Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia's balanced?

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    I did, and you're still wrong.

She does not have tons of cc. She has one hard cc, her stun, she lost the root on her 3+1 combo, leaving her with a stun and slows. Thats not tons, thats very little for a guardian.

Most of her utility is tied to her ult, which is well known to be bloated. Besides, context has nothing to do with you comparing the cc and utility available to guardians with mages and hunters. If you can't work out why that is dumb, then refrain from doubling down on asinine observations.
    How is 4 ccs little?
    Ymir-stun-2slows-1wall
    Xing-knockup-knockback
    Sobek-pull-knockup
    Athena-taunt
    Ganesh -knockup-silence-slow
    Artio-slow-root-cripple-stun

So maybe she doesnt have 2 hard ccs anymore, but she still is a good guardian

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    Most of what you're listing is not even CC. Calm down.
    U dont even read it, the point is that she is a good character because she have so much cc and-------good utility

Some guardians like Ymir, geb, sylvanus just gets destroyed if people decide to focus them and they are not as good from behind as guardians with good escapes/mobility and utility

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    How is 4 ccs little?
    Ymir-stun-2slows-1wall
    Xing-knockup-knockback
    Sobek-pull-knockup
    Athena-taunt
    Ganesh -knockup-silence-slow
    Artio-slow-root-cripple-stun

So maybe she doesnt have 2 hard ccs anymore, but she still is a good guardian
    So in the context of you talking about a guardians cc and utility (in a thread about a new mage), I'm in the wrong for saying your observations are inaccurate?

No one said she was bad, I'm pointing out a stun and slows aren't tons off cc, and that comparing the cc and utility of a guardian to hunters and mages is stupid. Which it is.

Your list there is very incomplete btw. If you are counting walls as cc, why isn't it listed under Ganesha, who also has a stun, Xing has root and grab as well as the knockup, Sobek has grab (not pull) and knockback and knockup and slow, Athena has slow as well as one of the most devastating cc's in the game given its range and duration, in fact, only one you got right was Ymir.

So yeah, try to understand that you were wrong, are still wrong, and, considering you then say its easy to destroy Geb, Ymir and Sylvanus, will in all likelihood stay wrong.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RipleyW's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I can't stand her visual design, hope costumes for her will come in the future to change the way she looks. But no, seriously! To me she looks like Pixies from the Kids TV show "Winx Club" lul...
    I like her kit tho, only if she looked different
    Preferred gods;
    Daji, Sol, The Morrigan, Thanatos, Serqet,
    Artio, Skadi, Jing Wei, Neith, Bellona, Medusa, Discordia, Ah Muzen Cab

Finally we have arrived! Much bloodshed is about to take place! We have traveled so far, but this fight will be well worth the trip!

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RipleyW View Post
    I can't stand her visual design, hope costumes for her will come in the future to change the way she looks. But no, seriously! To me she looks like Pixies from the Kids TV show "Winx Club" lul...
    I like her kit tho, only if she looked different
    What about her first ability? It looks and sounds like some old game from 1980's.

Member Follower SantasLiLHelper's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    After having played her some more:
    - the 1 is good, the bouncing projectiles however do very little extra damage per projectile and are not that useful
    - the 2 is super good, your main setup tool and best overall ability in my opinion
    - the 3 is quite OK, decent escape, decent CDR tool, since it is a leap good to escape f.e. Odin cage
    - the ult is a bit underwhelming to me, easy to dodge and block by player made objects, tons of time to react before damage goes off
    All in all I still like her, she feels not too far from balanced to me, perhaps a bit strong but far from OP.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Alright. I've come to the scientific conclusion that the ability known as "2" activates too fast at the range that they gave it. I feel like this is true and that's how science works... right? Right...

Also. I think she looks like bubblegum stuck under a shoe with dog shit trailing behind it. k. I go now.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    Alright. I've come to the scientific conclusion that the ability known as "2" activates too fast at the range that they gave it. I feel like this is true and that's how science works... right? Right...

Also. I think she looks like bubblegum stuck under a shoe with dog shit trailing behind it. k. I go now.
    When I read this comment I felt my face tremble I quickly ran to the bathroom to look at the mirror and I was laughing.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't know and don't care if she's balanced or not, but the fact that her ult makes you clutter the already cluttered voisechat with stupid vgs commands and taunt-spam is the most cancerous and non-userfriendly things I've seen in this game. It's almost as if the sound design of the game isn't bad enough, so they decided to fuck it up even more than it is now.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,370
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnydreaD View Post
    I don't know and don't care if she's balanced or not, but the fact that her ult makes you clutter the already cluttered voisechat with stupid vgs commands and taunt-spam is the most cancerous and non-userfriendly things I've seen in this game. It's almost as if the sound design of the game isn't bad enough, her ult makes it even worse.
    Thats the best part about her kit and i love it
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*