work on some mages, cool.
    ~Scylla: 10,000~
    ~Status: DDLC destroyed my heart and soul~
    ~Level: 120/160~
    IGN: Sayorí
    "̴H̴a̵p̷p̷y̷ ̵t̴h̴o̵u̵g̴h̵t̸s̴,̷ ̸h̷a̵p̸p̶y̶ ̷t̶h̷o̴u̸g̶h̴t̴s̶,̷ ̴h̴a̸p̸p̶y̷ ̷t̴h̷o̶u̵g̸h̸t̴s̸ ̶i̵n̴ ̶s̷h̶a̸r̵d̴s̶,̸ ̴a̵l̶l̷ ̸o̸v̸e̵r̸ ̸t̵h̶e̴ ̴f̴l̸o̶o̶r̵"̷ ~ Sayori

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,176
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Telks is perfectly fine right now because it's an item meant to help mages get online very early in modes outside of CQ at a cheap price

Shaman's is meant to round out their lategame burst
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Telks is perfectly fine right now because it's an item meant to help mages get online very early in modes outside of CQ at a cheap price

Shaman's is meant to round out their lategame burst
    This is how I've thought of it. I also like the movement speed coupling.
    M3mphisM3les

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Fafnir, Thanatos
    ~~~

Member Worshipper LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Wait, is that a thing now?

Instead of boots get shaman + telk?

That could work on some mages, cool.
    Quite common on Freya actually. You can go full Ring Queen on her and skip the boots.