Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Domination

Junior Member Cupidhead Twiggymc's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Domination

Is Domination ever gonna see a come back, i quit for a few months to play other games and when i returned it was gone =( i heard rumors it was being taken out and i'm sad to see they were true, i tried to find out what was going on but i could not find anything solid i got mixed info about how its gone for good because it was unpopular, or that they had taken it out just so they could give it a revamp and what not

Being my favorite mode in smite i'm really disappointed to see it gone and am not sure how much longer ill be able to keep interest with conquest/arena, Conquest is slowly getting ruined by the "follow the meta or don't play at all" mentality that i seem to just run into all the time, and arena is really only just fun for a game or 2 at best either way i hope it does come back cause it being a MOTD thing just isnt enough for me =(

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    I dont agree with you with the metagame sentence of "follow the meta or don't play at all"
    But in the other hand i miss domination so bad, for me was a really good and different kind of objective orientated gamemode, point capture its one of the most interesting gamemodes in every action game in my opinion.
    Arena its like....... well its like a "wall of death" in a metal concert, as OP said fun for the first 2-3 games of the day, there are no objectives, almost no strategy at all, just bright colours, small map and close respawn timer.
    Assault its different than conquest, but the objective its the same, push destroy a tower a phoenix and then a titan/elder/ancient.
    Conquest its essential in moba games and its the game based mode, i <3 it but not for play it 100% of the time. And its the tower/phoenix/titan objective based.

Domination was fresh air, a different mode, with different objectives and a perfect dose of strategy, and really fun.

Recapitulating, i loved domination, and in my opinion was one of the best game modes. More different game modes can't make a trouble for the game, more options satisfy more players, adding options for fun its not a problem, removing them... in my opinion it is.
    I still have faith in HiRez making it comming back, they are developing the game in a really good way and listening to the community, im proud of them, hope they pick the best choices in this issue.

PS: Sorry about my english, shame on my country (spain) and his poorly language program for students...

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead jesepea's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I liked domination, but when I revisit it in MOTD, I notice a lot of wasted random space that they could compact into a much better map. I would much rather Hi-rez take it out like they did and re-introduce a better map and style of game mode!
    Ingame: Jesepea
    DEATH-TO-ALL

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Nycosis's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I want to see Domination come back so bad. So much memories

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulius View Post
    Nobody actually wants domination, stop suggesting this.
    So OP is a nobody? Subtle.
    This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 3/20/14

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OblivKnight View Post
    So OP is a nobody? Subtle.
    Maybe his name is Nobody?

Junior Member Cupidhead Capnpicard's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Achievements:
    Having never played it (played briefly during early early Beta, then came back about 3 weeks ago to an awesome game)I'll +1 for more game modes in general.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    As much as i would love to see Domination come back i DESPISE it when people don't know how to play it. i mean other than that i would like Domination back as an optional game mode.
    Insanity's the best kind of sanity!

"If you cant beat em', Show off!"-Eddy, "Ed "Edd n Eddy"

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dafinch View Post
    As much as i would love to see Domination come back i DESPISE it when people don't know how to play it. i mean other than that i would like Domination back as an optional game mode.
    Agreed. I hate it when like 2 people go chase all the way to the enemy base for the kill, while I am sitting at the Obelisk trying my ass off to defend it in a 1v3.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    I kinda want a map rework, and that's just because of the Arena/ Assault reworks. Domination looks so bland now.
    New to the forum? Check out This thread