Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 85

Thread: The State of Apollo

  1. #41
    Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wrecking hee noobs in solo, ho!
    Posts
    5,751
    19
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    ~bruh snip
    Justify yourself all you want lyra, you're acting like a child and that's not warranted when this is about Apollo, not what warrants Liam's opinions or not. You've got the discord and the vent thread to explode about it, not here.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

    Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

  2. #42
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    7
    "This is the kinda post that leads to an infraction for a reason. Keep your salt down."

    Okay. Explain this then.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Uhmm.. how do I say this in a nice way...
    Because you're not a very good player. sorry.


    I personally can do well with both Neith and Hachiman but I find Neith easier because you don't need to aim with her 1. When you have a weave, that's it, easy aiming. Plus her 4 is global. You can kill people in a safe spot while Hachiman's 4, you have to go near the enemy and potentially have the enemy's allies back them up.


    Hmm.. I didn't notice that. Perhaps because I don't look at their genders. I look at their individual performances.



    And lol. There's nothing hard about Bellona or Scylla. Chaac is only easy early game but he falls off very hard late game whereas Bellona, you can easily do well without thinking all game.
    What do I put here now?

  3. #43
    Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    9,991
    33
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,293
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    How about everyone stops and gets back on topic. Really did everyone regress 10 years?

    I don't care who started it, continuing doesn't make it justified.
    Mod warning to stop the fights.

    Apollo is balanced, but hunter items could use a nerf.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Honoured wweeww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    576
    5
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    4
    personally, i would rather pick an Artemis and AMC who i dont play much over Apollo.

    compared to any other hunter i feel he is lacking, usually when i face other hunters the least troubling for me is Apollo.

    Artemis has that team stun ult which can make a huge impact on team fights especially late game.

    AMC has a slow and has a buff from his hives, not to mention his ult damage and can be spam-able when you pick it.

    now lets take a look at Apollo:

    his passive is an attack speed buff that is good but unfortunately you cant control it, meaning in certain situations when you are 1v1 another hunter you will probably kill the other hunter or be killed before the passive can work, since you only need to land 3 or 4 to get a kill.

    his 1 is just damage, nothing more nothing less.

    his 2 is a mez with protections, good for defensive situation but not that great in an offensive ones since you need to be almost in a mele range to apply it.

    his 3 is a dash with a knock up with damage and speed buff, this is probably his best ability.

    his ult is basically global travel with huge cooldown, i would say its good but maybe reduce the cooldown to 100 seconds.

    now for me i think that his first 2 abilities and passive are lacking or could use a change.

    maybe remove the speed buff from his 3 and make his mez a 1 second stun? or make his 1 have a slow?

    also maybe make his passive give more attack speed the more he hits a target? like for every successful hit he gains 10% attack speed and stacks to 5 times?


    i cant say how he is in conquest since i dont play that cancer. but in other modes i feel that he is lacking.

  5. #45
    Member Worshipper Caitniss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    483
    4
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    I can't really tell if Apollo and Chiron are underwhelming in this meta or if they're the very definition of balanced and everyone else is just overwhelming.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kebabland
    Posts
    2,729
    10
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Artio has zero "skillshot skills" non of those abilities you can miss, and Artio is super safe / hard to kill so positioning is not one thing that she need to worry about
    i dont think artio is hard by any means. but she does take a bit more than aimbotjin.

    Quote Originally Posted by wweeww View Post
    personally, i would rather pick an Artemis and AMC who i dont play much over Apollo.

    compared to any other hunter i feel he is lacking, usually when i face other hunters the least troubling for me is Apollo.

    Artemis has that team stun ult which can make a huge impact on team fights especially late game.

    AMC has a slow and has a buff from his hives, not to mention his ult damage and can be spam-able when you pick it.

    now lets take a look at Apollo:

    his passive is an attack speed buff that is good but unfortunately you cant control it, meaning in certain situations when you are 1v1 another hunter you will probably kill the other hunter or be killed before the passive can work, since you only need to land 3 or 4 to get a kill.

    his 1 is just damage, nothing more nothing less.

    his 2 is a mez with protections, good for defensive situation but not that great in an offensive ones since you need to be almost in a mele range to apply it.

    his 3 is a dash with a knock up with damage and speed buff, this is probably his best ability.

    his ult is basically global travel with huge cooldown, i would say its good but maybe reduce the cooldown to 100 seconds.

    now for me i think that his first 2 abilities and passive are lacking or could use a change.

    maybe remove the speed buff from his 3 and make his mez a 1 second stun? or make his 1 have a slow?

    also maybe make his passive give more attack speed the more he hits a target? like for every successful hit he gains 10% attack speed and stacks to 5 times?


    i cant say how he is in conquest since i dont play that cancer. but in other modes i feel that he is lacking.
    i'd say both art and amc is subpar to apollo by a good part. especially artemis.
    Last edited by zecleria; 11-14-2017 at 04:21 AM.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

    0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

  7. #47
    Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Posts
    1,727
    8
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    How about everyone stops and gets back on topic. Really did everyone regress 10 years?

    I don't care who started it, continuing doesn't make it justified.
    Yeah, well, my dad can beat up your dad.

    On Apollo, a god that can buff himself as well as disrupt and with two good escapes as well as being a hunter is, ostensibly speaking, not weak. Rather some hunters are just much more braindead with how safe their damage is.
    Last edited by RonanTheGreat; 11-14-2017 at 04:59 AM.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

  8. #48
    Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Somewhere lost in Time
    Posts
    18,471
    33
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,304
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    50
    Apollo have everything what Hunter could possibly wish for aka steroid/wawe clear/escape/hard cc/global aoe ultimate with an escape
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

  9. #49
    Senior Member Chosen Derled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    20 April 1889
    Posts
    1,240
    7
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Apollo have everything what Hunter could possibly wish for aka steroid/wawe clear/escape/hard cc/global aoe ultimate with an escape
    He is solid indeed, but no point playing him when brain dead Izanami and Hachiman exists
    Win lane, lose game

  10. #50
    Forum Troll Honoured TheGodlyFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wherever the back harpies come from.
    Posts
    853
    7
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Mod warning to stop the fights.

    Apollo is balanced, but hunter items could use a nerf.
    Technically there is no such things as hunter items, as every physical god can buy they. Strangely enough hunters are the only class that is restricted from items in their type of damage category. So we can't really nerf a lot of items except maybe physical stacking items to nerf hunters as we would indirectly nerf some assassins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •