Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pros are not the one deciding ballancing

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person

Pros are not the one deciding ballancing

Ive heard this a thousand times and I cant belive you all are so blind to the truth that Smite is a game with two sides Normal and Proscene

Every time people refere to an item change or a god change they talk about what is the Pros opinion on the matter

Im gonna make it clear...... Prosecene is a totally different game than casual smite
    1.They are insanley good and talented players
    2.They are a 5 man team who plays together on a regular basis and know eachothers playstyle, con and pros
    3.They train on different scenarios, communication, mechanic, scenarios etc.

Normals are random people put together for the first time, with totall stranger and you have no idea about their con and pros and you dont know what to expect from people

This reason is why certain gods and items are prefered over others in normal vs proscene:
    Kali, arachne, baka, loki, and all other gods that goes 20/5 in every normal game... are gods that can could consider op cause they are made to destroy normal games by taking the advantage of normals being a random team put together with people on different skill level who doesnt know how to deal with snowballing and cant adapt to the situation

Proscene in other hands, can do whatever they want, because they are 5 people with strategy training and experts helping them in their decissions and training:
    Gods like zeus, hebo, jing wei suddently out of nowhere gets played in Proscene as a result of team dynamic and coordination, even though they are rarely played in any normal gamemode for example

Its true that the pros can give a clue to how a certain character would work under maximall conditions ans that is why we see neerfs and buff
    Usually these buffs are concering gods that people have been frustrated over how broken they are for weeks and finally decide to do something about it
    But you didnt need pros opinion on any of these gods as normal people have bin crying their eyes out for weeks and sometimes months before hirez decided to make some change

Some characters are optimal to be played divided between normals and proscene and even there some gods are utterly usless in the conquest map and can more or less only do fine in the "Fun" game modes

The point is that because the pros say someone is good or not have sometimes little vallue to us.
    We dont play like they do and therefore are their assumptions incorrect about a lot of things:
    Loki is a character that is considered bad, but quite often in normals he ends up being considerable fed and doing a lot of job, because of peoples expecations about Loki heard from pros, they will flame eachother for losing to Loki. This reminds me of me of Kali, she is a character with little playtime in proscene, but she doesnt have a bad reputation as everyone knows that she can and will wipe out your entire team when she have the chance in normals
    Last edited by Glorfindal; 11-19-2017 at 06:06 AM.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Loki has been played in pros and most of the time when he pops up he poops on everyone.

Example: watch the spl fall split most wanted vs team envyus.(Loki basicly carried the game)

And he was split pushing while the *pros* were chasing him around like some bronze players.

They aren't bad, loki is just good.

So yea pros do have a say so in balance sense there a example of what will happen in a well coordinated game.

And in normals most of the time team mates are bone headed and prideful and listening to someone else who is clearly out performing them makes them feel belittled. So there goes coordination, if they balanced gods only based on normals, balanced gods would get nerfed.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    Loki has been played in pros and most of the time when he pops up he poops on everyone.

Example: watch the spl fall split most wanted vs team envyus.(Loki basicly carried the game)

And he was split pushing while the *pros* were chasing him around like some bronze players.

So yea pros do have a say so in balance sense there a example of what will happen in a well coordinated game.

And in normals most of the time team mates are bone headed and prideful and listening to someone else who is clearly out performing them makes them feel belittled. So there goes coordination, if they balanced gods only based on normals, balanced gods would get nerfed.
    a single match doesnt really clear a dozen more where he sucked ass and got rekt. so no, hes far from good. or viable. or logical. just like when you contradicted yourself when you just said "like bronze players" and "theyre not bad, loki is just good".

to the thread, pros do have a say in balance.
    Last edited by zecleria; 11-19-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    a single match doesnt really clear a dozen more where he sucked ass and got rekt. so no, hes far from good. or viable. or logical. just like when you contradicted yourself when you just said "like bronze players" and "theyre not bad, loki is just good".

to the thread, pros do have a say in balance.
    Don't speak unless you do your research see you always respond to me when you have no clue with wtf your talking about most of the time loki has shown up in spl games he rekts

And when I said bronze players I didn't mean literally it was figurative.

Bad gods aren't gonna be carrying in spl games. If loki was so easy to counter and only noobs lose to him he wouldn't be carrying in spl games. Not to mention his win rates in ranked games.

All evidence points to loki being good. You have no evidence of him being bad. So quit trolling and trying to uphold a argument you have 0 proof of.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Yea Loki and his yearly X-Box game of the season.

Wow how impressive.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    He's only been in 2 games within somewhat recent history, and in only one of those did he not suck. Hell, he didn't even carry, he just went positive; his team carried him, and the enemy team didn't do shit to stop him.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Don't speak unless you do your research see you always respond to me when you have no clue with wtf your talking about most of the time loki has shown up in spl games he rekts

"most of the time". pls go and watch the spl matches. he doesnt do jack shit where it matters. i know what im talking about a good part of the time unlike you.

And when I said bronze players I didn't mean literally it was figurative.

suuuuuuuuure you didnt.

Bad gods aren't gonna be carrying in spl games. If loki was so easy to counter and only noobs lose to him he wouldn't be carrying in spl games. Not to mention his win rates in ranked games.

he doesnt carry in spl matches tho. thats pretty far from truth. there are a hundred matches where he feeds his brains out compared to where he does good. that is, if he ever gets picked cus pros know how bad he is. and if that "good" is not done on pc its irrelevant.

All evidence points to loki being good. You have no evidence of him being bad. So quit trolling and trying to uphold a argument you have 0 proof of.

i'd suggest you to learn what "evidence" is for there isnt a single one pointing to that. actual spl records clearly show that hes massively underwhelming. his winrate is underwhelming even with all the pubstomps he does. so yeah.
    but ofc all this is trolling for you since you dont seem to have a brain that can comprehend facts since youre a bit busy with something i dont think mods would approve of me to say.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Senior Member Chosen Darkfire47's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran

We don't need another thread to devolve and derail to talking about loki, there already is a thread for that.

The pros themselves have a reputation for being bad themselves sometimes. By bad i mean building no antiheal, or maybe 1 pestilence vs a hel then complaining that her healing is op and needs to be nerfed.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    I mean, you're right, we play at a different level from the pros.

But as HiRez CAPSLOCK stated himself in the Discord, a majority of the balance is taken from pro perspectives, so they are quite literally the ones deciding balance.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire47 View Post
    We don't need another thread to devolve and derail to talking about loki, there already is a thread for that.

The pros themselves have a reputation for being bad themselves sometimes. By bad i mean building no antiheal, or maybe 1 pestilence vs a hel then complaining that her healing is op and needs to be nerfed.
    Why confront me about derailing the thread when my first comment was in dirrect response to OP and was on topic. Zecleria like always is always on a mission to derail a thread about a god. If you scroll up you can clearly see he derailed tf out the thread to a loki thread just because I used loki as a example in response to the OP.

He a troll.