Thread: list of things hirez should add.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Lightbulb list of things hirez should add.

K, I'm gonna suck leagues dick here so if you don't want to hear it click off the page. Anyway introducing a couple of systems that League has would GREATLY increase the quality of ranked conquest games.

Queuing for roles / pre selecting the roles you would like to play

So many times in my games I've had people just lock whatever they feel without giving a fuck about the team and going wherever on the map. I feel like having roles assigned to you would stop most of what I just said, I've RARELY seen someone just lock a champion and go wherever they choose in league and I've played well over 1000 games of ranked. When joining the queue you should be prompted with a menu containing all the roles (mid, adc, jungle, solo, support, and fill), in league if you get a role that you didn't want (getting auto filled) they have something called autofill protection which will grant you one of your two selected roles this would be pretty nice to add if a feature like this is added.

Proper matchmaking.

It's obvious that the current state of matchmaking is fucked, if you don't believe me? Look at the match states for some pro players that stream like incon or wolfy. They get placed with players of a MUCH lower level than them we're talking 1 or even 2 tiers. For example this match (picture if the url goes bad)wolfy gets placed with a gold player on his and the other team at MASTERS, that's 3 tiers lower than him (I'd also like to mention that there's also a gold 5 that's almost silver...?). It's clearly broken.

As it stands I'm gold 1 in league and I rarely see people > 3 divisions than me even late at night, I also believe players cannot queue ranked with someone > 3 divisions above them. I feel like that's a pretty good system in place to stop people from inflating their ranks. Just look at the screenshot or link i put earlier that diamond 2 serqet is queued with a geb that is platinum 3. Now I understand friends want to queue together but 1 it probably fucks with the matchmaking and 2 it's almost like you're boosting them, Serqet gets lower tiered players to play against to increase the chance she'll 1vs9 and geb gets free wins & TP/ranks. a decent fix to this would be players are unable to be queued and matched with players > 3 ~ 4 ranks unbalancing the game. I'm sure people will complain about the wait but it would probably decrease the amount of stressed ranked games cause due to games sometimes becoming a 1vs9 or 4vs5.

couple of other things. Could we also see a system that csgo has I believe it's called max acceptable ping, like only search for servers with <= the ping you selected. Could we have separate servers for players that do not speak the same language as we do? Voice chat and communicating in general to a player that doesn't even understand the language you're speaking is very difficult and it's almost like having 1 less player on your team.

A proper jungle.

As it stands the current jungle and map is pretty small... I feel like this encourages what I call the "Leech meta" where the mid follows the jungler throughout the jungle between waves to maximize the amount of xp the jungler and mid laner has. In a recent patchnotes it was noted that the map would possibly see a 20% increase in size in season 5, imo this wouldn't change this all it would do is increase the time it takes to gank lanes (which I'm not against). In league the buff camps used to look as they do now with 3 minions but now there's only 1, I think this is a good idea but also increasing the difficulty of the camp would be nice too. Another idea would be only awarding the xp, gold & buff to whoever last hits the buff. Making the buff harder early game and only awarding the xp, gold, and buff to the player who completes it would not only separate the mid laner from the jungler early game but also put HOG back into the meta. Also more camps should be added.

with some of these jungle changes a few items would need to see a changes aswell, I believe in league the damage on camps with smite scales from 390-1000 based on level something like this is nice as it adds less randomness to doing objectives if you can smite the objective at 1k health and get out, but this also adds the ability for the jungler to steal objectives like in season 3 when people would jump in and steal it. I'm not completely against jumping in and stealing but since this takes up an item slot it's also pretty risky to do (I'll talk more about later in the wall of text). Having a HOG that is also upgradeable would be pretty nice but not through the store but an item like bumbas mask. What I mean is junglers usually buy one of these two items Hunter's Machete or Hunter's Talisman which can be built into items which will upgrade smite with something added onto it I'm not going into but you can follow the links to learn more. Also HOG should heal you from camps and no bumbas mask, and bumbas should only be available if you get HOG like in League with smite. It actually annoys me the fact everyone gets bumbas because of the healing and gold.

Fire Giant and Gold Fury needs to see some changes. Fire Giant is too weak, it has no health and practically does no damage late game, this allows gods like mercury to solo the thing lol. Simple fix is scale the health and damage more to the point where it almost REQUIRES a tank or more than 2 people to do it. Closing off the Fire Giant and Gold Fury would pretty much stop the dancing we see around the buff for sometimes like 2 minutes. It would also make jumping in against the opposing team and using HOG against it almost stupid depending if your team needs it since it's pretty much a death sentence. In league there's only 1 way to get into the camp and one way out without having to use movement abilities. Gold Fury's damage and health is fine imo.

Adding brushes would be nice since ganking someone that has wards and actually looks at their map is nearly impossible unless they extend too far. It would increase complexity of ganks / rotations to try and stay out of enemy vision.

Making getting the last hit on creeps important as it stands I could pretty much achieve the same level and nearly the same amount of gold that someone that last hit's all the minions, while only last hitting half of them. Show CS numbers from camp and creep kills, and make it so gold is only awarded to players that last hit the creeps, buff watchers to output more gold to account for this change. This also would allow you to almost track the movement of the enemy jungler based on CS numbers. This junglers the option to invade camps the other jungler hasn't cleared based on CS numbers idk just an idea.

Just some misc stuff.

Item actives? Magi's Blessing is next to useless if you just get silenced by someone like Ganesha for half a second. make it activatable like beads? Item actives would be like for example Shift + 1-6, having the ability to rearrange your items would also make using this less of a pain.

Different types of pings?

So, Fire Giant should give fire creeps to whoever kills it for the buff duration instead. This would replace killing the Phoenix for the fire creeps, and instead should give a new type of buffed creeps but said creeps should be weaker than the creeps that get spawned after killing the Fire Giant.

Last is just an idea, since the phoenixes are essentially respawning towers I feel like their damage should be reduced the more times you kill it, I've had games that have gone on for way longer than they should have because of the other team just sitting under it the entire game, maybe scale it's damage down by 25% each time you kill it down to a max of 50%?

something I forgot to bring up is the ban system. I understand smite isn't doing that well and banning out players isn't something you guys want to do but I needs to be done. Bans rarely happen and if they do happen they aren't harsh enough. Personally I've been banned before for griefing a match which I feel is just but I had to do quite a lot to get that ban... I had to pretty much get reported by a lot of players over the course of a couple of games like 3 and I received a 7 day ban (I think). IMO that's pretty stupid and I should have been banned after the first game. In League if you tell someone "kys" and they report that or other teammates do you'll get a ban for like 14 days for being unsportsmanlike conduct almost immediately I remember I did that and I got a 14 day ban almost instantly, we're talking like in the lobby of the game after. I'm pretty reformed now but the point needs to be made that the current ban system is too easy on players. The system should be automated (which I think it partly is) but every report should be looked into either by human or machine (<- that one) and be harsher on players, you receive a warning if you're being toxic or feeding, you're given a pass that gives people the idea they can do it again if they're just going to get warned (I got this message like 2 times before I was banned). The bot that looks at report should look at a list of factors like chat, item buys and time spent in spawn, pings, and vgs just to name a few. I hate having toxic players in my game that do nothing but bm, I hate it so much I have a legitimate list of currently 67 players, that I just mute and tell my teammates to mute because they're overly toxic. Just recently I had a player called "r1p1np3pp3ron1s" that just called our teammates a faggot and ect over the mic after our teammates asked him to do something lol, and unfortunately he started to int and received no punishment. Shit like that really ticks me off because he's just going to do it in another game and piss off more people and make them want to quit the game. Shit like this is what has made me like smite less and less and move over to a game like league that doesn't really have any of this, and before you say "just go play league then" I wont because I like this game too much. It just saddens me to see shit like that happen.

I don't want smite to copy league because I like the fact it's unique but Hirez seriously needs to look at some of these.

