Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brigid, The Fiery Song-Smith

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Well for the second point, make it only target power or protections, nothing that can cap out. That way it avoids the issue all together. By making it ONLY affect power or protections based on if they have more defensive or offensive items, it makes it so that whatever the person focuses, it enhances a lot. Say for example You could choose one of two options. 1) Add in a percentage increase, such as 20% Bonus (power/protections). At levels 5,10,15, and 20, that would roughly be... (doing math on average power for a hunter...) +18, +20, +30, +62 power roughly, depending on their build. (Now for a mage...) +45, +75, +87, +130 magical power during the ult. (I'm a math nerd sometimes, excuse me haha)

Each of those numbers would be about as much as a whole new power item for each person, meaning that people who build power get more power, making them a bigger threat, and making killing Brigid a higher priority.

Inversely, you could go with a flat rate that increases every rank you raise the ult, making it a level priority for yourself. The pluses would be (The first number is Physical Power, the second being Magical Power) +10|25, +20|50, +30|75, +40|100, +50|125

These are just some thoughts you could do. Remember those are just for Power stats only if the person being buffed has a majority of Offensive items. All of the numbers above are based on the stats they get from items only, not their own.

What do you think?

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Everything in Smite has a cap.

Granted hitting those caps falls into one of three areas; possible, extremely difficult, or downright impossible.

What you suggest has merits but has one crucial flaw. It doesn't factor in hybrid builds.

If I build 3 defensive items and 3 power items, how does the ability figure out which to pick? Does it pick one randomly out of those two and stick to it? Does it switch back and forth? Would it bug out and pick both?

Also as I look at your numbers, they worry me a bit. I will use my Kuku build as an example. In both cases, be it the percentage increase or flat numbers buff, with the build I use...he'd have over 1k Magical Power.

Now I don't have any straight power builds for Assassins or Hunters, so I can't say for sure where their power would lie after your buff exactly, but I do know it would break their cap of 400 damage.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AustSiannodel's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I know that everything has caps, but power and protections do not. I know it SAYS there is, but say if you do have over 1K power on Kuku, ALL of that power is used, it doesn't cap, It's really weird, but trust me. Like for example, if you had 500 power on an assassin, it uses all 500, not just 400 and ignores the rest. I don't know why. I've tested this before many times with like 12 gods once I learned that myself, and it really does work.

And in hybrid builds, it would just go over to power as default, since they are clearly a bruiser, so power would still be useful.

And as for the high kuku build, again, this buff is temporary, and it's exactly what an ult that empowers items should do, making them reach crazy level of power.. And all that +1K power goes into his tornadoes and his ult. It would be amazing. But if that's too high, you could just lower the percentage down. The way I was planning it, the buff would apply roughly one extra item's worth of power.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ok fair enough (and sorry for the long time between your response and this, life happened)

I do have another idea, and could use some constructive feedback. I won't pop it in her kit just yet, because the numbers might need a bit of tweaking.

Ability 4: Forged with Fire

Brigid tempers and upgrades fully built items in each allied God(s) arsenal, giving them a temporary boost in stats for a short duration. If Brigid dies during this, the buff ends immediately and is replaced with the "Broken" debuff that drains the stats of all items in each allied God(s) arsenal for a short duration. Forged with fire does not upgrade; Relics, Consumables, or Starter Items.

Tempered Upgrade Buff: 20% of all stats
    Buff Duration: 12.5/15/17.5/20/22.5
    Broken Drain Debuff: 10% of all stats.
    Debuff Duration: 2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5s
    Cooldown: 170/160/150/140/130s
    Cost: 550/500/450/400/350
    *Flavor Text* All shall stand aside, for they fear what is stronger.

Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack