Thread: Idea for relics...Thoughts?

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

Idea for relics...Thoughts?

I made a post about relics a week or so ago. Mentioning how I wish gods were forced to choose between beads or aegis but not both. Thanks for all who posted.

What if relics or at least certain relics had limited uses? As in, if a match goes 60 minutes, you can't use aegis and beads 15 times.

Now I play pretty much anything but conquest but I have around 2500 hours in this game. I do play at a decently high level so I do have experience.

It's just more anti-fun playing against a team that can position terribly and use relics to escape over and over again. Maybe force more team fights or at least team fights where someone will come out on top? I find that often enemies get away because they can beads then relic until their teamate(s) can save them or they can scoot back into base.

Thoughts?
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,081
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Anything which is effective is anti-fun. Beads and Aegis are a necessity when the game is so focused on CC and burst damage. Cooldowns exist to keep you from overusing relics. If you don't play Conquest, don't try to suggest ideas for balance.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Is conquest that much different from other modes? I've played it a few times but seemed the same- Just slower. In clash teams seem to turtle around titan and phoenix until their relics are up.

And why does clash have no way to disable the phoenix or better way to get to the titan? That phoenix in clash hurts a lot.
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    Is conquest that much different from other modes? I've played it a few times but seemed the same- Just slower. In clash teams seem to turtle around titan and phoenix until their relics are up.

And why does clash have no way to disable the phoenix or better way to get to the titan? That phoenix in clash hurts a lot.
    Conquest is the main game mode, its the first and what smite was supposed to be evolving around as a moba

If you ask someone who plays LoL about other game modes than Summoners Rift most people will just give you a weird look

Unlike smite lol players play the actuall moba game mode, smite is just a game full of different sandboxes which people play for fun

This mentallity (playing for fun) is also i think, the reason why we have so manny salty players these days

Smite is much more exhausting over a short periode of time than Lol and even though play time for conquest is shorter in smite than Summoners rift, people complain about wasting their time when they dont have an good lead in conquest

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,081
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    It actually is. It's much slower, its farming and teamfight phases are different, and it's nothing like Clash, where anyone can gank anywhere at any time because there's no great distance to traverse.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    As mentioned above Conquest is much slower. Teamfights are much more rare, thus relics are up every fight.

[edit]
    ...and this is wrong because it counters some CC/burst based gods and makes sustained dps gods even stronger (double hunter picks etc).
    Last edited by S1itz; 11-12-2017 at 10:34 AM.