Thread: SMITE: Casual Draft

Junior Member Cupidhead Princ3iples's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

SMITE: Casual Draft

Hello there fellow Gods and Goddesses!

So i've been exploring the deepest darkest places of the interweb and i came across a certain game which has a casual draft mode. Wouldn't this be good experience for newer SMITE players who want to enjoy the competitive draft experience while going levelup?

How would this work?
    It would be just like Ranked Conquest, but then casual. You que, after que you come into a match, you have a ban phase and a draft-pick phase. This would be absolutely great for people to get more experience into the ranked system and would stimulate the ranked scene within SMITE. I would recommend setting some limits to joining this que. Have 20/30 gods owned. Something like that, so they have always something to play. Or be level 10/15/20. Or both. Let me know what you guys think!

Competitive and draft ques!
    Also, would it be a good idea to give your role preferences before queing? ADC, Support, Midlane, Jungle and Sololane. They'd have to make an' autofill system and everyone get's filled into ( hopefully ) one of their requested roles. They can still change with eachother while in lobby by communicating. This could look to improve the fun, but also would take the risk of people getting put in roles they despise. Again, let me know what you think!

I am super hyped for Season 5 and i'm hoping Ranked/Conquest will see a few great and awesome changes! The latest patches have been amazing one by one and i'm glad SMITE is stepping up their game! (Pun intended, sue me.)

Kind regards,

Princ3iples

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,366
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    I wish they would replace Blind Pick Conquest with just Draft Casual Conquest
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    I wish they would replace Blind Pick Conquest with just Draft Casual Conquest
    IMO They should do both. More variations. Why do you prefer draft?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,366
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Princ3iples View Post
    IMO They should do both. More variations. Why do you prefer draft?
    HiRez cant afford to split Conquest community that much if they had as much players as LoL then they could afford it as to why i prefer Draft is becuz of the bans and you cant have mirror lane
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    HiRez cant afford to split Conquest community that much if they had as much players as LoL then they could afford it as to why i prefer Draft is becuz of the bans and you cant have mirror lane
    Very true. But imo the draft pick verison would also stimulate the ranked scene because people get used to it. What do you think about point 2 tho?

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Princ3iples View Post
    Very true. But imo the draft pick verison would also stimulate the ranked scene because people get used to it. What do you think about point 2 tho?
    I think that ill play whatever role is the lowest queue and take whatever character I wanted into that role and 1 of the 4 other dudes will flip the fuck out like they normally do and I won't really notice much of a difference between the current system and the one you proposed.

the issue is people don't want to play guardian/support. I suggest they work on fixing why people don't want to play it rather than working on forcing people into roles they have no desire to play. 3 lanes and 5 roles. Of the 3 lanes and 5 roles possible there is only 1 role that has common recruitment problems. Fix that and you won't need your #2.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Imagine S5 Conquest with falling off/sliding/pushing by wind and lava mechanics, that would be awesome.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    I've wanted any form of non blind/mirror matches forever. the whole concept blew my mind coming from dota 2.

BUT then u run into the ppl who wait till the last second to pick soo they can counter pick or not let the enemy know who they r picking.

I would enjoy sumthing like random conquest tho lol but maybe not full team random like assault maybe like randomize each class. sooo if ur under mage there's a random mage button, etc. also maybe just throwing it out there to give a gold bonus to sumone who random roles, entire god pool tho not class specific.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    make it that you dont know which god tho until your in game. big " ? " God card on loading screen

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    But draft pick means top elo gets their first pick of role right?

Meh.

The only reason I play any Conquest at all is that I can almost guarantee myself to be mid as Scylla. XD.

Skill Level: Snow Bae Scylla <3
    Level: 114/160
    IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono