Thread: hide of the urchin in adventures

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

hide of the urchin in adventures

The passive that you will never stack. This is how much hi-res cares about their product. Grind 6000 gold for talarian boots also a fun adventure. Just say it hi-rez, say "we dont give a F*CK". Stop milking children's money.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Renney View Post
    The passive that you will never stack. This is how much hi-res cares about their product. Grind 6000 gold for talarian boots also a fun adventure. Just say it hi-rez, say "we dont give a F*CK". Stop milking children's money.
    1) It's a free game.

2) If you bought the bundle IE "milking children's money" epic items only cost 3k so which one is it?

3) It's like any other MMORPG. Pray to RNGesus for deliverance or fail.

4) Lighten up and have fun. I love the new adventure just because it looks beautiful, the scenery and world is just perfect. Nevermind the fact that I can't be assed to grind a ton so I don't play it much despite having the bundle, but it's really just fun to see everything in it.

Skill Level: Snow Bae Scylla <3
    Level: 114/160
    IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    4) Lighten up and have fun. I love the new adventure just because it looks beautiful, the scenery and world is just perfect. Nevermind the fact that I can't be assed to grind a ton so I don't play it much despite having the bundle, but it's really just fun to see everything in it.
    but... you just said its not fun to play, just pretty to look at. How is he supposed to lighten up and have fun if its not even possible by the standards of the person asking him to do it?

pve is pretty much never fun unless its a single player game built for it. MMOs use "grind" because its the cheapest way to keep you 'hooked' without actually putting any content in front of you. Anytime a non-mmo uses "grind" its because they are also being cheap, but probably failed the "hook" part too because theres more to it than "do this shit over and over". It takes some finesse to get to those dopamine responses needed to keep your audience addicted to the grind. Failing to get those drug responses will mean the game is just horribly boring... I mean its boring no matter what, just better with drugs, and thats the trick with mmos and grind.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    but... you just said its not fun to play, just pretty to look at. How is he supposed to lighten up and have fun if its not even possible by the standards of the person asking him to do it?

pve is pretty much never fun unless its a single player game built for it. MMOs use "grind" because its the cheapest way to keep you 'hooked' without actually putting any content in front of you. Anytime a non-mmo uses "grind" its because they are also being cheap, but probably failed the "hook" part too because theres more to it than "do this shit over and over". It takes some finesse to get to those dopamine responses needed to keep your audience addicted to the grind. Failing to get those drug responses will mean the game is just horribly boring... I mean its boring no matter what, just better with drugs, and thats the trick with mmos and grind.
    It is fun to play, but the main thing for me is the aesthetics. But I find it fun too.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Sure its fun to play, just not fun enough to play over and over, which was my point. The grind doesn't work. You enjoyed it, which is fine, and thats good... but why put people through a grind if the only fun part is already done? There is no point, not for this game, and they obviously failed the hook for the grind anyway or else you'd be telling me how awesome it is to get those epics.

I'm just saying the grind is stupid. The fact taht you enjoyed it once or twice is fine. The fact that they expect you to keep playing it when its "used up" already is dumb and pointless.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Idk the objective has kept me going for a while but still grinding for items without the bundle. Honestly, this is what I expected to be what a Free-to-play PvE would be like. Not really Pay-to-win but you have to pay to make things easier, just like any free MMOs. I understand that people can't afford or don't want to pay $18 for the bundle but this is the reality for a "free" game.

Just learn that you don't always get what you desire.
    Gods: Chang'e, Nox, Ne Zha

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Why you guys play PVE in PVP is beyond me. I quit MMOs because I liked PVP part but couldn't stand the grind.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points
    Salt over PVE mode made for giggles and casuals
    classic salt

Achievements:

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Renney View Post
    1) Of course that HR dont balance every single item over adventure which is for 2 months.

2) How they are supposed to earn money for their hard work? You pay - you play while its still free for ppl who actually like grinding.

3) Childrens money are wasted on streams which give them nothing while they get a ton of things from adventure, maybe selling chocolate in local shop is also NOT ok?

1) It's a free game.
    Exactly this.

4) The cheapest way to keep ppl playing it over and over again is an PVP not PVE, you creating circle area when players fight(aka previous adventure). Making new area's and mechanics are much more advanced and require much more time.

5) You dont understand why ppl are grinding, being more powerful after each run and gaining progress in adventure(aka next boss defeated) is not a drug, its normal feeling of aiming for the next goal. Pointless and too long grinding is bad but you have nothing of these things in this adventure.
    I get all items already and it wasnt even that long to do it. Also I had fun playing this with different gods and builds every time.

6) Liking or not grinding is a subjective thing like liking or hating shooters, of course everyone would be prefering to play on new maps with new mobs and mechanics after each restart but its just not possible and I thing HR crew done their best on this one.

but why put people through a grind if the only fun part is already done?
    To get to the last boss(also in nightmare) and to have satisfaction after beating him. Reward after hours of grinding is one of the best thing in video games imo.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.