Thread: Game wont launch BAD_MODULE_INFO error message

New Member Cupidhead SteezeSquad's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381

Game wont launch BAD_MODULE_INFO error message

I have had these issues for about a week and a half now and cant seem to figure it out. So after the launcher does the verification check and you hit play and the loading graphic comes up my screen goes grey and then a pop up comes up saying "Bad_module_info" and that windows will try to find a solution.

A couple seconds later a crash dialog box comes up asking for me to provide the details of the crash and also provides a callstack that says:

Failed to create GFx Movie Class: NULL

Address = 0x776808b2 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll]
    Address = 0x429f30 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]
    Address = 0x4581fc (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\smite\binaries\Win32\Smite.exe]

I did some quick looking around and have found some people have also had some issues with this error message but in other games such as CSGO and PUBG but from what i've seen is no real solutions. People speculate that it is from the Fall Creators Windows Update which i do have, but once again i do not know how to fix this issue.

Junior Member Cupidhead Akimbowles's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I'm having this same issue as of today.
    It worked this morning, but since turning my PC on this evening, I'm getting this exact same problem. I have verified my game files and this has not fixed it.

Hopefully it will fix itself, but is there a fix for this?

Also, I tried to add an image link to show what pops up on the screen but it's not showing in this comment.

Edit: Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and that still didn't fix it.
    I haven't installed any new software between it working and not working, so this is surely a server-side issue?
    Last edited by Akimbowles; 11-15-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Achievements:
    I did a malware scan which turned up nothing really, but restarted my PC and it had a tiny update to do. Since having done that update, my Smite is working again.
    I dunno if it's just by chance that it fixed it, but if you haven't checked for updates in the last 24 hours, I'd suggest trying that.

New Member Cupidhead SteezeSquad's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    I saw the update today for windows and after I updated still no luck. Still get the same BAD_MODULE_INFO error.

New Member Cupidhead QuaffleSnitch's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I had this problem
    First I was unable to buy the chests for the first win of the day,
    then I restarted smite and got this message
    did all the things to fix it, I've updated and restarted my computer, done a virus scan, even validated smite
    Still can't get my chests for first wins

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Tagger Third Class
    happens sometimes. "bad_module_info" means something broken, but checking the game cache files doesn't help now, and pc restart as well. i have no ideas what to do. can't join some matches. always crashes.

Achievements:
    Funnily enough, after working fine everyday since I last posted, I got the error message pop up again today and it won't launch!
    Everytime it happens I check the game cache files, do a malware scan, and check there are no pc updates, but still restart anyway, and nothing fixes it!
    It's weird how it only randomly occurs since mine fixed itself and now broke itself again...

Edit: It's now randomly working again!
    I honestly can't work out what breaks it and what fixes it...
    Last edited by Akimbowles; 11-30-2017 at 04:15 PM.