Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfun relic system. Should you have to choose?

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran

Unfun relic system. Should you have to choose?

The relic system implemented in season 4 in my opinion, is terrible. Everyone getting a get out of jail free card from the start is annoying.

Should everyone be forced to choose between beads or aegis?

I feel like almost all squishies use the same two relics every game. If you are able to catch them when that's down, their buddy cones in and throws the shield on them.

For me, choosing between the two would force more people to choose new relics.
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    It was implemented at the start of S3.

Also, from the beginnings of time every squishy would usually go Beads or Aegis, with some going Combat Blink in S1-S2.

People just want what helps them survive as squishies so they can go full glass.

I always go Beads + Blink on Scylla because I detest Aegis.

Also Blink is best relic in the game.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Relics should be actives once again. Remembering when u had actually a lot of different relics to choose from.. Lets see

Blink and Combat blink, Enfeebling and weakening curses, Greater and heavenly sprints, beads, two different sanctuary. Achilles spear (rare pick, but a solid one for several gods) Salvation, meditation. Shield of underworld, shell, (different teleports), frenzy and then ofc both hands of god thingys.

Now what are the shit u can choose from
    beads / aegis, sprint, shell, horrific, blink
    well.. I guess thats what 99,99% pick because no reason to pick anything else.

Not to mention this system completely sucks. The moment the game starts no matter what game mode (assault med ofc), all you see is aegis and few beads. The fact you see this relic on tanks is a huge problem. And the lack of variety is just god awful

And the fact everyone gets free relic at l1, and you are unable to buy second relic earlier than level 12? is just bullshit. I don't want free relic at level 1. I assume this change from actives to relics had something to do with the fact that people are shit at managing gold.

and looking back at several recent god changes and new gods (not including Discordia) I can without a doubt say that they are pandering the game for console casuals with lower sensitivity than Gucci.

To put it in perspective. Daji buff, load of horse shit that ult buff was, yeah good idea make it pretty much unavoidable because thats fun, Poseidon changes yeah why not take the little skill there was to play him and make him braindead for people with 2 sensitivity. All the massive and easy to hit hitboxes (artio, cuchulain, Hachiman, raijins kit easier to hit than ever before)
    Last edited by Derled; 11-02-2017 at 02:00 AM.
    Win lane, lose game

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    The active system was fucked because it encouraged snowballing. You're behind? Too bad for your actives, then. That's bad for gods who really need certain actives, like how Ymir really needs blink. Aegis is overrated--usually, it's better to get something that specifically counters the enemy team. Beads is necessary in a CC-focused game like this.

Should there be more relics, as well as more variants of upgraded relics? Of course. Should we revert to the active system? Fuck no.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured SpanglyBalls's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Honestly, I just want more effective relics so we don't see the same 5 or 6 everygame. All I ever see is beads, aegis, shell, sprint, thorns and blink. Unless Odins about of course. Then you may see another.

I know the active system was retarded, watched a few videos and just laughed at how broken some of that shit was, but there was enough viability among actives to ensure each game didn't look like someone has just copy/pasted the relic tab from your previous 50 games.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Honestly, I just want more effective relics so we don't see the same 5 or 6 everygame. All I ever see is beads, aegis, shell, sprint, thorns and blink. Unless Odins about of course. Then you may see another.

I know the active system was retarded, watched a few videos and just laughed at how broken some of that shit was, but there was enough viability among actives to ensure each game didn't look like someone has just copy/pasted the relic tab from your previous 50 games.
    The relics you choose comes from alot of factors though, the god your playing, your team comp, other teams comp and the gods they pick. When I play anubis and plan on building tanky i pick up sprint. I rarely use beads unless I'm going against Aries. I feel like beads and aegis is over rated. tbh If you are a skilled player you don't NEED relics like beads or aegis. You can be your own natural beads or aegis by simply avoiding in strategic manners. Then you will have other relics that is actually a feat you can't mimic putting you at a significant advantage. I feel like alot of the players that main beads and aegis never practice without it. So they don't see how it actually puts you at a disadvantage in some cases.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Relics should be actives once again. Remembering when u had actually a lot of different relics to choose from.. Lets see

Blink and Combat blink, Enfeebling and weakening curses, Greater and heavenly sprints, beads, two different sanctuary. Achilles spear (rare pick, but a solid one for several gods) Salvation, meditation. Shield of underworld, shell, (different teleports), frenzy and then ofc both hands of god thingys.

Now what are the shit u can choose from
    beads / aegis, sprint, shell, horrific, blink
    well.. I guess thats what 99,99% pick because no reason to pick anything else.

Not to mention this system completely sucks. The moment the game starts no matter what game mode (assault med ofc), all you see is aegis and few beads. The fact you see this relic on tanks is a huge problem. And the lack of variety is just god awful

And the fact everyone gets free relic at l1, and you are unable to buy second relic earlier than level 12? is just bullshit. I don't want free relic at level 1. I assume this change from actives to relics had something to do with the fact that people are shit at managing gold.

and looking back at several recent god changes and new gods (not including Discordia) I can without a doubt say that they are pandering the game for console casuals with lower sensitivity than Gucci.

To put it in perspective. Daji buff, load of horse shit that ult buff was, yeah good idea make it pretty much unavoidable because thats fun, Poseidon changes yeah why not take the little skill there was to play him and make him braindead for people with 2 sensitivity. All the massive and easy to hit hitboxes (artio, cuchulain, Hachiman, raijins kit easier to hit than ever before)
    Are you somehow trying to imply that Raijin was previously shit because of console?
    That's quite funny.

Also travel time is the same for all formats. Once you work out the timing, it was easy to land.

Don't blame console for people using potato pc's while having 50 plus windows open at the same time.

Can go both ways.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    The relics you choose comes from alot of factors though, the god your playing, your team comp, other teams comp and the gods they pick. When I play anubis and plan on building tanky i pick up sprint. I rarely use beads unless I'm going against Aries. I feel like beads and aegis is over rated. tbh If you are a skilled player you don't NEED relics like beads or aegis. You can be your own natural beads or aegis by simply avoiding in strategic manners. Then you will have other relics that is actually a feat you can't mimic putting you at a significant advantage. I feel like alot of the players that main beads and aegis never practice without it. So they don't see how it actually puts you at a disadvantage in some cases.
    The same logic applies to you only playing Loki.
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    The same logic applies to you only playing Loki.
    why do you try to derail threads into a loki thread lol? If you want to talk about him make a thread about damn it, we all get loki poops on you everyday so you love to talk about him.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    why do you try to derail threads into a loki thread lol? If you want to talk about him make a thread about damn it, we all get loki poops on you everyday so you love to talk about him.
    What a huge surprise.

You missed the point entirely.
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING