Thread: Brigid, The Fiery Song-Smith

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!

Brigid, The Fiery Song-Smith

Brigid

The Fiery Song-Smith

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b0af0cefb4.jpg

Weapons: Sword and Smith's Hammer

Passive: Home Hearth

Brigid emits a soothing aura around her body. Under the effects of the Aura, Brigid and nearby allied Gods gain the following; 1) An additional 50% of their base HP5 and MP5. 2) The ability to purchase items from the store at a 15% mark up. 3) If hit with Soft or Hard CC, +30 Magical and Physical Protections, plus 75% of their current HP5 and MP5 for 3s.
    Radius: 20.
    *Flavor Text* Home is where the heart is. Home is friends and family.

Ability 1: Molten Hammer

Brigid coats her Smith's Hammer with molten metal and chucks it forward in a straight line. As it travels, the molten metal solidifies. At ranges of up to 25, the Hammer leaves behind burning slag that deals tick damage over time. At ranges past that up to 50, the Hammer will both stun the first God hit as well as damage them.

Range: 50. Slag Duration: Every .5s for 2s. Slag Damage: 35/55/75/95/115 (+10% of your Magical Power). Hammer Damage: 65/100/135/170/205 (+60 of your Magical Power). Stun: 1s. Cooldown: 15s. Cost: 65/75/85/95/105.
    *Flavor Text* The Smith's Hammer is the greatest weapon, for it crafts all others.

Ability 2: Poet's Blade

Brigid weaves a rhythmic tune into her sword, letting it pierce through even the strongest armor. Her next few basic attacks degrade enemy God(s)s protections, making them more vulnerable to her and allied Gods attacks and abilities. All the while the words spoken into the blade cut deep, bleeding the enemy God(s) for a short duration.

Basic Attack Chain: 3/3/4/4/5. Protection Degrade: 5% per basic attack. Bleed: 50/75/100/125/150 (+15% of your Magical Power). Duration: 3s (stackable, and refreshable). Cooldown: 20s. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120.
    *Flavor text* The pen is mightier than the sword. Let my blade become both.

Ability 3: Spring Thaw

Brigid casts a circle of magic at a target location, brining forth all the joys and wonders of the spring. Any allied God that enters this zone gets a small power boost, as the are refreshed. Enemy gods that enter the field lose some of their power. If an enemy God is in the circle and they are hit with a Crowd Control effect, this debuff is doubled and they also become mesmerized for a short period.

Range: 50. Radius: 20. Power Boost: 5% of Magical/Physical Power. Power Drain: 15% of Magical/Physical power (30% if under the effects of Crowd Control). Mesmerize Duration: 2s. Cooldown: 16s. Cost: 100/125/150/175/200.
    *Flavor Text* Spring begins anew after the last frost and brings with it a change.

Ability 4: Forged with Fire

Brigid tempers and upgrades a random fully built item in each allied God(s) arsenal, for a short duration. Increasing all effects it gives out. If Brigid dies before the duration is over, the item will automatically revert back to it's normal state. This ability will not affect anything in her arsenal.

Item Upgrade: 15%. Duration: 10s. Cooldown: 150/140/130/120/110s. Cost: 500/450/400/350/300.
    *Flavor Text* All shall stand aside, for they fear what is stronger.

Last edited by GameVeteranAzure; 11-22-2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: General QoL Tweaks
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran Repped! Third Class
    OK... let's see what you got here:

first of all, what's the class of the god. looking at the kit, I assume that it's a guardian, but you should make it obvious.

the passive: the 2nd portion of the passive says "The ability to purchase items from the store at a 15% mark up'. what do you mean exactly by "mark up"? you mean discount? if that's the case, then the discount shouldn't be so high. if players do get a discount because of this ability then it should be AT MOST 5%, and even then...

the 1; just increase the max range to a 50 and everything'll be fine.

the 2: I suggest changing so that instead of having 5 basic attacks at all ranks, make it 3/3/4/4/5. this way, it would be easier to play against her. also, the bleed damage shouldn't be so high. if it is stackable and at max rank it deals 250, then that means all in all it could deal 1250 damage (even ultimates don't deal that much damage). if you want all the bleeding to stack (that is 5) then I suggest making each bleed deal 25. this way, with 3 each bleed lasting 3 seconds and stacking 5 times, you can deal a max of 375, which is more acceptable for a non-ultimate ability. and decrease the cooldown to a 15s.

the 3: range should be 50 and the radius should be somewhere between 20-23. also, having both a power boost and a power drain makes something worthy of an ult. since it's not an ult, I suggest just get ridding of the power boost, leaving only the power drain. also, increase the duration to 3s and decrease the cooldown a bit

the ult: basically nothing wrong. quite interesting actually. except that there's no incentive to actually level it up since you have the same stats at level 1. I suggest addressing this issue.

Welp... there you have it. I hope this was constructive enough. overall, I think that Brigid needs some work to be done on her. but... you are going in right direction. good luck.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    To answer your issues:

1) Unless you can't see it, the Guardian Class Icon Picture is right under her Title. I'm using a layout recommended by inferno, made by Kaios.

2) Mark Up means an increase in price. What you are talking about is a mark down. The idea behind that part of the passive is, think of it like Brigid is making the items for the players. It's buying on the go, the only other God in the game with an ability like this is Chang'e. Granted she doesn't have a price increase, but she has to wait for her rabbit to run back to fountain, grab the item, and bring it back. This is more immediate, but it comes at a cost. That cost being the item is more expensive.

3) Alright, that is fair and will be changed.

4) Again a fair idea. This was a bit of a crap shoot for me, since no magical god has a bleed in their kit. So the only point of reference I had was...Kali. I see where you are coming from. I will tweak the overall damage and the scaling, and I will more than likely tweak the amount of hits it does, as you are suggesting.

5) I will adjust both the range and radius. As for the power boost, I plan to keep it in, because I want allied Gods to have a reason to go into the AoE of this and fight enemies Gods that may have gotten hit with the effects. But I will reduce it down to a third, i.e. 5%. As for the Mesmerize duration, that is staying at 2 s, mainly due in part 1s felt too short and 3s feels a tad too long. At 2s, it is a nice even zone, sure it doesn't leave much for timing on ability casts, but I want this to be a coordinated effort. The cooldown will be reduce a little, but not by much, since I am mostly keeping the ability the same.

6) You have a big point here. The only thing I can think of is maybe decreasing the cost and cooldown, thus making you want to get it a bit higher. The focus of her kit isn't her Ult, like most other Gods in the game. I wanted her other 3 abilities to be the "Hey come look at me".
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack