Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SantasLiLHelper View Post
    It is funny/interesting that strong guardians have sollicited the most fuming hatred, in particular Khepri and Artio, to a lesser extent Xing Tian for the more recent releases.

Edit: spelling "Xing"fixed.
    Those are funny ways of spelling "Terra".

And I completely agree with your points.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    My point is that a lot of the reactions to new gods are strongly exaggerated. There may be some truth to some of the outcries, but a lot of it is theatrical drama queen behaviour. Some of the new gods indeed are generic/bland enough that they cause little response, like Hachiman. He is a good hunter, but also very much dime a dozen, he brings little to nothing that is new or interesting. He plays like any other hunter, both for the player and his opposition there are no surprises.

Others, like Artio, cause an upheaval that is not at all in proportion to their actual strengths. This kind of reaction usually occurs if the god in question brings new things into the game. Nerfing may be required, it usually is, but that does not take away from the fact that certain members in the community blow things way out of proportion ("x has no weakness" and similar mindless ranting). I would not mind if HiRez would simply shrug it off, but sometimes they actually listen to the crybabies. Look at what happened to poor Khepri, he got neutered ten times over.
    Agreed. I wish people would step back and get some actual experience against new gods before complaining about them on basically day one after release. I also wish Hi-Rez would let the excitement die down and give the community some time to adjust before they decide to change a new god.

I remember reading on their Q & A somewhere that the community's "nerf ASAP" cries don't bother them, but clearly it affects them. Even if it's based on pros and win rates, they shouldn't let anything affect their decisions until everyone has had time to adjust.

Member Follower SantasLiLHelper's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    You're right I should have mentioned her, I forgot. Of course the list is longer, those that were around at the time will remember also your avatar Sylvanus being lynched by angry mobs with pitchforks, after which he got gutted and butchered to be a faint shadow of his former self. It took years before he got buffed back to being reasonable.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    You're right I should have mentioned her, I forgot. Of course the list is longer, those that were around at the time will remember also your avatar Sylvanus being lynched by angry mobs with pitchforks, after which he got gutted and butchered to be a faint shadow of his former self. It took years before he got buffed back to being reasonable.
    Thats the only redeeming feature of a lynchmob.

They're so wound up on reactionary fear and ignorance that its easy to forget that they don't know any better.

Not much of a silver lining, but its better than the usual black, acrid cloud they leave in their wake.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post

And I completely agree with your points.
    terra's root nerf is well deserved tho.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Member Follower SantasLiLHelper's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    terra's root nerf is well deserved tho.
    You really think so? I think it was too much. I would much rather have seen her ult nerfed instead, which is why she was considered so strong in the first place, now the rest of the kit is very lacklustre. In my opinion, it was not a good decision to take away the root.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    You really think so? I think it was too much. I would much rather have seen her ult nerfed instead, which is why she was considered so strong in the first place, now the rest of the kit is very lacklustre. In my opinion, it was not a good decision to take away the root.
    the nerf was deserved in a way that lane sized aoe root was too much. the replacement for it is....eh. yeah a slow area that doesnt slow people after using the skill is useless.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    Agreed. I wish people would step back and get some actual experience against new gods before complaining about them on basically day one after release. I also wish Hi-Rez would let the excitement die down and give the community some time to adjust before they decide to change a new god.

I remember reading on their Q & A somewhere that the community's "nerf ASAP" cries don't bother them, but clearly it affects them. Even if it's based on pros and win rates, they shouldn't let anything affect their decisions until everyone has had time to adjust.
    This is the same thing as saying: "Let's just keep these goddesses OP a little bit longer".
    Kind of like an argument to manipulate people, really.

My point is that a lot of the reactions to new gods are strongly exaggerated. There may be some truth to some of the outcries, but a lot of it is theatrical drama queen behaviour. Some of the new gods indeed are generic/bland enough that they cause little response, like Hachiman. He is a good hunter, but also very much dime a dozen, he brings little to nothing that is new or interesting. He plays like any other hunter, both for the player and his opposition there are no surprises.

Others, like Artio, cause an upheaval that is not at all in proportion to their actual strengths. This kind of reaction usually occurs if the god in question brings new things into the game. Nerfing may be required, it usually is, but that does not take away from the fact that certain members in the community blow things way out of proportion ("x has no weakness" and similar mindless ranting). I would not mind if HiRez would simply shrug it off, but sometimes they actually listen to the crybabies. Look at what happened to poor Khepri, he got neutered ten times over.
    Not really. The most unique god that came out recently is Cu Chulainn and while there are some people who're uproared by him, it's nowhere near as much as Artio's or Discordia's.
    The thing with Artio and Discordia is that they are not only "unique" (in your terms), they hardly have any weakness. The community is not dumb so you can't say "oh players just need to adjust. Let's make these two goddesses OP longer".

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    How do you mute someone in forums? X has the most useless nonsensical non-factual based shit I've ever resd

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JEWJEWBEES View Post
    How do you mute someone in forums? X has the most useless nonsensical non-factual based shit I've ever resd
    Idk but I basically "mute" posts I don't like by just ignoring them ;p it gets easier the more you do it.