Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How and why can this happen ? Matchmaker is totally fail.

Junior Member Cupidhead DDleMaso's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Angry How and why can this happen ? Matchmaker is totally fail.

OK here is a match i just had, in which i was hades :

Let's do some math :
    Average enemy team level :
    (119 + 126 + 66 + 111 + 120)/5 = 108
    My team average level :
    (108 + 89 + 89 + 85 + 48)/5 = 83

Average ELO :
    Enemy : (1.686 + 1.938 + 1.831 + 1.753 + 2.183)/5 = 1878
    My team : (1.827 +1.657 + 1.688 + 1.640 + 1.494)/5 = 1660

So basically, how a team composed of 2 premades parties, certainly on discord or anything like, with an everage level of 108 and ELO 1900 can end up against 5 solo queue, average level of 83 ELO 1650 ? Arent there a problem out there ?

In our team, bakasura had an assassin and rerolled (no luck though), artemis had an assassin and rerolled, so as i was having a hunter, i rerolled and got hades.
    AS i was the only magical i began thinking i'd go full damage. But here it goes, guan refuse to speak, and refuse to take auras... ravana takes urchin... nice beginning.

I bait anubis ulti succesfully, and use ult right after cupid used his 3, so he cannot escape, at this point, everyone is nearly full life, and i grabbed everyone in ult.
    Guess what happened ? bellona used ult to get out, ALL my team focused her, i died without any assistance, and they died one after another.
    Of course i called every action and before engage "VVVR" "VSAA" "VVVF"
    After that first wipe, let's go defending.
    AS you'll can see, i'm top damage, top mitigated (and top heal while we had a guan in the team -_-'), but of course i have NO kill at all, because that kind of team just wait and keep her DPS to get a kill on a low life, i mean, when you see 4 ppl ulting and being killed by chasing the guan you just put to 15%hp while defending the tower... it's sick.

How can this ever happen ??? what is wrong with the matchmaker ??? i'm getting bored to end up with trash players, that buid trash, that play trash, and just swear by the KDA. I tried to carry this game, but there was no way to do it.

Seriously, i'd rather wait 15 minutes the matchmaker to find a team than playing in such conditions, hirez MUST do something, at least try to put up balanced team according to the level.

And still the system need to be improved by a LOT, like rating each player after each match like :
    build effectiveness : (a note over 5 stars)
    teamplay : (a note over 5 stars)
    behavior : (a note over 5 stars)
    ... etc
    Put the player that have similar ratings together, let the toxic or bad players together, and let the goodwilled and fairplay together. The toxic players will NEVER get better by spreading their toxicity, it'll just get nicer player to become toxic, stop the disease spreading now or watch your game die.
    I've met low level players that were amazing, not for the playstyle, because they were noob, but np, they were polite and open to advices, only this kind of rating can separate the belligerent and the goodwilled people, and only the second category will become better player.

Really hirez, your matchmaking is a shame, i've lost a lot of friends that left smite for that, and i'll soon follow, simply because it's unbearable. Some people will answer "party with friends", yay, but no, my friends are back to LoL and i'd like to enjoy smite yet, and a little improvement could make it really better.
    Improve the matchmaker, add a rating system and it'll give a long term to smite.
    Thanks, even if i doubt any hirez employee will read or care about what i say.

Edit : i took an assault game as example but of course this kind of matchmaking happened to me in all modes.
    Last edited by DDleMaso; 11-19-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: PS

Senior Member Honoured SkinnydreaD's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Mate, as someone who plays assault almost exclusively I can tell there's nothing special in your match.

And yes, matchmaking is awful, everybody knows it, and nothing will ever be changed.

Achievements:
    as i've mentioned at the very end, it happens in all game mode...

Saying things will never change is the best way to have them unchanged.
    Things WILL change, it's just a matter of time, or the game will simply die as they won't be able to reach the money needed to sustain the game only with their pro league, they must do something for the casuals and the soloers as they are like 90% of the overall community.
    Some things changed already, look at assault, they forced the two sides to have a healer, either there is no healer, either there is one on each side. One or 2 years ago it wasn't like that.
    Actually the community is getting discouraged and disgusted because they feel they are ignored, as hirez just care about their f*cking useless championship, adventures, and pack/skins to get money.
    But some pressure from the community on them will make the things move faster than just saying nothing will change. If every player was coming there to tell them what's going wrong in the game instead of being passive victims complaining alone, things would already have changed.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I once had a team full of brand new players under level 20 (except for myself, level 90) vs a full premade of people twice my level.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    Or twice my playtime anyway - idk if the levels even go that high.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    This is not a bad matchmaking

When u are 5/5 and the rest of your team is 3/15 we are talking

And i have proof that there is min. difference in matchmaking between a new player and a player over lvl 100

New players will get utterly destroyed in all their first games they que for and are better off playing with bots instead of trying to learn the game
    The matchmaking at lower level is insane and you will never acutally be able to do anything
    You will get reported and flamed and you will feed 100% guaranteed every match

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    What OP has described is happening everyday to me (in Assault). Matchmaking doesn't exist.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BleuPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Specific to this case MATCH ID: 374725047 NORMAL ASSAULT, below are my understanding :

1. This NORMAL ASSAULT match took place on our European server. You should be aware that there are 24 official language in EU alone. Guan Yu Solo was from an Eastern European country and may not speak English. Smite's Matchmaking Rating (MMR) does not take into consideration of a player's language and ability/inability to communicate with his/her team. A limitation of MMR.

