Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Instalockers!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Simple question: yes, you can pick whatever you want. But then why lock?

Being a stubborn brat in choosing a god that's not the best for the comp (and then bming the team) is something. But instalocking goes beyond, it's not only dumb play, it's rude, a way of saying a big "I don't give a rat's ass about all of you".
    I dont care about my team comp i pick my comfort gods and carry but i dont bm them for my pick or anything
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Still no reason to lock.
    If someone is going to play a specific god regardless of what their team picks, such as playing Fenrir for an Odyssey quest, why wouldn't they lock in? How else are you supposed to let your team know"I'm not changing my god"? Locking in and not changing to benefit the team are the same exact thing. Personally, I'd want to know they aren't going to change than rely on them to adjust only to have them stick with their poor pick. One let's your team know about the situation, the other leaves it a mystery.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 520
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    if instalocking should be reportable, killstealing should be reportable aswell. im not talking about kill securing, when enemy gonna survive gank or teamfight and you finish him to get strategical advantage. im talking about killstealing, when you do all the job and your teammate like " wow, free kill", hit 1 aa and geting your kill.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Still no reason to lock.
    Nobody need's reason to do it, its how game was created, if HR would want to prevent it then they would done Ban and Pick phase in every mode instead "who is faster then wins".

From my perspective, I would not lose more time to do one quest which is worth 1/7 of random reward. I have better things to do.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    if instalocking should be reportable, killstealing should be reportable aswell. im not talking about kill securing, when enemy gonna survive gank or teamfight and you finish him to get strategical advantage. im talking about killstealing, when you do all the job and your teammate like " wow, free kill", hit 1 aa and geting your kill.
    I never liked people complaining about killstealing. For several reasons:

1) its a teameffort
    2) there is a very fine line between kill steal and kills securing. If you take the kill on low health enemy, you never know if you're teammate woudl have secured it
    3) it is better to have the assist and the enemy dies than to let him escape
    4) in many cases, it doesnt matter who gets the kill. You can only say that the support shouldn't get all the kills. But if one of the other roles gets the kill and you get the assist, is that so much worse for the team?
    5) in many cases people aren't on voice comms together. In that case you never know whether the other guy will be able to secure that kill. If you are an adc on voice comms and you call: let me kill it and the support ignores you maybe thats a killsteal.
    6) when complaining about killstealing people often forget to take into account dot damage
    7) in arena it doesnt matter at all who gets the kill. You can be 11/0/0 or 0/0/11 and your level difference is going to be negligable.

Usually people complaining about killsteal is about their personal ego and not about whats best for the team.

I main support and I try to give as many kills as possible to my carry. As a consequence, you wouldn't believe how many kills have escaped who would have been killed with one basic just because I was waiting for the carry to come through. So in some cases I will wait for the carry to finish the job and in other cases I will just finish the job. For example if its a low health sylvanus alone in the jungle, then I will give the adc more time to make the kill. If its an izanami near her tower with possible her escape comming up, I'll put as much damage on her as I can. And maybe in some cases, the line between should I kill or should I wait for adc is much less clear. Maybe I will make a mistake taking the kill when I shouldve have waited. But thats a judgement call that I take in good faith for the benefit of the team. If I make the wrong decision its part of the way the game should be played.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    If it's casual conquest then I usually wonder why they insterlock, which then leads me to think are they going to surrender at 5 mins in or do they even know how to play conquest. This is why conquest becomes unplayable and why I never que it

In a clash, joust, arena, siege it's to be expected and I've often insterlocked a God that I want to play in these game modes.. The fact of the matter is, I play support but want to learn another god outside of supp or play a non supp god I will, I will also play it bad as I've only tried it out in practice mode first. At level 129 I haven't even mastered all gods. This is due to everyone insterlocking gods or picking whatever and I just fill with support.

I like support but regardless of the team comp I will sometimes pick an assasin I like or a Mage just because I want to play them.. You have to realise that not everyone in casuals is spl pro.. Some might like a god, want to play it but be bad at it. If they are not feeding on purpose, not diving in to die and being silly then it's all good
    Last edited by commandoo; 12-06-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    I like turtles

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlasfailed View Post
    1) its a teameffort
    2) there is a very fine line between kill steal and kills securing. If you take the kill on low health enemy, you never know if you're teammate woudl have secured it
    3) it is better to have the assist and the enemy dies than to let him escape
    4) in many cases, it doesnt matter who gets the kill. You can only say that the support shouldn't get all the kills. But if one of the other roles gets the kill and you get the assist, is that so much worse for the team?
    5) in many cases people aren't on voice comms together. In that case you never know whether the other guy will be able to secure that kill. If you are an adc on voice comms and you call: let me kill it and the support ignores you maybe thats a killsteal.
    6) when complaining about killstealing people often forget to take into account dot damage
    7) in arena it doesnt matter at all who gets the kill. You can be 11/0/0 or 0/0/11 and your level difference is going to be negligable.
    can you even read?

