Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.21 - Shadows Over Hercopolis - Official Patch Notes

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 1,223
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class

4.21 - Shadows Over Hercopolis - Official Patch Notes

What a lovely round of god balance changes skins hype spoils Discord we have today.
    https://www.smitegame.com/news/new-i...21-patch-notes
    TL;DR version:

New God:

Discordia, Goddess of Strife, Roman Mage

Skins:

Ganesha/Kali (Odyssey), Loki (Adventure Bundle), Cernunnos (Gold Vault), Cu Chulainn/Arachne/Nemesis (???), Kali (Mastery)

Odyssey 2018:

Continues this patch with the Hindu pantheon - new items, collection rewards, quests and story chapter.

Item Balance:

Buffed Items: Blackthorn Hammer, Relic Dagger, Stone of Fal

God Balance:

Buffed Gods: Agni, Da Ji, Isis, Janus, Ullr
    Nerfed Gods: Hou Yi

New Adventure:

Shadows over Hercopolis - like Trials of King Hercules, but bigger and more mechanically advanced.
    Last edited by SeventhArchon; 11-01-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

~I only play Jungle Practice, so note that my opinions are colored by that fact~
    "I am a primordial being: eternal, infinite, and still not nerfed enough."
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    PTS will be up "shortly" (Source), so that's neat.

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Best god of 2017.

Skill Level: Snow Bae Scylla <3
    Level: 114/160
    IGN: Šcylla

"For people like us, a life without music is death." - Kaori Miyazono

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You know how I jokingly said that "the next thing you know they are gonna buff Janus" ever since the Scylla buff like a year ago? Well, here you go. No, really what is up with them trying to fix things that are not broken? Janus needs a nerf, not a buff, and needs it for a long ass time. Ullr didn't need a buff. Agni didn't need a buff. But I guess that's as far as balancing based on statistics will get you.

At least the Arachne skin looks promising, this will be the first skin I'll buy in like 3 months. UPD I just watched the stream recording with the skin showcase, I'm throwing my money at the monitor and nothing happens.
    Last edited by SkinnydreaD; 11-02-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnydreaD View Post
    You know how I jokingly said that "the next thing you know they are gonna buff Janus" ever since the Scylla buff like a year ago? Well, here you go. No, really what is up with them trying to fix things that are not broken? Janus needs a nerf, not a buff, and needs it for a long ass time. Ullr didn't need a buff. Agni didn't need a buff. But I guess that's as far as balancing based on statistics will get you.

At least the Arachne skin looks promising, this will be the first skin I'll buy in like 3 months.
    Ullr get unnecessary buff cause HR must somehow sell his T5 skin, but I dont understand Janus and Agni buff.
    Agni was one of the most balanced god in the game while Janus was even better.
    Why HR need to broke god because not many ppl plays him? He wasnt under-powered but now he will be overpowered.

I hope new god would not be OP like Artio.

Also adventure waiting!
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 623
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    hunters geting buffed... are you seriously, Hi-Rez?

also Agni buff. im ok about attack speed, but wtf is ult buff? do you realize, that his ult is allready have 180% scaling at 60 sec cooldown? now it gonna be 210% scaling and 54 sec cooldown and this ability COST NO MANA!

how exactly that ult buff can make him the standard of balanced god again? this guy allready had one of the best ults in the game: damage highly above average for mages, cooldown 60 sec for all 3 meteors togheter - one of, if not the shortest ult cooldown in mage list, cost no mana, which is allready huge advantage, and it can be splited, so you don't have to wait long cooldown every time you use it. his ult is everything mage can wish: you miss it - who cares, you still have 2 meteors, out of mana - who cares, it cost no mana and you can kill someone when any other mage can't do the shit, not to mention it have huge AoE... and now they buffed it?

are you fkn kidding me?
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 11-02-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    hunters geting buffed... are you seriously, Hi-Rez?

also Agni buff. im ok about attack speed, but wtf is ult buff? do you realize, that his ult is allready have 180% scaling at 60 sec cooldown? now it gonna be 210% scaling and 54 sec cooldown and this ability COST NO MANA!

how exactly that ult buff can make him the standard of balanced god again? this guy allready had one of the best ults in the game: damage highly above average for mages, cooldown 60 sec for all 3 meteors togheter - one of, if not the shortest ult cooldown in mage list, cost no mana, which is allready huge advantage, and it can be splited, so you don't have to wait long cooldown every time you use it. his ult is everything mage can wish: you miss it - who cares, you still have 2 meteors, out of mana - who cares, it cost no mana and you can kill someone when any other mage can't do the shit, not to mention it have huge AoE... and now they buffed it?

are you fkn kidding me?
    Like I said - Hirez fixes things that are not broken.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Like I said - Hirez fixes things that are not broken.
    True, but I really wish they would stop trying to fix things by using high yield explosives.

Ullr buffs are just laughable.
    Dropped out of meta? Ummhum. Bit behind other hunters? Dunno 'bout THAT...Harder to use certainly, more to consider build wise due to mana...BUFF EVERYTHING!...wait...What?

Its almost like they did this because they want us to do something...
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    Its almost like they did this because they want us to do something...
    I see what you did there.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,499
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Calling it now, Transcendence is going to get removed/reworked for S5, nobody is going to buy it anymore.

At least the Arachne skin looks promising, this will be the first skin I'll buy in like 3 months. UPD I just watched the stream recording with the skin showcase, I'm throwing my money at the monitor and nothing happens.
    The Janus buff was inevitable, he has always underpreformed in everything not SPL and even then, always being a shaky preforming in SPL. The current meta game isn't suited for him either. If you nerf Janus in his current state, all you are going to do is guarantee a larger buff for him later down the line. Same thing with Thoth, you need to buff him and nerf him (which they did to Janus) at the same time, otherwise you are just setting up for failure. Besides, the Janus buff could of been much worse. They could of done something stupid like lower his cooldowns or improve his utility, but no all they did was make the damage a little more rewarding while removing lategame cheese from his ultimate.

Agni was the pinnacle of balance about three years ago, back then relics still had to be bought, tons of characters didn't exist yet, metagame was different, and the conquest map was different. Now all of that is changed and he is suffering from it. With the current metagame of always babysitting the mid laner as jungler, trying to clear with him pre-5 leaves him vulnerable. Agni is from 2012, a lot can change over the course of almost five years of Smite now, hanging on to the whole pinnacle of balance (especially when he's been almost completely absent in SPL all season) is no longer the case.

Also Arachne skin is in Gothic Chest (55 items) so you may want to pick up your money and put it back.
    Last edited by Goobis; 11-02-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.