Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Instalockers!

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbiter View Post
    I see complaints about instalocking coming up more frequently.
    In more and more matches I see people just huddle under their towers, waiting for "muh lategame".
    People use terms like "Tanks" instead of guardian and likely expect them to be nothing but damage sponges.
    A few days ago I witnessed two people picking a god in the same role and one of them wrote "First" as an argument.
    Accusations of killstealing increase in number.

Are we getting invaded by LoLtards?
    Yes we are

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Simple question: yes, you can pick whatever you want. But then why lock?

Being a stubborn brat in choosing a god that's not the best for the comp (and then bming the team) is something. But instalocking goes beyond, it's not only dumb play, it's rude, a way of saying a big "I don't give a rat's ass about all of you".
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 12-02-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Simple question: yes, you can pick whatever you want. But then why lock?

Being a stubborn brat in choosing a god that's not the best for the comp (and then bming the team) is something. But instalocking goes beyond, it's not only dumb play, it's rude, a way of saying a big "I don't give a rat's ass to all of you".
    Cause thats how game kind of force you to do it by "Play X god" or "Play X mode" quests even if you hate it.
    In other words game itself make it more toxic than normally.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    This. The problem is that people instalock and tell you that you have to fill, and then it turns out that they are absolute ass at the god they instalocked. It can and will cause the loss of a game in so many cases.

You can just pick whatever you wanted to be, but then they'll BM you the whole game and probably message you being a dipshit, which turns into a reportable situation regardless.
    this instalocking is not a problem but demanding others to go some other class after they have picked is a problem even then its not reportable

Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Cause thats how game kind of force you to do it by "Play X god" or "Play X mode" quests even if you hate it.
    i agree with this the quests like play a warrior play a guardian or play 1 match or kill the fire giant just creates toxicity and losing matches people are forced to play a class or play a game mode which they dont like or have no idea how to making them instalock a god to complete a quest they be like "oh im guardian idc if we win or lose i just want to complete a match with a guardian but you guys can have fun i guess"
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    this instalocking is not a problem but demanding others to go some other class after they have picked is a problem even then its not reportable
    Exactly this.

be like "oh im guardian idc if we win or lose i just want to complete a match with a guardian but you guys can have fun i guess"
    I cant blame it, I do it all the time for having quest done ASAP and start playing god/mode which I really want.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    My favorite is when you get the instalock that then tells you to bring the class they want you to bring. All I can stomach of playing in this game anymore is Joust with my bf so when that happens to us, we laugh over mics and lock in the exact same class as the instalock and when they complain tell them it's what they deserve for being selfish themselves.
    No time to waste on moronic trolls. Enjoy your ignore list placement and go find someone else to throw your stupidity at. Lmao.
    To whatever person gave me neg rep with a whiny comment, at least have the balls to say it in a way your name shows. Coward.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    I cant blame it, I do it all the time for having quest done ASAP and start playing god/mode which I really want.
    i do it all the time too gotta complete quests to get odyssey points and sometimes i end up having to pick a god i either dont like or dont know how to play
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Exactly this.

I also focus on quests first.

What I don't get is, if you know you are going to be a specific god no matter what, why WOULDNT you instalock? At least then your team is aware that you won't change your pick regardless of how the team comp looks. I'd be much note annoyed if someone hovered over a mage but didn't lock in, then when someone else locks in as mage instead they don't adjust. Like, what is the point in waiting at all if you aren't going to be accommodating.

As for everyone locking into the same class, that should most definitely not be reportable. Even in ranked, if everyone else locks in and a support role is the only thing left, you shouldn't be forced by penalty of ban to fill the role. Especially considering there isnt only 1 viable comp in the first place. Not everyone is going to copy whatever the current meta is, and they certainly aren't going to be on the same page with a bunch of random people. You need some communication for that.

Now if they are simply trolling, not just with their pick but in the match as well, that is already a reportable offense.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsoyan View Post
    There should be option when reporting "Instalocking" seriously...
    Had match where 4 mages instalocked
    I mean okay if it were new players who don't know game yet and usually instalock, but lvl 100-160 instalocking...
    First was Ah puch instalocked in a second we entered the lobby, 2 seconds later scylla locked in, few seconds later raijin locked in then right after him sol, I mean they clearly saw there were 2 mages already yet they proceeded to lock in, it should be "reportable"
    Looks like a protest tbh - the first insta-locked and annoyed the person who wanted to play mage. They might have been willing to switch but not for an insta-locker, so they lock in. The last two see the game is already stuffed so lock in mages too as their way of saying this is stupid so I'm not going to try. So it all comes down to that initial insta-locker tilting the rest of the team. The big problem is if you can't then quit after 10m - often two are so tilted they refuse to surrender as that's their way of making everyone suffer.
    Last edited by DeathByDribbling; 12-01-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Still no reason to lock.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here