1) i said what exact situation i mean, when im talking about killstealing. when low hp enemy can escape and someone finish him it is killsecuring. but there are situations, when low hp enemy can't escape and you can 100% finish him by yourself, if your teammate finish him in this case, this IS killstealing. and no, in this case this is not team effort, in this case its your personal effort and scumy behavior of your teammate...
    2) not realy, sometimes there is clear difference betwin kill securing and kill stealing. for example, your enemy is immobile god at low hp and out of mana/all abilities on cd and have no place to run away(lets say you stand betwin him and his tower). if the rest of his team are busy, there is no way he can survive(unless you are fkn blind and can't hit all your aa and/or abilities). if some of your teammates came from the jungle and hit him once and get a kill, this is obvious killstealing. and such behavior should be reportable.
    3) again, it is better to have a kill, than assist. if enemy can survive, no problem, he needs to be killed, no matter who get the kill. but if enemy gonna die anyway, a guy who worked for this kill should get this kill. the main question here is "is it necessary to secure this kill, or your teammate can do it by himself?". there are ppl sho never ask themself this question, they are ppl called killstealers.
    4) in some cases it matters who get the kill. early game for example. your mid laner in 0/1 kd and behind in lvl and your ADC is 2/0 kd and ahead, you gonna kill enemy mid laner, who better to get this kill? answer is obvious here - mid laner, because it is better to have mid at same lvl and gold and ADC slightly ahead, than ADC ahead and mid behind. at least in second case you not gonna lose mid lane...
    5) watch above. if your ADC/jungler takes all kills from your mid or solo laner, all you gonna see is your mid/solo lane gonna gert destroyed. it doesn't matter can you communicate or not, this is common sence. you sould understand, that its better to be 5/2 and win the match, than be 10/2 and lose the match, due to losing some of your lanes, because you put your teammates behind by you so called "killsecuring".
    6) there is not that much gods with DoT damage and im not talking about them, in this case this is not their fault.
    7) no, it matters. i can remember a several matches, when i carryed match by far, like i have player damage close to total damage of my reast teammates. once in arena i did 53k player damage, while rest 4 of my team did 58k together, so i alone did nearly half of totalt team damage. know what is funny? i went 3/7/26, my support went 5/2/14, one of my team went 11/3/9... should i say how much killstealers i had in my team(the right answer is 4...)? don't tell me there is no such thing as killstealing...
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Atlasfailed's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    The point was that while you think maybe someone was killstealing, maybe in his mind he was kill securing. How can you prove that you would have gotten that kill without the assistance of the killstealer? How can the other guy know that you would have gotten the killing blow and not let the enemy escape?

And even it is a mistake to take the kill, why would you make that mistake reportable? People are making mistakes all the time while playing. You would need to prove clear malice and the deliberate intention to decrease your team's chances to win. Something you can never do.

Another example: I was a khepri chasing the enemy adc with 50hp left together with my adc (artemis). I use my 3 to stop him and the damage kills him. The artemis gets upset about ks. A bit later the same scenario. This time I hold back, the artemis misses the next 3 basics and the guy escapes.

Complaining about killstealing is complaining about a hypothetical. You claim that you would have gotten that kill, but you might as well have missed all you basics and abilities.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlasfailed View Post
    The point was that while you think maybe someone was killstealing, maybe in his mind he was kill securing. How can you prove that you would have gotten that kill without the assistance of the killstealer? How can the other guy know that you would have gotten the killing blow and not let the enemy escape?

And even it is a mistake to take the kill, why would you make that mistake reportable? People are making mistakes all the time while playing. You would need to prove clear malice and the deliberate intention to decrease your team's chances to win. Something you can never do.

Another example: I was a khepri chasing the enemy adc with 50hp left together with my adc (artemis). I use my 3 to stop him and the damage kills him. The artemis gets upset about ks. A bit later the same scenario. This time I hold back, the artemis misses the next 3 basics and the guy escapes.

Complaining about killstealing is complaining about a hypothetical. You claim that you would have gotten that kill, but you might as well have missed all you basics and abilities.
    i said it once and i will again, there is huge difference betwin intended killstealing and mistakes. when you fight 1v1 with someone on your lane and your teammate walking somewhere in jungle and don't even try to help you, then come and deal that last aa or ability hit, this is intended steal. when you alone put down Kumbhakarna and he didn't die, due to his passive, and you just have to hit those several times to get him, anyone who get this kill instead of you in this case is obvious killstealer(exception is when you play a god with slow af aa).

im not talking about mistakes, kill securing or DoT damage, im talking about situations when killstealing is obvious and clearly intended. such behavior should be reportable aswell.

same with instalocking, how can you know they instalock on purpose? it may be a missclick, a guy wanted to change his skin, for example...
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't think instalocking or kill stealing should ever be reportable.