Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smite Adventure Progression System needs to be altered

New Member Cupidhead SolidGoldZoose's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Smite Adventure Progression System needs to be altered

Hey all. So this new adventure has got me so incredibly frustrated that I had to create a thread about it. I really feel this is something hi-rez needs to address as I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Before I get started, let me bring up three things:
    1. I loved the Trials of Hercules adventure. Easily my favorite one
    2. I purchased the Shadows over Hercopolis bundle (and sorely regret it).
    3. If your comment is "git gud", save it. Read what I have to say here and you'll notice it's not a skill thing.

Here's the bottom line. The progression system in this adventure needs to be changed as players can literally get stuck and be unable to progress. That's where I am right now. Let me explain.

After you purchase the bundle, you gain access to various buildings that serve various functions. However, you are unable to access these buildings until you complete all quests in the previous building. I am currently on the Church quest "Defeat Surgr" and have been stuck on it for...six...hours. Here is why I am stuck.

1. I need better loot in order to be strong enough to defeat Surgr
    2. I can receive better loot from the drugur boss chest
    3. Most times I beat him, I receive a ruby
    4. You can sell rubies for 3000 gold each, however, you need to have defeated Surgr in order to unlock the building that lets you do that
    5. I can't defeat Surgr because I keep receiving loot that can only be used after defeating Surgr instead of loot that helps empower me to defeat Surgr
    6. Start at the beginning

There also isn't any sort of matchmaking filter so most times I'm matched with someone who has practically no items or quite literally no items, meaning that attempt immediately fails. But who could blame these people, they probably can't progress anyway either.

Now it's true that you can store up gold in order to get chests for loot but look at the amount of gold required. You receive around 50 or less gold per chest and I need 3000 gold in order to roll on the best chest in the game. But this chest contains items that aren't even t3. I finally got enough gold for a chest and got a Bluestone starter item. Also, this adventure is significantly longer than the last one so you may play for like 20 minutes and only come out with like 500 gold.

I know hi-rez doesn't make MMOs but how can this system be in place? How is anyone supposed to progress in this game if you keep receiving items that can't be used until later in the game? The only way to progress is to keep jumping in the game and hope that you get paired up with two people who have full builds so they can carry you through the current quest that you're stuck on.

That's not progression. That's not even fun. That's dumb stupid luck. I've been playing for 6 hours straight just trying to complete the fire giant quest and I literally can't due to all of the above factors. I finally got placed in a lobby with two people with full builds and guess what? Once of them left for dinner partway through so we had to surrender.

Here are some potential fixes in no particular order. Any one of these could help with this problem:
    1. Unlock all functions of the buildings. I paid for the ability to use these buildings yet they're still locked behind a "progression system".
    2. Don't let loot such as rubies start dropping until you are able to actually use them in some way
    3. Increase the amount of gold from chests in the world
    4. Allow the first gold chest to drop something even after you have all uncommon items instead of nothing at all. It could even be a large sum of gold
    5. Put the starter items in the Uncommon category with the other low cost items

Sorry for all of my ramblings but this has really put a sour taste in my mouth. People spent $18 dollars in order to fully enjoy this adventure but they're instead unable to progress through it due to lack of foresight by hi-rez.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    I dont think Hirez puts a lot of effort in making these things, its only temp. so why bother, its not like they dont have a trillion other bugs and ballance issues which they haven managed to do in 4 years

New Member Cupidhead SolidGoldZoose's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I get that but if you're going to charge money for something (and i could get any number of fully functional games for $18), you make sure it works

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Tell that to most game companies now in days

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidGoldZoose View Post
    I get that but if you're going to charge money for something (and i could get any number of fully functional games for $18), you make sure it works
    lol no. You're only bitching about half of it.
    You paid them, basically, for skins - but you don't get the skins unless you grind them out. in NORMAL games you pay them to avoid grinding

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I feel the same way too. It's so hard for me to get gold or get through the game to get items coz people keeps giving up or just flat out leave when they see that I don't have any items except fora Lost Artifact that I fortunately got. But that's it. I can't finish the game. I just decided to give up and not play the adventure anymore. What's the point? It's not fun anyways.
    Aphrodite
    Unapologetically Beautiful.
    The rest are just envious b*tches and wannabes.

Aphrodite's shopping list:
    *Superhero skin * Santa (pin-up girl style) skin
    *Golfer skin * Geisha skin * Marilyn Monroe skin
    ***Vogue Dance Emote***

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I made it to loki on hard and dont even have bundle. Get gud man. Farm gold and first boss at first. Then the same once u get to hard. Ther are 4 chests before 2nd bridge. That is like 200g every 5min. 3h for an epic. 1,5 with bundle.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Matchmaking is the ONLY problem, getting dude who literally just start play it when I already had 6x T3 items is bad.
    Anyway I managed to beat Loki on Hard in Saturday while you have 8 weeks to do it, so dont tell me that you cant progress by farming gold from chests and T2 from first boss to defeat Sultr, if you can play against him then you will never get hit by fireballs for example.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidGoldZoose View Post
    Hey all.
    Im not very good at this mode yet, but even i know your crying can easily be fixed.

First, get some friends (that could be hard for you)
    -Do you have a microphone? That helps
    -If you can party with 2 people, you can communicate what is needed
    -You can take any noob with you. By training them or at least playing multiple times, you can get gold or equip them with stuff

Farm the first boss chest. At the very least you get a gold if you dont make it, and at the best you get a T1 item. Help those noobs at least get 5 random T1 items

New Member Cupidhead AnnaReksik's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    New player here, i cant even get any loot, ive completed one subquest to kill some wolves on the blacksmith side and cant go any further as when i join up im always grouped with fully geared up ppl who see me with 1 pathetic piece of noob gear and ALWAYS surrender instantly to get rid of me so im stuck and cant progress any further.

Matchmaker is definatly messing with me and older players.