Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How does chests ACTUALLY work?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

How does chests ACTUALLY work?

So i've been like forever trying to get Aphra Cadabra, without having to get into the 55 chest shit, cause we all know they are gonna give me that skin at the last 55 item, and i only have like 24 items.

I think it's high time enough for hi-rez to stop being so greedy and release this skin in a 14 item chest, cause then I'd totally get it.

So how does the chest actually works? is it random or is it in a order where you get the exclusive skin at the last item?

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    well. There are item tiers and each item tier has a chance to be selected. The "best items" in the box are on the highest tier and thus the lowest chance to be selected.

each "tier" is probably gem-cost based. So the most expensive shit in the box can be expected to be on the highest tier and that would make those items the least likely to get.

not impossible, just unlikely. Like gambling except you always win "something".

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Theres currently like four 55-item chests at once and one normal, its just lol!

Keep in mind that exclusive items from 55 chests always come as 53th, 54th, 55th, so if you don't have gems for all 55, don't even bother. It practically makes the price of these skins an 55*200 = 11000 GEMS.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    The chest work as you feared. It's random. I also share your dislike on the chest system and very disappointed that throughout the whole halloween event they had nothing but chests with 50 or more items and acting like it's a "good deal."

However I will say this, what they are doing with the chivalry chest (at least I think that's what it's called. the one with the new nemesis skin on it) where you get 3 random to show up and you chose 1 out of the 3 is a step in the right direction. If they just applied that to every chest, then I would be more inclined to actually buy those chests.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    You grab them and fondle them like pillows

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    So how does the chest actually works? is it random or is it in a order where you get the exclusive skin at the last item?
    The items in small chests supposedly have equal chances to be rolled (as per patch 3.8), or so HiRez claims.

For large chests, HiRez "significantly increased the chance players will receive a skin, and even more significantly increased the chance players will receive the chest exclusive skin" in that same patch.

But that statement is empty and vague (as it tells nothing about actual numbers or the chances relative to wards, icons, and other fillers), which is sheer nonsense.

This chest system is the case for all chests present and future, as stated by HiRezPonPon.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Ive maxed out several chest only getting the top 3 skins in the end and maybe 1 or two between the 5-10th last

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I never in my whole time in Smite(1,7k hours) bought an single chest.
    Imo wasting huge amount of money only to get single skin(which will be boring after several games anyway) is incredibly short-sighted.

If skin that I like is in chest then I just give up on this. I really can live without another skin. The problem is that some ppl want it so bad that they can lose like 500 euro and then complain about chest system(when clearly this person is the only one who got baited by skin).

If somebody go gambling from his own will, then he cant complain about unfair system.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    I never in my whole time in Smite(1,7k hours) bought an single chest.
    Imo wasting huge amount of money only to get single skin(which will be boring after several games anyway) is incredibly short-sighted.

If skin that I like is in chest then I just give up on this. I really can live without another skin. The problem is that some ppl want it so bad that they can lose like 500 euro and then complain about chest system(when clearly this person is the only one who got baited by skin).

If somebody go gambling from his own will, then he cant complain about unfair system.
    I agree with this and i also have not spend money on chest only the gems that I've saved up. Its dumb how they have the system set up for getting skins. I wish they would just put all skins up for sale and charge them accordingly. I am more willing to pay for something that i want and know I'm getting then gamble my money away.

Junior Member Cupidhead Onmitsu229's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    It can go either way. I like to have all the Skadi skins. I had to get all 55 such kawaii chests to get it. Then I basically had the opposite happen when I got the new Thanatos grim reaper skin in the first two or three chests.