2. However, the MMR is well aware of Party 1 (2 friends) and Party 2 (3 Clan mates). You might ask, why does MMR pairs up 2+3 vs 1+1+1+1+1 ?

- MMR will not actively seek to pair up party vs party if there is 3 or less members in a party. Only when you have a party consisting of 4 or 5 members, will MMR actively seek another party for your opposing team. Thus, be careful when forming large parties (above 3 members), you might be facing against a party of 5 members, from the same clan, with Discord and with many hours of playing together.

- MMR will also factor in a Synergy for Party 1 and Party 2; MMR assumes because they are in parties, they will perform better than in solo. However, I suspect the Synergy which MMR allocated was not enough to outweigh the MMR's expectation of your performance in this match. You alone have 1,461 matches of NORMAL ASSAULT experience, almost as much as entire opposing team of 1,511. In short MMR predicted with your massive experience with NORMAL ASSAULT, you and your team would overcome the Party Synergies which exist i.e. MMR expected you to carry your team.

- You might be prepared to wait 15 minutes for a match, but MMR is not. The longer you are in a Queue, the less strict MMR is when it comes to abiding by its own conditions. With a long wait of 15 minutes, MMR will simply pick any random player regardless of skill level just to get the match going. You might end up with a lvl 5 player in your team. End your queue after 2:30 and re-queue if you want to force the MMR to remain strict. There is no guarantee, especially if you are playing during OFF PEAK hours, there may be no other players around your skill level online queuing for NORMAL ASSAULT or if the server population is simply not big enough (example: OCEANIA or SOUTH EAST ASIA)

3. That is no ordinary Cupid. He is a RANKED PLATINUM DUEL player, which would help explain 20 Kills 1 Deaths and 5 Assists and he was lvl 17 while everyone else in your team was between lvl 9 and lvl 13. With a lead of 4 - 8 levels, it's no wonder the match ended within 8 minutes into the match. MMR did not take into consideration of Cupid's PLATINUM RANKING (DUEL) or Anubis's GOLD RANKING (DUEL). In short, a PLATINUM RANKED Cupid carried the opposing team to Victory.

source: https://www.smitegame.com/news/matchmaking-faq
    Last edited by BleuPrince; 11-20-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Achievements:
    Soooo what you are basically telling me it's that i was right, it's totally fail ?

1- if the game is translated to different languages it should be taken in consideration, i'm french, still my game is in english because the items name and actions require to be able to speak with your mates. It's a social online game, not solo.

2 - Assault is simply teamplay with constant fight, you don't need 2K match to learn the mechanics, once you did 30 matches (even less i'd say) you are already totally aware of how it works... And as you have random gods you can't carry everytime and even less anyone. The MMR ignore such a skilled player as cupid because he isn't playing assault too much ? fail. In fact cupid havent carried his team, their guan and bellona did, if we can call that like this, as my team haven't even tried to hit any other gods than these two.
    I am canceling the queue and re-queue every 60 seconds now, but this shit keeps happening to me.

Since the new matchmaker algo my assaults matches ares getting worst and worst, like if i've been thrown into a blackhole of lobotomized 12years olds egocentric ragers players, being passive waiting a last hit to get a kill, or constantly pushing under enemy tower killing minions so far that most of team doesn't get exp, swearing only by KDA "hey you suck i'll report you for feeding, because you have 1/8 and i have 10/3", forgeting that i am top damage with 40k damage and he is 6k), or being reported because you suggest to your only tank that taking breasplate of valor against 5 magical isn't the best choice, or that he could do something instead of just waiting under tower until i die defending it with a squishy mage, to finally jump in when enemies have 15% hp left.

This whole system favors and promote the bad behaviors and wrong way to play, the olds calm players teamplaying, like me, are leaving more and more, and the toxic ragers teens are welcome, but they will never stay for long as they can't bear to be with people acting like them.
    Last edited by DDleMaso; 12-14-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    This is like the 100,000,000 matchmaking sucks thread. I've made a few myself.

I'm level 134 and still get matched with level 6 and level 60 players. I don't check often but when I do, it's because they do so terrible I have to look.

Not building pen seems to be the latest play. Apparently newer players hate building that shit.