Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98

Thread: Artio is stupid

  1. #51
    Banned Honoured LiamX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    Alright I'll slow down here a bit and try to refresh your memory.

    If you remember on a thread about Artio when she was first released, I agreed she needed some toning down and gave some specifics about it. Furthermore, I actually agreed on Raijin needing some kind of buff but was unsure of how to proceed without making him ridiculous. Also you're usually clouded by anything related and unrelated to the game as I can dredge up mountains of posts you've made further proving this point.
    Oh ok. I must have confused you for Lyralis. I always get mixed up by you two. Sorry about that.


    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    A new god has potentially new mechanics that need adjusting to (Read Discordia). A reworked character keeps the base framework for a kit but adds or adjusts the peripherals on it that lead to smaller ripples in the grand scheme of things. It's not as if Raijin suddenly shot his Percissuve Storm in 5 different directions over a single patch to give an example.

    Edit: I think I misunderstood your question so I'll re-elaborate here.

    Both can actually cause an upheaval. The difference is how significant the rework is compared to what people have come to expect, as opposed to a new character like Discordia or Artio where there are no base expectations. In Raijin's case, the rework itself wasn't that massive, but as stated before, his numbers were cranked really high and that is what people were arguing over, not so much what his kit does specifically.
    Makes sense. However, 4 months is more than enough time to adjust to a new god (which was your concern in the first place). How many games can you play in 4 months and how many people are there playing? Still, it's a popular opinion that Artio is OP even among the pros. And you can't call pros sheeps. They're the opinion starters.


    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    You're not wrong in the sense that Raijin can be CCed, but surprise, that can be said about any character in the game. The difference between these two specifically is Artio needs to get in close while Raijin can casually damage people at arm's length. Raijin also has a CC immune ult plus i-frames in his leap, Artio has no CC immunity period.
    Uhmm well, you wanted Raijin's weaknesses and so I've given them to you.
    A lot of people, mostly, Nike and Artio fans consider being CCed in the middle of their damaging skill a weakness so, this is Raijin's weakness.
    Do you recognize the fact that Raijin has a weakness?

    Also, it is normal that Raijin needs to stay in range while Artio needs to get close. Take note. Raijin is a mage and squishy. Artio is a guardian and tanky. What you're saying is not really a weakness of Artio but a norm to her class. Imagine if she won't get close. She'll be more OP than she already is!
    Also, many gods has no CC immunity. Raijin's CC immunity is important for his 4. Otherwise, he'd be underpowered. He's already a slow moving big target with his ulti. Removing his CC immunity would make it cancelled as well. Artio on the other hand does not need CC immunity. I mean what for right? So that her dash won't be cancelled? So that she can slow you to death? Take note, these skills has a significantly lower cooldown than Raijin's ulti. Again, if she had CC immunity, she'd be more bloated than she already is.

    And to those of you saying "You just need to learn how to counter her". No, I don't think we should wait several months to nerf new gods. Several games is enough to know how a god is. Artio is already pass that point. She shouldn't be given special treatment just because she's the 3rd newest goddess in the game. I mean no one is giving Hachiman special treatment and he's newer than Artio. Why should we treat Artio any different?

  2. #52
    Banned Honoured LiamX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    7
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Party Person 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    I'm gonna use Liam logic.

    Terra is an important figure in mythology, unlike Bellona, Scylla and Artio, and should thus be able to kill with a glance, like that oh so important red guy because of reasons Wikipedia and pop-up books taught me.
    TBH, it would have been better if Terra was the popular Smite goddess instead of these nobodies.
    Though I would love it if her Spriggan skin was her default. That skin is more true to her lore.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    No.jpeg
    Posts
    773
    7
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    Oh ok. I must have confused you for Lyralis. I always get mixed up by you two. Sorry about that.
    It's alright, don't worry about it.

    Makes sense. However, 4 months is more than enough time to adjust to a new god (which was your concern in the first place). How many games can you play in 4 months and how many people are there playing? Still, it's a popular opinion that Artio is OP even among the pros. And you can't call pros sheeps. They're the opinion starters.
    I'll admit the Pros are the trend setters for many reasons. The only issue I find is that people don't consider the closed meta that ends up developing in that type of environment. Take for example AMC. Most people acknowledged his damage but considered him below par when it came to a competitive setting. Well cue Yammy and Zyrhoes to name a few that decided to start running him, and in midlane of all things. Does that mean AMC is viable? Perhaps, but in a very controlled setting (plus it helps to know your teammates aren't made out of wood). The said can be applied to any character in the game.

    Uhmm well, you wanted Raijin's weaknesses and so I've given them to you.
    A lot of people, mostly, Nike and Artio fans consider being CCed in the middle of their damaging skill a weakness so, this is Raijin's weakness.
    Do you recognize the fact that Raijin has a weakness?
    Sorry I didn't mean to come off as aggressive with that and I misworded a bit. I never didn't acknowledge Raijin not having a weakness, just that he was overbearing due to flat number increases (and range increases) on his kit.

    Also, it is normal that Raijin needs to stay in range while Artio needs to get close. Take note. Raijin is a mage and squishy. Artio is a guardian and tanky. What you're saying is not really a weakness of Artio but a norm to her class. Imagine if she won't get close. She'll be more OP than she already is!
    Also, many gods has no CC immunity. Raijin's CC immunity is important for his 4. Otherwise, he'd be underpowered. He's already a slow moving big target with his ulti. Removing his CC immunity would make it cancelled as well. Artio on the other hand does not need CC immunity. I mean what for right? So that her dash won't be cancelled? So that she can slow you to death? Take note, these skills has a significantly lower cooldown than Raijin's ulti. Again, if she had CC immunity, she'd be more bloated than she already is.
    I'll agree and be thankful Artio doesn't have any CC immunity. The main reason I compared Raijin and Artio was you seem to be taken with Raijin, and given the coincidence of him going through some changes might provide a platform to start a discussion.

    And to those of you saying "You just need to learn how to counter her". No, I don't think we should wait several months to nerf new gods. Several games is enough to know how a god is. Artio is already pass that point. She shouldn't be given special treatment just because she's the 3rd newest goddess in the game. I mean no one is giving Hachiman special treatment and he's newer than Artio. Why should we treat Artio any different?
    The only issue I have with "Several games being enough" is that every individual's experience is different. If everyone only played 3 games with Artio in it, without taking into account peripherals such as the rest of your comp vs the enemy's comp then we'd get a very narrow picture of what's really going on.

    With that said, normally 4 months would be a good indicator of knowing how a character is performing, but I can use a few other examples to show that sometimes, the community just has PTSD. Khepri and Susano spring to mind for me.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    I am Groot
    Posts
    510
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    TBH, it would have been better if Terra was the popular Smite goddess instead of these nobodies.
    Though I would love it if her Spriggan skin was her default. That skin is more true to her lore.
    Well, given the total amount of people who could have potentially worshipped said deities, there is a valid argument that there were never enough people following the Shinto religion (based purely off of the geological limitations set upon its worship) to warrant their inclusion. Frankly, in terms of pure numbers that would be potentially involved, Youruba would have been more relevant. Indeed, it could be easily argued that without anime and manga influence, Shinto would have next to no impact.

    But then, it could be said only a total asshole would try to use their subjective opinion to demean entire cultures as it didn't conform to their own, limitedly held beliefs.

    Does sir like apples?
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

  5. #55
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Well, given the total amount of people who could have potentially worshipped said deities, there is a valid argument that there were never enough people following the Shinto religion (based purely off of the geological limitations set upon its worship) to warrant their inclusion. Frankly, in terms of pure numbers that would be potentially involved, Youruba would have been more relevant. Indeed, it could be easily argued that without anime and manga influence, Shinto would have next to no impact.

    But then, it could be said only a total asshole would try to use their subjective opinion to demean entire cultures as it didn't conform to their own, limitedly held beliefs.

    Does sir like apples?
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SpanglyBalls again.

    Shame, I want to +rep this 100 times.
    What do I put here now?

  6. #56
    Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    No.jpeg
    Posts
    773
    7
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX
    And to those of you saying "You just need to learn how to counter her". No, I don't think we should wait several months to nerf new gods. Several games is enough to know how a god is. Artio is already pass that point. She shouldn't be given special treatment just because she's the 3rd newest goddess in the game. I mean no one is giving Hachiman special treatment and he's newer than Artio. Why should we treat Artio any different?
    Blegh, I messed this part up in my reply.

    I think the only reason we're pointing out Artio specifically is she's made the largest splash this year in terms of community reaction. Hachiman, unfortunately made about as bland of an impact as Camazotz on release. That isn't saying he's bad but the community reacts more with ridiculous antics then a relatively balanced on release character.

    That's just my interpretation of it anyways, it's not like I have hard evidence.

  7. #57
    Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Walking with Elisa
    Posts
    4,057
    13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamX View Post
    TBH, it would have been better if Terra was the popular Smite goddess instead of these nobodies.
    Though I would love it if her Spriggan skin was her default. That skin is more true to her lore.
    I'm gonna include SpanglyBalls's quote here cuz it's literally what you say anyway.

    Terra is important is the only point I agree with.

    I think Spriggan is too Celtic to work as her default tbh, it'd need editing. But it is better than her default. Slightly.

    Bellona as you refuse to understand was quite important to the Romans. They'd pray to her and perform a sacred ritual at her temple every time before going to war.

    Scylla features rather prominently in the oldest and most well known epic poem written in Western Literature. That is significant.

    Artio isn't quite as well known but she was worshipped and/or respected by Celts so there.

    Raijin, who's Raijin? Oh right, the one that features in a trashy anime.
    What do I put here now?

  8. #58
    Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Posts
    1,727
    8
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    Blegh, I messed this part up in my reply.

    I think the only reason we're pointing out Artio specifically is she's made the largest splash this year in terms of community reaction. Hachiman, unfortunately made about as bland of an impact as Camazotz on release. That isn't saying he's bad but the community reacts more with ridiculous antics then a relatively balanced on release character.

    That's just my interpretation of it anyways, it's not like I have hard evidence.
    I think I have the perfect descriptive terminology for Hachiman.

    Wet toast.

    Its still technically toast, but its as enjoyable as using your own hand to check if your turds are bloody or not. You don't want to, but it might be important.

    My analogical powers get weird after drinking.

    Ba-doom-ting.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

  9. #59
    Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    No.jpeg
    Posts
    773
    7
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    I think I have the perfect descriptive terminology for Hachiman.

    Wet toast.

    Its still technically toast, but its as enjoyable as using your own hand to check if your turds are bloody or not. You don't want to, but it might be important.

    My analogical powers get weird after drinking.

    Ba-doom-ting.

  10. #60
    Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    816
    5
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    The pain of the facts overides the what little laughter can be found in this joke

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •