Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of Apollo

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    ~bruh snip
    Justify yourself all you want lyra, you're acting like a child and that's not warranted when this is about Apollo, not what warrants Liam's opinions or not. You've got the discord and the vent thread to explode about it, not here.
    I'm pretty much playing whoever I feel confident in these days.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    "This is the kinda post that leads to an infraction for a reason. Keep your salt down."

Okay. Explain this then.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Uhmm.. how do I say this in a nice way...
    Because you're not a very good player. sorry.

I personally can do well with both Neith and Hachiman but I find Neith easier because you don't need to aim with her 1. When you have a weave, that's it, easy aiming. Plus her 4 is global. You can kill people in a safe spot while Hachiman's 4, you have to go near the enemy and potentially have the enemy's allies back them up.

Hmm.. I didn't notice that. Perhaps because I don't look at their genders. I look at their individual performances.

And lol. There's nothing hard about Bellona or Scylla. Chaac is only easy early game but he falls off very hard late game whereas Bellona, you can easily do well without thinking all game.

Skill Level: Snow Bae Scylla <3
    Level: 114/160
    IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 1,223
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    How about everyone stops and gets back on topic. Really did everyone regress 10 years?

I don't care who started it, continuing doesn't make it justified.
    Mod warning to stop the fights.

Apollo is balanced, but hunter items could use a nerf.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 797
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    personally, i would rather pick an Artemis and AMC who i dont play much over Apollo.

compared to any other hunter i feel he is lacking, usually when i face other hunters the least troubling for me is Apollo.

Artemis has that team stun ult which can make a huge impact on team fights especially late game.

AMC has a slow and has a buff from his hives, not to mention his ult damage and can be spam-able when you pick it.

now lets take a look at Apollo:

his passive is an attack speed buff that is good but unfortunately you cant control it, meaning in certain situations when you are 1v1 another hunter you will probably kill the other hunter or be killed before the passive can work, since you only need to land 3 or 4 to get a kill.

his 1 is just damage, nothing more nothing less.

his 2 is a mez with protections, good for defensive situation but not that great in an offensive ones since you need to be almost in a mele range to apply it.

his 3 is a dash with a knock up with damage and speed buff, this is probably his best ability.

his ult is basically global travel with huge cooldown, i would say its good but maybe reduce the cooldown to 100 seconds.

now for me i think that his first 2 abilities and passive are lacking or could use a change.

maybe remove the speed buff from his 3 and make his mez a 1 second stun? or make his 1 have a slow?

also maybe make his passive give more attack speed the more he hits a target? like for every successful hit he gains 10% attack speed and stacks to 5 times?

i cant say how he is in conquest since i dont play that cancer. but in other modes i feel that he is lacking.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I can't really tell if Apollo and Chiron are underwhelming in this meta or if they're the very definition of balanced and everyone else is just overwhelming.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Artio has zero "skillshot skills" non of those abilities you can miss, and Artio is super safe / hard to kill so positioning is not one thing that she need to worry about
    i dont think artio is hard by any means. but she does take a bit more than aimbotjin.

Quote Originally Posted by wweeww View Post
    personally, i would rather pick an Artemis and AMC who i dont play much over Apollo.

compared to any other hunter i feel he is lacking, usually when i face other hunters the least troubling for me is Apollo.

Artemis has that team stun ult which can make a huge impact on team fights especially late game.

AMC has a slow and has a buff from his hives, not to mention his ult damage and can be spam-able when you pick it.

now lets take a look at Apollo:

his passive is an attack speed buff that is good but unfortunately you cant control it, meaning in certain situations when you are 1v1 another hunter you will probably kill the other hunter or be killed before the passive can work, since you only need to land 3 or 4 to get a kill.

his 1 is just damage, nothing more nothing less.

his 2 is a mez with protections, good for defensive situation but not that great in an offensive ones since you need to be almost in a mele range to apply it.

his 3 is a dash with a knock up with damage and speed buff, this is probably his best ability.

his ult is basically global travel with huge cooldown, i would say its good but maybe reduce the cooldown to 100 seconds.

now for me i think that his first 2 abilities and passive are lacking or could use a change.

maybe remove the speed buff from his 3 and make his mez a 1 second stun? or make his 1 have a slow?

also maybe make his passive give more attack speed the more he hits a target? like for every successful hit he gains 10% attack speed and stacks to 5 times?

i cant say how he is in conquest since i dont play that cancer. but in other modes i feel that he is lacking.
    i'd say both art and amc is subpar to apollo by a good part. especially artemis.
    Last edited by zecleria; 11-14-2017 at 05:21 AM.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

Hail 9 headed kkk so he can make Machu Pichu great again!

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    How about everyone stops and gets back on topic. Really did everyone regress 10 years?

I don't care who started it, continuing doesn't make it justified.
    Yeah, well, my dad can beat up your dad.

On Apollo, a god that can buff himself as well as disrupt and with two good escapes as well as being a hunter is, ostensibly speaking, not weak. Rather some hunters are just much more braindead with how safe their damage is.
    Last edited by RonanTheGreat; 11-14-2017 at 05:59 AM.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,365
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Apollo have everything what Hunter could possibly wish for aka steroid/wawe clear/escape/hard cc/global aoe ultimate with an escape
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Apollo have everything what Hunter could possibly wish for aka steroid/wawe clear/escape/hard cc/global aoe ultimate with an escape
    He is solid indeed, but no point playing him when brain dead Izanami and Hachiman exists
    Win lane, lose game

Forum Troll Honoured TheGodlyFist's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Mod warning to stop the fights.

Apollo is balanced, but hunter items could use a nerf.
    Technically there is no such things as hunter items, as every physical god can buy they. Strangely enough hunters are the only class that is restricted from items in their type of damage category. So we can't really nerf a lot of items except maybe physical stacking items to nerf hunters as we would indirectly nerf some assassins.