Anyway these are just some ideas I had while comparing smite gameplay to leagues. Also I started writing this at around 7 am so don't flame me if there's spelling mistakes, I'm tired.
    Last edited by CharlesL; 11-15-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Achievements:
    http://smite.guru/match/pc/373819705 (http://puu.sh/ymzot/c47d5893a6.png) here's a game I just played, 6/10 were below gold, 2/10 were gold, 2/10 were plat, I'm plat 2 and I got matched up with a bronze 5 player. The matchmaking system is busted and I don't care what hirez's copy and paste response is, there is NO REASON why I should be matched up with a bronze 5 player in platinum.
    Last edited by CharlesL; 11-15-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead DDleMaso's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I did a post in the general discussion section about the matchmaking too... i'll C/C it here as it says the same things on another example, and in "casual" :
    OK here is a match i just had, in which i was hades :

Let's do some math :
    Average enemy team level :
    (119 + 126 + 66 + 111 + 120)/5 = 108
    My team average level :
    (108 + 89 + 89 + 85 + 48)/5 = 83

Average ELO :
    Enemy : (1.686 + 1.938 + 1.831 + 1.753 + 2.183)/5 = 1878
    My team : (1.827 +1.657 + 1.688 + 1.640 + 1.494)/5 = 1660

So basically, how a team composed of 2 premades parties, certainly on discord or anything like, with an everage level of 108 and ELO 1900 can end up against 5 solo queue, average level of 83 ELO 1650 ? Arent there a problem out there ?

In our team, bakasura had an assassin and rerolled (no luck though), artemis had an assassin and rerolled, so as i was having a hunter, i rerolled and got hades.
    AS i was the only magical i began thinking i'd go full damage. But here it goes, guan refuse to speak, and refuse to take auras... ravana takes urchin... nice beginning.

I bait anubis ulti succesfully, and use ult right after cupid used his 3, so he cannot escape, at this point, everyone is nearly full life, and i grabbed everyone in ult.
    Guess what happened ? bellona used ult to get out, ALL my team focused her, i died without any assistance, and they died one after another.
    Of course i called every action and before engage "VVVR" "VSAA" "VVVF"
    After that first wipe, let's go defending.
    AS you'll can see, i'm top damage, top mitigated (and top heal while we had a guan in the team -_-'), but of course i have NO kill at all, because that kind of team just wait and keep her DPS to get a kill on a low life, i mean, when you see 4 ppl ulting and being killed by chasing the guan you just put to 15%hp while defending the tower... it's sick.

How can this ever happen ??? what is wrong with the matchmaker ??? i'm getting bored to end up with trash players, that buid trash, that play trash, and just swear by the KDA. I tried to carry this game, but there was no way to do it.

Seriously, i'd rather wait 15 minutes the matchmaker to find a team than playing in such conditions, hirez MUST do something, at least try to put up balanced team according to the level.

And still the system need to be improved by a LOT, like rating each player after each match like :
    build effectiveness : (a note over 5 stars)
    teamplay : (a note over 5 stars)
    behavior : (a note over 5 stars)
    Communication : (a note over 5 stars)
    ... etc
    Put the player that have similar ratings together, let the toxic or bad players together, and let the goodwilled and fairplay together. The toxic players will NEVER get better by spreading their toxicity, it'll just get nicer player to become toxic, stop the disease spreading now or watch your game die.
    I've met low level players that were amazing, not for the playstyle, because they were noob, but np, they were polite and open to advices, only this kind of rating can separate the belligerent and the goodwilled people, and only the second category will become better player.

Really hirez, your matchmaking is a shame, i've lost a lot of friends that left smite for that, and i'll soon follow, simply because it's unbearable. Some people will answer "party with friends", yay, but no, my friends are back to LoL and i'd like to enjoy smite yet, and a little improvement could make it really better.
    Improve the matchmaker, add a rating system and it'll give a long term to smite.
    Thanks, even if i doubt any hirez employee will read or care about what i say.

Edit : i took an assault game as example but of course this kind of matchmaking happens to me in all modes.
    Last edited by DDleMaso; 11-20-2017 at 01:51 AM.

Achievements:
    Yeah it really is funny though, I'm platinum 2 right? logic would assume the system would be placing me with players around the same rank and level right? Wrong, you lost 2 games against grand masters? Too bad we're going to consistently give you worse and worse teammates to try and drag you down lower. I've lost 6 games in a row because my team has no idea what they're doing and the teams are constantly stacked against me, I HAVE TEAMMATES THAT ARE A WHOLE TEIR OR MORE LOWER THAN ME that should almost NEVER be the case. They have no idea what they're doing or how to play as a team they think "oh I used my abilities and ult, well time to dive and try and go for the kill while their team rotates on me and kills me. oh.. I died? time to do it again till the game is unwinnable". This is the occurrence every single time I lose >= 2 games. Don't believe me? here's two back to back games after losing like 3 games. http://smite.guru/match/pc/375290471 http://smite.guru/match/pc/375282950 why should I be placed with teams that are 1, 2, or even 3 tiers lower than me? It doesn't make sense if you think I should be in a lower ladder hirez don't FORCE me to play against players of a lower ladder it's going to make the game less enjoyable and make the games MUCH harder than they need to be since a good 90% of the time the teams are stacked against you.

Achievements:
    The system is far from perfect and when the community comes out and says something about it they play it off saying something like we're working on it or some other bs, go and watch the caster THEY TELL IT TO YOUR FACE THAT THEY DO THAT. Nothing has been in the patch notes regarding the matchmaking it's and it's hardly addressed. The only time I've actually seen something about the matchmaking system was I believe in season 3 when they took trio queues out and in season 4 when they broke it. And honestly how hard is it to add like 2 lines of code to avoid players being mixed up with lower tiered players it might honestly be as simple as
    Code:
    if ( (player1->rank - player2->rank) >= 3 || (player1->rank - player2->rank) <= -3)
          return false;
    And what's worse than that is the fact that almost every player I know on my friends list and majority in game know that the matchmaking system is fucked and a lot of people have complained about it on reddit and hirez still gives the same old answers.

Like I'll be real I have no problem is hirez decides to release a broken god or overly buff a god for no reason other than to stir shit up. What I have a problem with is the fact that it's almost like the hirez workers don't even play their own game. And I don't mean oh yeah I've got like 500 games under my belt as a hirez employee that is not even close enough to understanding the game, maybe I'm wrong but it seems like hirez doesn't even care about their game anymore they just want to squeeze every last drop of money out of it. You can see this with shit that brakes the game people were complaining about poor performance and high ping times and for the longest time I haven't seen a response from hirez, issues like that should be fixed asap and yet we have to wait days or even weeks before something happens? sorry for ranting but like I said it seems like they don't even care about their game anymore and their balancing team is made out of silvers (look at executioner and titans bane, and how gold efficient one is over the other it's fucking ridiculous, instead of nerfing tanks and bruisers they indirectly buff them by increasing the cost of penetration items and make them weaker.). I'm just annoyed at this point and I honestly cant think of a good reason besides my love for the game to keep playing.

All hirez has to do is make the community happy, and they cant even do that.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Tagger Third Class
    smitegurus "elo pointscore" is worthless. Just play some duel and check out the changes in mmr. Hell play any mode, compare the player basevalues, and check how much their rating changed based on win / loss. Smitegurus score is complete garbage ever since they changed it. (I.e. players with LOW elo score gain LESS beating HIGHER rated enemies while , HIGH elo players on the same team gain MORE than the low elo players (and the other way around for losing a game... low ELO --> lose more, high ELO ---> lose less). Theres a ton of more things that are awful about it)

Let me just say that one of the highest rated smiteguru ranked duel players is somewhere in mid diamond. And i was top 600 or sth while i was in plat.
    http://smite.guru/profile/pc/CurrentValue/ranked
    top 750 now being in dia 4 ..... great system, most of the time i lose/gain 1 point after a match

ANYWAY BACK TO TOPIC:

This needs to stop:
    http://smite.guru/match/pc/376257961

full premade vs full solo team,
    3 matches before that i had 4 man premade vs full solo team, was a great day... ffffffFFFUUUUUU
    Last edited by CurrentValue; 11-27-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    I have no idea if you are talking about ranked match making or casual.

If it is ranked, they have a system in place, it is not perfect but works. You queue up for a match. It will first prioritize players around your rank (with some minor leeway). After X amount of time has passed, this search broadens. This process repeats until the system can find 10 people. This obviously allows for some crazy match ups.

If you are talking about casual, good luck...Hi-Rez doesn't seem to care too much about us and only pays attention to ranked and pros.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack