Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which stats do the classes prefer and are there limits?

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered

Question Which stats do the classes prefer and are there limits?

I thought tailoring the builds to the god was a good way to go but have seen videos and builds on other sites that show some general items shared among gods of the same class.

I also noted a stat like Critical Strike I thought was only for certain gods like Athena because of her passive but seems it is good on all Hunters and Assassins.

Plus I am wondering if there is a limit on certain stats. I tried a couple of Hunters with high Attack Speeds but it seemed at a certain point the Speed just did not increase.

I am looking to revise my God Builders for my gods that I have done twice now. I do not get the high damage others get and this is at the bottom since I am still learning.
    Last edited by Wildstreak; 11-03-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    I thought tailoring the builds to the god was a good way to go but have seen videos and builds on other sites that show some general items shared among gods of the same class.

I also noted a stat like Critical Strike I thought was only for certain gods like Athena because of her passive but seems it is good on all Hunters and Assassins.

Plus I am wondering if there is a limit on certain stats. I tried a couple of Hunters with high Attack Speeds but it seemed at a certain point the Speed just did not increase.

I am looking to revise my God Builders for my gods that I have done twice now. I do not get the high damage others get and this is at the bottom since I am still learning.
    in the item builder there are bars that display ur current builds stats and to the right of the bar is the limit in that stat.

ie cooldown redux 40%, attack speed 2.5

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    forgot to mention abilities that effect atk spd also count against the cap, soo like Rama with 2.3 atk spd from items would cap at 2.5 even tho his roid would put him well over that.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

Go into Jungle Practice. Open up the Scoreboard. On the right of the Scoreboard are the Physical/Magical Stats, Defense Stats and Utility Stats. Mouseover to bring up the relevant stats. At the right, you can see numbers in brackets.

eg Physical Stats
    Critical Chance - [100]; Attack Speed - [2.5]
    eg Defense Stats
    Protection CC - [40]
    eg Utility Stats
    Cooldown % - [40]

Refer to smite.gamepedia.com for gameplay information. Some reference links below.

https://smite.gamepedia.com/Gameplay_Elements
    https://smite.gamepedia.com/Statistics
    https://smite.gamepedia.com/Crowd_Control
    http://team-dignitas.net/articles/bl...ishing-returns

Builds vary according to the situation. For example, Mages usually pick all Offense items. But sometimes, a defense item such as Magi's Blessing may be needed to counter CC.

For items, anything with Physical Power can only be picked up by Hunters and Warriors. With Magical Power, only Mages and Guardians.

Examples of items which can be picked by any class eg Shield of Regrowth, Magi's Blessing, Hide of the Urchin

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Every stat has a cap, and different stats are better for different gods. Warriors and guardians benefit from protections (some benefit from damage more than others, and a few warriors benefit from attack speed); hunters benefit from attack speed, power, lifesteal, and maybe crits; assassins are pretty varied; and mages benefit from power and CDR. Note that you may need to get a single defense item on certain squishies to stay alive, and every build should have some pen.

Also, Athena can't buy crit items because she's magical. Polynomicon, however, does work well on her if you're running a bruiser build.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SaintDemonbane's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Crit is not optimal on all assassins and hunters, and magical Gods like Athena cannot get crit any more (thank whatever deity you believe in for that).

And there are indeed various go-to items for Gods of the same class. Most mages should go with pen boots, for instance. Most guardians should go for Watcher's Gift. Most assassins should go for Warrior Tabi. There are exceptions, of course.

There is caps to stats, though for most you'll never realistically reach them. Attack speed, CDR, penetration, and CCR are probably the only caps you'll be hitting in game, unless you're dicking around in jungle practice.

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    So is that also why half the Aura items do not buff Ares' Base Attack Damage?
    The following Aura items are not buffing Ares Base Attack Damage.
    Mystical Mail
    Shogun's Kusari
    Heartward Amulet
    Sovereignty
    Gauntlet of Thebes
    Pestilence

Yeah, I tried making an all Aura build based on his passive but after trying the item builder, seems these do not work with it.

Sorry, I meant to say Artemis, not Athena, got the names mixed up.
    Last edited by Wildstreak; 11-03-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Mystical Mail
    Shogun's Kusari
    Heartward Amulet
    Sovereignty
    Gauntlet of Thebes
    Pestilence

Yeah, I tried making an all Aura build based on his passive but after trying the item builder, seems these do not work with it.
    They buff his magical power not his basic attack.

Although from the magical power gained his basic attack does increase.

Each aura item gives Ares 30 magical power.

This gives him +6 basic attack power as well.
    What do I put here now?

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Mystical Mail
    Shogun's Kusari
    Heartward Amulet
    Sovereignty
    Gauntlet of Thebes
    Pestilence

Sorry, I meant to say Artemis, not Athena, got the names mixed up.
    Build won't work, not that there is no power, but that you are making a no boots build. Also, you have +180 power from 6 Aura Items, but you are missing 45 power from shoes eg Shoes of the Magi. So your overall additional power is actually like +135 power.

If you want more power, you choose either Void Stone and/or Jade Emperor Crown and/or Pythagorem's Piece. Void Stone and Jade Emperor Crown has 20 power, so thats +50 power with Ares passive. Plus Void Stone reduces enemy magical protections by 20, for you and your team. Pythagorem's Piece has 40 power or +90 power with Ares passive. The last aura item with any power is Rod of Asclepius, which is not applicable to Ares, who has no heal.

Ares with no boots? How you gonna get close enough to land your chains with no boots? Or you gonna play like a bit** and play defensive by hiding under tower, and only coming out and going on offense when you have Blink and Ultimate up.

Having Sovereignty, Heartward Amulet and Gauntlet of Thebes is overkill imo, especially if you also work in Mystical Mail. If someone helps Ares with clearing to get more farming, to get Mystical Mail online then it means your team is ahead. Thus getting 3 defensive team-oriented items means you give up the advantage.

If getting more damage is your focus, Void Stone is the aura item to get.

When playing Warrior or Guardian, your entire build is situational, based on your team composition and enemy team composition. Eg. You do not really need Pestilence if there is no healer on the enemy team.

Achievements:
    I have changed the build.
    BTW, Pestilence also does not buff his Base Attack Damage so my new build uses only the 4 that do plus boots and one other item.
    Actually better than before. So far I usually get winning matches and a positive K/D.
    That's 2 Gods that work for me now.