Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No enjoyment is playing support anymore

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

No enjoyment is playing support anymore

i play mages and support mostly and i main support but these days im getting such stupid people who would start fighting with 2 people when they are on low health and blames you for not being in their lane thats something which happened to me in my last match and not just in my last match ive been getting people like these many times they would just start fighting and lose in a 1v1 then blames support for not being in your lane or babysitting them i can only be at one place at a time maybe its cuz of my low elo how are things at high elo?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Bongloader's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    So you don't find enjoyment when slow minded team mates make inept plays and blame you? How did you come to be a support main to begin with?

Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongloader View Post
    So you don't find enjoyment when slow minded team mates make inept plays and blame you? How did you come to be a support main to begin with?
    I mean this. I'm a support main as well and the best you can do most days it's die to ensure that your team gets more kills in a teamfight. If someone dies before a support dies then it was your fault and if the support dies at the start of a teamfight then guess what... It's your fault that your team lost the fight. It's a lose lose situation.

But you know what. Someone's gotta do it so it may as well be me.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    In the case of people who incessantly play the blame game, my enjoyment is looking to constantly "steal" kills from them.

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I'm not sure if Gold is considered "high" elo but for me I've run into the odd case of stupidity.

Ironically I became a Support Main because I got so frustrated that no one would (or could) play it halfway decent that I took the mantle up myself. With that in mind, most people criticizing you have zero idea of what it's like playing a Support because they themselves probably can't play it either. At best I elaborate on the decisions made, but if they're being completely illogical then I mute them and do my best to help those that will help themselves.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    One of the reasons I actually enjoy Smite way more than i.e. LoL is exactly because even the gods with a heavy emphasis on support are quite capable of being a direct threat.

Due to the predominant design of supporting classes/characters in RPGs and MOBAs as professional slaves, I see too many gamers (even supporters themselves) fully embrace that attitude. Personally I say screw that. Yes, I'll strengthen you, yes I might save you, I might even die for you if I'd consider it a worthwhile trade. But if you're too much of a wet blanket to do your job, you better not hope that I'll bend over backwards just so you can feel good.

And you'd be surprised how much "Assassin Khepri" can be a motivating phrase for your actual assassin.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Playing support is punishment.
    I played Khepri the other day and we had this Nemesis who keeps diving only to deal 1/5 damage to Ra's health so I saved her twice with my ulti. The better players in our team like Rama and Agni no longer gets to experience my ulti because I used it on our assassin who thinks she's Bacchus. And I said to myself, just let the b!tch die. Nemesis ain't worth saving. She's a noob. Save my ulti for Rama and Agni. But then you just have this natural instinct in you to save everyone whenever possible. Voices in your head telling you to save them! Save all of them!!!

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    I played Khepri the other day and we had this Nemesis who keeps diving only to deal 1/5 damage to Ra's health so I saved her twice with my ulti. The better players in our team like Rama and Agni no longer gets to experience my ulti because I used it on our assassin who thinks she's Bacchus. And I said to myself, just let the b!tch die. Nemesis ain't worth saving. She's a noob. Save my ulti for Rama and Agni. But then you just have this natural instinct in you to save everyone whenever possible. Voices in your head telling you to save them! Save all of them!!!
    Not me.

When it becomes clear they'd always press the red button or try to perform complicated electrical wiring in a dilapidated and damp house without killing the mains, my natural predisposition becomes one of "enjoy your journey to becoming scattered atoms, I cannot go with you, as I took an arrow to the knee"
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I just always building bruiser as support so I can solod players or at least be a threat to enemies.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Ive had a khep that went 0/0/1 after 20m an we lost, all he did was using the ult on himself and dash away and never engage or do any poke to the enemy
    Its was litterally 4v5 as he intently stood 1 tower behind everyone else and complained about us feeding for trying to win the game